Does Anybody Else Feel Sorry for the Australians

Help Support CattleToday:

KMacGinley":2v13kocd said:
Garbage remark? :) That shows a profound ignorance. Take the US out of the pacific and who was there to stop the Japanese? NO ONE Take the US out of Europe and Hitler defeats the Soviet Union and invades England at his leisure. Sure Poland and the Free French, the commonwealth and others contributed, but without the US the swastika and the rising sun would fly over much of the world today.

You need to spend some time with the history books. If it hadn't been for England, Canada and the rest of the allies, Hitler would have rolled into England a year (or more, depending on how many allies you decide to remove) before the US even _entered_ the war. Unopposed on the Western Front, Hitler would have taken Russia and then combined with the Japanese to take South America and rolled north. Do you really believe that the US could have stood all on its own faced with a German and Japanese army with millions of Russian and Chinese conscripts?

I had family (both US and Canadian family) that fought in WWII. For anyone, ANYONE, of any nationality, to downplay the importance of any of the allies is simply a slap in the face of all those who fought to defend our freedom and is obviously a remark born out of sheer ignorance of the situation as it stood back then. There are certainly no SOLDIERS of _any_ nationality who believe their country single-handedly won WWII, but rather they realize that it was a group effort, without any of the allies they would have failed.

Rod

Txwalt":1plaiza5 said:
Killala":1plaiza5 said:
I'm sure no one meant any offense to German-Australian Great Grandkids of people that were taken to POW camps for speaking out against Hitler and his crazy ideas.

Can't have a simple discussion in here with out someone reaching 3 generations back so they can get offended.

Walt

Or without someone keeping from adding their pointless 2 cents worth. Your comment is totally uncalled for and I take more offense from that than anything else anyone has said in this thread.

come on now lets all get back to what this thread was all about in the begining, before we all have a Cow and it gets out of hand all because of one idiot, and his dumb comment.

Killala":2jjlps2g said:
Txwalt":2jjlps2g said:
I'm sure no one meant any offense to German-Australian Great Grandkids of people that were taken to POW camps for speaking out against Hitler and his crazy ideas.
Can't have a simple discussion in here with out someone reaching 3 generations back so they can get offended.
Walt
Or without someone keeping from adding their pointless 2 cents worth. Your comment is totally uncalled for and I take more offense from that than anything else anyone has said in this thread.
Walt is right ~ no one intended to offend. You are looking for offense.
Is how you keep finding it so easily.
I take great offence
and I take more offense
There is enough going on to be all het up about.
Don't borrow back.

mnmtranching":2dzndgb7 said:
How can they be happy living on a continent where there are no ANTLERED ANIMALS. :???:
Maybe because its WARM?
I'd give up antlers anyday for some heat here! :nod:

angie":1ooj5sp3 said:
mnmtranching":1ooj5sp3 said:
How can they be happy living on a continent where there are no ANTLERED ANIMALS. :???:
Maybe because its WARM?
I'd give up antlers anyday for some heat here! :nod:

Trust me, it ain't warm Angie!! I really wish someone would turn the heater up... winter's only just starting and I'm already over it!!

Killala":2rajx1sa said:
Trust me, it ain't warm Angie!! I really wish someone would turn the heater up... winter's only just starting and I'm already over it!!
Ah ~ you have my sympathies then. Winter sucks! :frowns:
I am still waiting for summer........
:tiphat:

Killala":2j1go5x6 said:

Just out of curiosity, whats an Australian's idea of "cold" in the winter?

Rod

angie":2dlvxcej said:
Killala":2dlvxcej said:

I MISS WINTER :nod: Think about it, 4 hours moving snow around, 4 hours tending cattle then 16 hours sitting by the fire warming the toes back up. :drink:

angie":1cni95d4 said:
Killala":1cni95d4 said:

Angie if I could I'd be glad to send you some "summer". Already nearly 100 down here with terrible humidity. Oh well...maybe the humidity will drop anyway. :)

DiamondSCattleCo":2vxhr05n said:
Killala":2vxhr05n said:

Just out of curiosity, whats an Australian's idea of "cold" in the winter?

Rod

Right now, it's only got down to 0 Celsius so far. Is 2C this morning. But where I am we usually have temperatures of -4 to -6 in winter.
Not as cold as you guys I know but when your summer temperature regularly tops 45C it's a fair old change.

Oh, and thinking bout the antler's thing again.... we have SHEEP, and we also have FERAL GOATS. :D

Killala":cxa46mgh said:
Right now, it's only got down to 0 Celsius so far. Is 2C this morning. But where I am we usually have temperatures of -4 to -6 in winter.
Not as cold as you guys I know but when your summer temperature regularly tops 45C it's a fair old change.

<chuckle> 0C is perfect fencing weather :) -6C is just a hair warm for snowmobiling. But 45C is just rediculous. We'll top 32C - 34C with regularity in the summer, but thats it. I think we made 40C once, but I wouldn't know what it felt like cause when I saw the mercury I turned up the AC and didn't go outside. 40C is certainly way worse than our -40C. Yer tougher than I am. Gimme cold over heat any day :)

Rod

wow mid 20's i nthe winter and 110 in the summer for us Farenheit people. sounds perfect to me. We get -20's in the winter and 90's to 100 in the sumemr with 80% humidity in the summer. Thats -30 degrees Celcuis and 33 to 38 degrees Celcuis if my conversions are right. I think i could stand without antlers for that range of weather heck would barely have to run heat and some AC. Could work all the time no frost bite. I think it i would import some antlers if i was in that weatehr range heck could go hunting all the time and fishing. And you think you have it rough. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

iowafarmer":31qyphkz said:
wow mid 20's i nthe winter and 110 in the summer for us Farenheit people. sounds perfect to me. We get -20's in the winter and 90's to 100 in the sumemr with 80% humidity in the summer. Thats -30 degrees Celcuis and 33 to 38 degrees Celcuis if my conversions are right. I think i could stand without antlers for that range of weather heck would barely have to run heat and some AC. Could work all the time no frost bite. I think it i would import some antlers if i was in that weatehr range heck could go hunting all the time and fishing. And you think you have it rough. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

once you get further west into nebraska its more like 180% humidity. . . on a good day. and you think you have it rough

Yes the revised gun laws were largely as a result of the Port Arthur massacre by the maniac in Tasmania. Truthfully the only people that need guns are landholders and maybe the sporting shooters and gun club members.
Killala is right we don't have any problems with kids coming to school with guns.
Colin

Australian Cattleman":1j5la5xv said:
Truthfully the only people that need guns are landholders and maybe the sporting shooters and gun club members.
Colin
I agree and so did our forefathers but for some reason we had to treat everyone equal. I'll never undrestand why non-landowners get to vote on property taxes.

Back up the page a bit a few comments about the temperature. Winter temps at our place range from minus 15 occasionally but usually about minus 5 up to a top of 12 to 20 of a day. Our summer temps get up to about a top of 34 to 38. Our usual summer temp is 28/30. We have a mild summer usually. Last summer we had one day of a top of 32 the rest was about 28. We have some sleet and the occasional snow here in winter. Our altitude is 1,000 metres.
Love our climate sure beats the heat and the humidity.
Colin :tiphat:

Latest posts