Which would you choose Beefmasters?

Help Support CattleToday:

Now that's bull I really like!!! He looks like a natural bull. He's gentle which is a huge plus, which is a part of the 6essentials. I totally agree with Thommoos:
#1 being from a foundation breeder has all 6 essentials. He will add mass to the hind quartes and cleath up skin.

#2 put him on the shorter length cows to add length and depth to their calves. and

both will help with any replacement heifers I keep or resale at the smaller breeder sales

texast":36kw7nqd said:
Because I did not state every reason as too why I would pick #2 doesn't mean I'm single trait selecting. There's far more reason's to pick him then the fact that I like the paints in BM. In fact when I made that statement I was making a general statement as too why I like BM'S.
My end result would be to produce an animal that is made up just like him!!
@BRIHOP Goode cattle has some of the legends of the breed semen. I can see myself really spending a lot of money there.

Which ones do you consider to be "legends of the breed"?

Also- what do all the codes mean... classified XYZ? the asterisks, etc?

Legends in My mind are those BM's that Built the Breed. Aside from Lasister and Casey Breeding they are as follows in my mind.

Bulls,
Gladitor, levi, Crimson Warrior, Phantom, Levi, War Paint (Painted Tiger Sire), Taylor Made

Dams
6/2, Dreamlady, 293,

Now issue I have with the "Legends" is sheath and too much skin. If you notice on Goodes Website alot of those Bulls hang straight down. I bred several with legends semen, Crimson Warrior, Levi, War Paints TM.

An almost perfect sheath in my opinion is Deisels Bull smooth 45 degree angle. But that could be considered single trait selection. I wish more BM's breeders would performance register their cattle to build a better Data base on epd's. He has good hind quarters, very deep chested. Too bad there no progeny to see if his epds would be higher that advertised.

yeah im not keeping up with all that. i have mostly a bm herd but i dont do the registry thing. i just cant manage to gather and make avail all the info they want. i would love to be able to reg all my bulls offspring and thier dam info.
is the time worth it..idk..but i need to take time off of my reg job when we need to work em or haul em...
i will have a hard time replacing him if i dont keep one of his offspring...

dieselbeef":2jvlhvvs said:
yeah im not keeping up with all that. i have mostly a bm herd but i dont do the registry thing. i just cant manage to gather and make avail all the info they want. i would love to be able to reg all my bulls offspring and thier dam info.
is the time worth it..idk..but i need to take time off of my reg job when we need to work em or haul em...
i will have a hard time replacing him if i dont keep one of his offspring...
I started doing mine with the online registry, easier. I like your Bull :tiphat:

@brihop, thommoos named almost all the ones I would consider a legend. Here are my names
Rangers Pride, Levi Celebrity Cherokee phantom, Desperado, Painted Tiger, Phantom and Spartacus.
My first and only bull I showed was a BM.

Latest posts