Doc Harris still around?

Help Support CattleToday:

Supa Dexta

Reaction score
I thought I remembered him saying he was 90+ and didnt know how much longer he'd be around? Can't find the post now, but see he hasn't posted in a while. Doc, you still out there?

Last post I read from him, I think he said he only had a few months left. Not sure why. Sad deal. 90 years may be a good life, but I don't know anyone who doesn't want 91.

Worrisome--his posts are always so informative--and to the point.

Brings up a question..Lots of members here are pretty isolated geographically, with few if any other members close by or known personally.

How many here, have a spouse or other family member that would know to post here to let us know if something had happened?
My wife would know to post on one of the auto related boards I've been on because she is a member there as well, but she probably wouldn't even think to find out where else to post the news--like here at CT.

There are a number of people that will post when I kick off. Don;t think my wife would.

Son of Butch":2mrrkec3 said:
greybeard":2mrrkec3 said:
Worrisome--his posts are always so informative--and to the point.
Yes I always enjoyed his posts, even when he was preaching to the choir, cause he had it right.
He was the authority, it seems, and always remained above the fray.

If I'm not mistaken, he said he had cancer, I seem to remember him mentioning an oncologist. I hate it for him and his family.

Someone ask if us here were friends. We are, and I feel like there is that gap of knowing what happens to someone when you have this kind of relationship. Welcome to the new world.

I hope DOC is good. He brought a lot to CT.

I admired his writing style. I read his posts to enjoy his semantics and writing skills.

I wish him well.

I just spoke with Mr. Harris (DOC). He asked me to convey to the board that he has been suffering from prostate cancer for a very lengthy time, spoke in good spirits, but said he has but a very short time left here on Earth (weeks) but he also said he is looking forward to a far better life in the eternity thru his faith in God. He speaks in person, exactly as he does on here--to the point.
I don't know what else to add to that, except to ask that each of you say a prayer for him and his wife.

greybeard":mxw2jkx0 said:
I just spoke with Mr. Harris (DOC). He asked me to convey to the board that he has been suffering from prostate cancer for a very lengthy time, spoke in good spirits, but said he has but a very short time left here on Earth (weeks) but he also said he is looking forward to a far better life in the eternity thru his faith in God. He speaks in person, exactly as he does on here--to the point.
I don't know what else to add to that, except to ask that each of you say a prayer for him and his wife.

That's not good news, but it's good to hear that his spirits aren't low at least. 2 years ago a good friend and rancher across the river lost his battle with prostate cancer.

greybeard":fpeeo5w6 said:

Sad. So many have been here before us. So many will be here after us. Regardless of what we think happens after our mortal existence, all life faces that reality.

Thanks for your effort Greybeard.

Latest posts