Which would you choose Beefmasters?

Help Support CattleToday:

Hoffer_Magic_Futurex_copy.jpg
[/quote]
he's pretty, black and slick.................... and i would'nt want him in the neighboring pastures near mine :cowboy:[/quote]

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol2: :lol:

He is a fine looking Brangus, no wait beefmaster, no wait Angus, cross no um maine cross he!! i do'nt know what he is!

:lol2: but I see him every now and then at a ranch on the other side of the county, he makes them black and polled thats about all i can say.

@ALACOWMAN point well taken lol :D , but the BM's I've grown to love or rather see look more like 2 and 3 be it bad or good, but again after looking at the link you posted from Lasater I get what you're pointing out.
As far as the Brangus bull, sorry black BM I wouldn't want that particular one, nor if I were breeding BM I wouldn't set out to look for black BM'S!! I've been entertaining the idea of raising BM and spoke with a few ranches thus far all of them stated they are breeding for all red animals NOT THE BLACK ONES!!! I personally like the paints, that's if I were going with that breed and still might.
I like the "soggy" extra skin look, but again as I've stated before #1 is a darn good bull, just not my first pick.

I personally like the paints, that's if I were going with that breed and still might.
I like the "soggy" extra skin look, but again as I've stated before #1 is a darn good bull, just not my first pick.[/quote]

Funny thing Mommas with paint sell well at breeders sales, Been breeding a Red bull and thrown just about all solid red calves, uniform and nice. Had to put him down and was going to wait a year or two on a bull. My cows go from duns to solid red to solid black. Not a black calf in the group. I like the Idea of Foundation genetics But 2 is a Painted tiger son and # 3 is a Captain Jack son, both have exception breeding on the dam side, both are from donors and both from type setters. Beside that I like both ranches just as well one has been in business for 60 years. All are nice Bulls hard to make a decision on them. :cboy:

No. 2 - - for the same reasons that any breeder would select No. 2 if they were using Multiple Trait Selection decisions in a LONG term (Ten or 12 year agenda) breeding plan! Not "I like paints" or "I like or don't like sheaths " or " I like or don't like Blacks". These are all "Single Trait Selection" decisions, which will quickly lead you down the failure pathways in beef breeding! To be successful in beef breeding (or any other business, for that matter) one must have definIte GOALS to follow which will be balanced toward years in the future, and not for senseless, personal reasons.

No 2 will help BALANCE a number of those functional traits in seedstock selection decisions. The other two bulls are better choices than a lot of bulls one sees these days, but No 2 would be my choice of these three.

DOC HARRIS

Because I did not state every reason as too why I would pick #2 doesn't mean I'm single trait selecting. There's far more reason's to pick him then the fact that I like the paints in BM. In fact when I made that statement I was making a general statement as too why I like BM'S.
My end result would be to produce an animal that is made up just like him!!
@BRIHOP Goode cattle has some of the legends of the breed semen. I can see myself really spending a lot of money there.

Diesel, How about I meet you 1/2 way and use your bull for about 3 months. :cboy:

Or

I buy a few of 1 and 2 and breed for the traits I am looking for.
#1 being from a foundation breeder has all 6 essentials. He will add mass to the hind quartes and cleath up skin.

#2 put him on the shorter length cows to add length and depth to their calves. and

both will help with any replacement heifers I keep or resale at the smaller breeder sales

knowing that neither have any black in them is a good thing. After AI cleanup with my neighbors Angus bull for strictly commercial pruposes. :cboy:

Sound like a plan?

/http://ranchers.net/photopost/data/500/medium/bullchit4.jpg[img]

[img]http://ranchers.net/photopost/data/500/medium/bullchit1.jpg

hes 5....hows he compare to the above? i got his epd somewhere too

dieselbeef":1mjt6qfo said:
/http://ranchers.net/photopost/data/500/medium/bullchit4.jpg[img]

[img]http://ranchers.net/photopost/data/500/medium/bullchit1.jpg

hes 5....hows he compare to the above? i got his epd somewhere too

I remember him from an earlier post. I think you have a really solid Bull. It would be nice if Hookline&sinker could get a Bull calf out of him from you.

fitz

gentle as a puppy too...dont work the fence or people. calm in the chute..hes awesome. i got lucky gittin that one..

anyways we just had a heifer calf from from bm hiefers.. our first 1 on the grnd. momma was blk tho so the calf is mostly black. real nice tho

we have blk and red bm. cpl baldies now too. mixin em up.

dieselbeef":1n6js6c8 said:
gentle as a puppy too...dont work the fence or people. calm in the chute..hes awesome. i got lucky gittin that one..

anyways we just had a heifer calf from from bm hiefers.. our first 1 on the grnd. momma was blk tho so the calf is mostly black. real nice tho

we have blk and red bm. cpl baldies now too. mixin em up.

Where do you want to meet at? :cboy:
I am only 530 miles from you. Ya know I have a line bred Painted Tiger/62 heifer you might be interested in.

Latest posts