e6 Beefmasters

Help Support CattleToday:

cloud9cattle

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with these types of ladies picked up two in my replacing phase :devil2: They came in with 6 purebred females. Look solid figured I'd turn them into cash producers. Apparently the breeders bull was down for a bit and he turned some of these girls out with his neighbors registered angus herd bull.

I have five beefmaster cows that were bred to my purebred black angus bull. The calves are growing faster than my angus calves. I am very pleased with them.

130 people looked t this post and only 2 responded. HAHAHA Im taking it this isnt a popular cross? Im really in love with these girls. My question comes up with should i put them back on angus or beefmaster bulls? I know tradionalists hate the angus influence in beefmaster cattle as it is but the girls sure to look like a brangus on steriods and more feminine.

cloud9cattle":32gfv7zw said:
130 people looked t this post and only 2 responded. HAHAHA Im taking it this isnt a popular cross? Im really in love with these girls. My question comes up with should i put them back on angus or beefmaster bulls? I know tradionalists hate the angus influence in beefmaster cattle as it is but the girls sure to look like a brangus on steriods and more feminine.

If that is your two choices then Angus.

I use a 3/4 (really 80%) solid black Simbrah on our beefmaster/cross cows and get some great calves

I have 4 beefmaster girls that have thrown Angus calves for me over the past 2 years and I will say that the cross has been impressive. Most were bullcalves, all have been thick and solid, and rang the bell when sold. I am now keeping back 2 of the heifers. I will probably breed the heifers with hereford for the first calf, and after that, they will be bred with Charolais.

i do not like the angus x beefmaster cross calves at all.ive got 2 angus x beefmaster heifers that are wild and crazy.if they come up to the pens and they know your penning cattle they go bonkers.i was looking at buying a reg beefmaster cow and she was exposed to a angus bull and i wouldnt buy her for that reason.

I think any cow can can be registered as E6 with BBU as long as they were inspected and passed by a BBU field inspector to posses the BBU's six essentials(E6). Its possible they dont have any beefmaster in them. I have two heifers that do the same as bigbull's and have been told thats the angus in them. LOL

SteppedInIt":1nv7ymlp said:
I think any cow can can be registered as E6 with BBU as long as they were inspected and passed by a BBU field inspector to posses the BBU's six essentials(E6). Its possible they dont have any beefmaster in them. I have two heifers that do the same as bigbull's and have been told thats the angus in them. LOL

No e-6 cannot be a angus or simm or a mut. they must be either sired or calved from a beefmaster. They have a upgrade program that you start with a base, first cross, second cross, then purebred. I have seen some really performance Bull's come from the Upgrade program which to me defeats the purpose of pure Bred. "Black Bayou" etc.

thommoos":s7u4hbvg said:
SteppedInIt":s7u4hbvg said:

No e-6 cannot be a angus or simm or a mut. they must be either sired or calved from a beefmaster. They have a upgrade program that you start with a base, first cross, second cross, then purebred. I have seen some really performance Bull's come from the Upgrade program which to me defeats the purpose of pure Bred. "Black Bayou" etc.

Your right. Has to be at least 50% beefmaster. :oops:

bigbull338":1ddh15cs said:
i do not like the angus x beefmaster cross calves at all.ive got 2 angus x beefmaster heifers that are wild and crazy.if they come up to the pens and they know your penning cattle they go bonkers.i was looking at buying a reg beefmaster cow and she was exposed to a angus bull and i wouldnt buy her for that reason.
You must brought wrong individuals then.

Taurus":1rwilibb said:
bigbull338":1rwilibb said:
no there mommas are reg beefmasters and they are as gentle as a dog.we can pen them and the other reg beefmasters no prob.but try to pen the beefmaster crosses and all heck going to break loose.

bigbull338":1oo0qtx1 said:
Taurus":1oo0qtx1 said:
bigbull338":1oo0qtx1 said:
no there mommas are reg beefmasters and they are as gentle as a dog.we can pen them and the other reg beefmasters no prob.but try to pen the beefmaster crosses and all heck going to break loose.
You can find some nutty ones in any breeds or crosses.

I have five registered beefmaster cows. Four were bred when I got them. They had beefmaster calves. I kept the two heifers. Three of the cows are hard to handle when it comes to
o moving them from one pasture to another. The other two go without a problem. The two heifers are as tame as can be . They will follow you like a dog. Now three of the cows have beefmaster angus calves. Pretty calves that come up to the fence and eat fom your hand and let you rub their head and back. I hope they stay that way so it will not be hard to round them up in a few months to sell. Most of my angus and simangus are not hard to manage. I guess there are some wild ones in every breed.

I like beefmaster cattle ,but they do not bring as much when you sell them as the black calves do. All of my beefmasters are red. I really like the angus beefmaster cross. I am saving one heifer this time.

cloud9cattle":3iybbix5 said:

I'm not a Beefmaster breeder, but these animals are not considered E6 females unless they have been papered as such. They have standards that they have to meet to be papered as such. I do know that putting a continental bull like a Limousin on them makes for a great calf to sale.

Williamsv":flh6pg53 said:
I like beefmaster cattle ,but they do not bring as much when you sell them as the black calves do. All of my beefmasters are red. I really like the angus beefmaster cross. I am saving one heifer this time.
Are you talking price per pound or total dollars? If you are talking price per pound, then yes the black calves tend to bring more. If you are talking total dollars, then your Beefmaster calves may do as well because of heavier weights. Raise what fits your environment. An old man once told me in the cattle business, we keep score by counting dollar bills.

bigbull338":237sos08 said:
Taurus":237sos08 said:
bigbull338":237sos08 said:
some folks will find any reason not to like angus.. You've chewed on this bone before and its wrong..

I would run them back on straight angus bulls if you are wanting the most money for your calves. Breed them to beefmaster and some of the calves will have to much ear to bring top price. My beefmasters are great mothers and some of the most docile cows in the herd and their calves are the same.

Latest posts