Showing off our Beefmasters ..

Help Support CattleToday:

Red Bull Breeder":3smshh49 said:
I like the heifer, she is very nice. The bull looks to have one nut about half the size of the other one.
I will agree looking at the picture it appears that way but its not . I get a chance tomorrow I will get a better pic of his sack ;-) lol

dieselbeef":29t1x78t said:
try that with my bull...comon..go ahead
Don't guess I have a reason to try it on your bull . but I take it he is a bad dude , man killer ? :pop: :pop:

wellsk_80":30dzh72h said:
dieselbeef":30dzh72h said:
Don't guess I have a reason to try it on your bull . but I take it he is a bad dude , man killer ? :pop: :pop:
not really but i dont think hed go for any of that show bull stuff

dieselbeef":o33225fb said:
wellsk_80":o33225fb said:
dieselbeef":o33225fb said:
not really but i dont think hed go for any of that show bull stuff
well to be honest with you I'm not all up in the show cattle myself. But after raising and fighting bucking bulls for 18 years its kinda nice to have one like him . when you have a pretty little girl and a good one why not show him off ?

Reminds me of a time we bought a bull with a wart on his pecker, this other older farmer shows up and says he's interested to see it - to see if it's fixable and if he'll breed. So he starts strokin the bull to see if he'll display it... Well after a few seconds and nothing happening the comments start from the other farmers standing around..

'ya gotta stroke faster', 'try talking dirty to him first', 'he's probably just not into guys'... :lol2:

I have heard from people in my area that BM are bad to prolapse. Older people sometimes dont like change and BM just never really took off around here, but do they have a predisposition to prolapse or is that a myth. I have seen the breed in person, read a lot about them and really liked them but just couldn't get past a couple of older farmers telling me they were bad to prolapse

I don't think any breed is predisposed for it, but certain lines within all breeds are I'm sure. Have a bad run in an area with a newer breed and that becomes what they are known for. Like me and limos.. ha

milso47":12hpxhyh said:
I have heard from people in my area that BM are bad to prolapse. Older people sometimes dont like change and BM just never really took off around here, but do they have a predisposition to prolapse or is that a myth. I have seen the breed in person, read a lot about them and really liked them but just couldn't get past a couple of older farmers telling me they were bad to prolapse

I think that is a myth or they have culled the ones who had problems.

ive been running reg beefmasters and beefmaster cross cows for 8yrs.and in that time i have yet to have 1 of them prolapse.