Does Anybody Else Feel Sorry for the Australians

Help Support CattleToday:

what relivance has all this to do with deer shoting....I don't care who carries guns in America I am here in England, and like our gun laws...Sometimes I wonder if it would be better that we were talking German, as there economy and imigration laws seems to be fine. No disrespect to the older generation who faught in the Wars.

Killala":2v1ogrst said:
I would like to see the EVIDENCE to support the rise of 'violent' crime.... I don't know where you get your facts from but they are incorrect. Don't make such bold statements about that which you don't know.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=21902

http://www.jpands.org/hacienda/comm8.html

Don't know how reliable these are, but it's the result of a 30 second search, and I don't really feel like spending half the night on this. If my facts are incorrect, as you say, perhaps you can enlighten me with the correct ones.

chrisy":2mirrbv0 said:
what relivance has all this to do with deer shoting....I don't care who carries guns in America I am here in England, and like our gun laws...Sometimes I wonder if it would be better that we were talking German, as there economy and imigration laws seems to be fine. No disrespect to the older generation who faught in the Wars.

Chrisy you fail to realize that had you "acquired" the German dialect, you would also have "acquired" Mr. Hitler and his barbaric ways. Do you think all that would be the same had he remained in power..probably not! You're probably right though it would be better to be under communist control and wondering when the government is going to knock on your door and execute someone in your family for no reason instead of having the freedom to hop on your computer and :compute: whenever you dang well please. :roll: No disrespect to those who don't fight for freedom of course ;-)

It seems if you have immigration problems then your country is in good shape. People aren't trying to move to crappy countries. Hitler in-acted gun laws before he started moving Jews into the ghettos. The Jews thought that if they followed the law nothing bad would happen. History tells the tale. People are so arrogant today that they think this could never happen again. Like people 70 years ago were idiots, an people today are geniuses. They say "History repeats itself".

Walt

Horticattleman":gqh72s42 said:
chrisy":gqh72s42 said:

Chrisy you fail to realize that had you "acquired" the German dialect, you would also have "acquired" Mr. Hitler and his barbaric ways. Do you think all that would be the same had he remained in power..probably not! You're probably right though it would be better to be under communist control and wondering when the government is going to knock on your door and execute someone in your family for no reason instead of having the freedom to hop on your computer and :compute: whenever you dang well please. :roll: No disrespect to those who don't fight for freedom of course ;-)
sorry perhaps I didn't write this in the manner as to which I meant, I know Hitler was a B'stard with a capital B and he went the way he should have, would have been nicer if he was captured and died a slow painful death I don't deny that, what I meant was the German's have immigration right and their economy is tight, no recessions now. I do like the freedom we have and are very thankful to my Parents and Uncles, and all the people who fought hard to keep it that way, I don't and never have liked communisum, it sounds great on paper but not in practice. I had family who were stuck behind the Iron Curtain, I never saw my Great Aunt and any correspondance with her was censured, she unfortunatly died before the wall came down.

KMacGinley":1zcl0xqe said:
But the fact of the matter is that Killala and everyone else in Australia would be speaking Japanese today if it wasn't for us, just as France and Great Britain would be speaking German.

Don't try to downplay the role that others had in that war with this kind of garbage remark. If it weren't for ALL OF THE ALLIES, we'd all be speaking Japanese and/or German. Remember, it took a couple of years for the US to even enter the war and before that all that stood in the way was the Brits and their allies.

Rod

There have been wild deer roaming for some time... yes, they initially escaped but there is now a substantial 'wild' herd in some places. Without doing some actual research I can't comment on that any more... maybe some of the other Aussies can...

NOW :clap: :clap: That's what I call GOOD NEWS :!: :banana:

DiamondSCattleCo":3t4o1sfg said:
KMacGinley":3t4o1sfg said:
But the fact of the matter is that Killala and everyone else in Australia would be speaking Japanese today if it wasn't for us, just as France and Great Britain would be speaking German.

Don't try to downplay the role that others had in that war with this kind of garbage remark. If it weren't for ALL OF THE ALLIES, we'd all be speaking Japanese and/or German. Remember, it took a couple of years for the US to even enter the war and before that all that stood in the way was the Brits and their allies.

Rod

well said thanks... :clap: :clap: :clap:

chrisy":146l41en said:

Well I don't know about German but Britain does appear to be headed toward having Arabic for the Queens language within a few years and Islam as the "state religion".

DiamondSCattleCo":3g1r7f1g said:
KMacGinley":3g1r7f1g said:

Rod

Garbage remark? :) That shows a profound ignorance. Take the US out of the pacific and who was there to stop the Japanese? NO ONE Take the US out of Europe and Hitler defeats the Soviet Union and invades England at his leisure. Sure Poland and the Free French, the commonwealth and others contributed, but without the US the swastika and the rising sun would fly over much of the world today.

hmmmm.....I don't recall the US having anything whatsoever to do with keeping the Germans from invading and conquering Russia. Best I recall much of the German army froze to death. Many were killed in combat. They retreated in defeat...how the heck do you think the Russians beat us to Berlin.

KMacGinley, read your history books more closely and get your facts straight before spouting your mouth off with wrong information.

TexasBread is right the US didn't go to the Russian front, Hitler made a very big mistake there, and didn't listen to people telling him about the Russian winters, his army froze and starved to death and there guns froze in the sub-zero temps. We the Brits had almost won the War but had run out of money, so had to come and beg for help, which we nearly never got, we as a Nation had to pledge allegiance to help America in future times and to let our economy grow slowly after the War, I think we held our part of the bargain, as has the US, that debt was only paid back in 2000/01. If the Jap's hadn't bombed Pearl Harbour the US would never have come into the War. Although I can say most of the Brit's are greatful for the US help. There was a saying in the War about the American Forces over here, 'Over Sexed, over paid and over here'. Well that's enough of that rant. sorry to have hogged this thread.

Chrisy..I think you're wrong on the "overpaid" part of that. But I heard you could buy a lot for a pack of cigarettes. :lol: :lol:

I think the alliance of the U.S., GB, Aust., Canada?, and other freedom loving countries is important to stick together. It has been a constant repayment system. I might remind you that had it not been for the nasty French we might be serving the same queen as Chrisy. I believe more than anything we are all equally important in holding terror at bay and protecting freedom.

Remember freedom ain't free and it is an earned priveledge not a right.

Horti....agreed....hate to admit the French DID have a lot to do with American independence. Guess we need to remember that in every world war our forces were knowns as the "allied forces" whether Aussies, Brits, French, S Korean or rag tag farmers helping the cause.

TexasBred":3vbulia3 said:
Chrisy..I think you're wrong on the "overpaid" part of that. But I heard you could buy a lot for a pack of cigarettes. :lol: :lol:

I don't know it was before my time, I just remember being told the saying. My Dad worked on an American Air Field during the war, he built runways he was in essential work and carried a green card, he went to sign up but the number he held on his card prevented him, and you couldn't get out of this kind of work once registered or you would be put in jail if caught. He told me that there was everything you could imagine in the stores. Chocolate, Ladies nylons, real eggs, coal and tinned spam, every friday the lads were given a stash of things to go into town with, so naturally they were very popular in the times of rationing. My Dad was given his fair share of things to. My Mum used to like getting the nylons, she told me she kept them for best. During the week at work she would draw a seam up the back of her legs with an eyebrow pencil, so it looked like she had stockings on. My Mum worked in a factory where they made bullets and bombs.(Munitions factory) she couldn't go into the forces as she was deaf.

TexasBred":sb1su8ew said:
hmmmm.....I don't recall the US having anything whatsoever to do with keeping the Germans from invading and conquering Russia. Best I recall much of the German army froze to death. Many were killed in combat. They retreated in defeat...how the heck do you think the Russians beat us to Berlin.

Why does everyone forget that Hitler was in fact an Austrian, and that while he may have recruited many Germans for his army, just as many opposed him and his regime. Some were more outspoken than others. As the great grand-daughter of a man who spoke out against Hitler and his crazy ideas, and who was taken as a POW and sent away from his family as a result, I take great offence each time I hear people generalising 'the Germans'.

I am proud of my German G.Grandfather, and the beliefs he stood for, and he suffered many physical and mental injuries to maintain his stance and dignity. I am proud to be a German-Australian.

Killala":3lykz1lr said:
TexasBred":3lykz1lr said:

Why does everyone forget that Hitler was in fact an Austrian, and that while he may have recruited many Germans for his army, just as many opposed him and his regime. Some were more outspoken than others. As the great grand-daughter of a man who spoke out against Hitler and his crazy ideas, and who was taken as a POW and sent away from his family as a result, I take great offence each time I hear people generalising 'the Germans'.

I am proud of my German G.Grandfather, and the beliefs he stood for, and he suffered many physical and mental injuries to maintain his stance and dignity. I am proud to be a German-Australian.

I'm sure no one meant any offense to German-Australian Great Grandkids of people that were taken to POW camps for speaking out against Hitler and his crazy ideas.

Can't have a simple discussion in here with out someone reaching 3 generations back so they can get offended.

Walt

There's a lot of things that could have happened that would have changed history. I think the US has some very good allies and Australia is one and of coarse Britain and Canada.

And REALLY :shock: I can't think of anything else to feel sorry for the Australians for, just the lack of antlered critters. :cry2: