Do You Want Change??

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred

Reaction score
The buzzword of this election is 'CHANGE'. Candidates toss it around without saying what they want to change to.

Years ago, there was an old tale in the Marine Corps about a Lieutenant who inspected his Marines and told the 'Gunny' that they smelled bad.

The Lieutenant suggested that they change their underwear. The Gunny responded, "Aye,aye, sir, I'll see to it immediately."

The Gunny went into the tent and said, "The lieutenant thinks you guys smell bad, and wants you to change your underwear.

Smith, you change with Jones, McCarthy, you change with Witkowskie, Brown, you change with Schultz . Get to it."

The moral: A candidate may promise change in Washington but don't count on things smelling any better.
:banana:

Change. That's all I hear.

Few details about the changes, and the ones that I hear, I don't especially like.

We're going to have a change regardless of who wins, but I just don't think that we can afford Obama.

skyline":2gfypyas said:
Is it possible to hold your nose for four years?

Not going to get much done with one hand holding your nose and the other trying to hold on to your wallet. :mad:

I can't believe Hillary is kissin up to Obama. Is there anything she won't do for money ? Next maybe cigars.Tom :cboy:

Caustic Burno":3vccygo0 said:
The biggest two theats to the USA are Congress and Al Queda. I am still trying to figure which is the worse.

Lets just pray that Al Queda doesn't resurface as a lobbyist group, then we'll really be in trouble!

Caustic Burno":1mrtijjv said:
The real shame is this is the best two canidates we could come up with.
Amen...
I was amused at the recent exchange of $$$ (In the name of unity?) O-whats his name chipping in a donation to help defray the costs of H's campaign.... and H chipping in a donation of money (That she doesn't have and from the Millions $$$ that she is in debt) back to O-whats his name...
Is this a sign or what of what they are going to do with "OUR" "CHANGE$$$"

Just Curious":3nbungzh said:
Caustic Burno":3nbungzh said:
Amen...
I was amused at the recent exchange of $$$ (In the name of unity?) O-whats his name chipping in a donation to help defray the costs of H's campaign.... and H chipping in a donation of money (That she doesn't have and from the Millions $$$ that she is in debt) back to O-whats his name...
O, they will unite long enought to gang up and bully someone else for a while and cause some distraction so they can get a firmer grip on the backstabbing knife.

Just Curious":7tlsr0u2 said:
Caustic Burno":7tlsr0u2 said:
Amen...

This isn't locked yet, so I'll post.
The exchange of campaign contributions was like a Japanese tea ceremony. Very ritual behavior between people who don't really like each other. They see their future intertwined, and they are trying to make the best of it. But they REALLY don't like each other.
HRC could sink BHO with a nod and a wink to her supporters. But, if she is seen giving the wink, her future prospects are compromised.

The nominee still has a chance with me, but I wasted my first vote on McGovern. You know how that worked out. Idealism doesn't often get elected POTUS. For good reasons.
Change can mean anything, can it not? Clearly, some ultra-liberal elements have the notion that change will move in their direction. That won't win an election, IMO. I would like to see some change in the issues I'll label as "self control" issues.
Get a job, marry the father of your children, y'all know the list. If we could change in that direction, I'd be all in.
Election campaigns are the worst way to run a nation. Except for all the other ways.

Those folks spend and give away money like they earned it. :lol: :lol: Another good indicator of things to come...change, change, change....Why, why, why?? To what, to what, to what??

I may punt.

TexasBred":201ir62w said:
Those folks spend and give away money like they earned it. :lol: :lol: Another good indicator of things to come...change, change, change....Why, why, why?? To what, to what, to what??

I may punt.

We can't afford to, the government has two ways to raise money that is tax us or print money both leave us with less spendable income.
If there is one election we need to get out and vote it is this one.
I would stock up on ammo before Nov.

A quote from yours truly:

'My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it.'

- Barack Obama

Caustic Burno":3ulz8v8t said:
TexasBred":3ulz8v8t said:

I may punt.

We can't afford to, the government has two ways to raise money that is tax us or print money both leave us with less spendable income.
If there is one election we need to get out and vote it is this one.
I would stock up on ammo before Nov.

CB...agreed.....needless to say I gotta gun safe full already. Hope it's enough.

Better be enough to last a while...like 4 years.

It just baffles me how one was bashing the other and vice versa and now they are all ho hum. During the primary slick willie was saying how B Hussien O was useless and not fit to lead this country and now he's supporting him. That tells me it is all for personal gain. If he is not fit to lead this country then why would you support him other than for personal gain when it doesn't benefit the country? Confusing.

Horticattleman":qa27ceev said:
Better be enough to last a while...like 4 years.
It just baffles me how one was bashing the other and vice versa and now they are all ho hum. During the primary slick willie was saying how B Hussien O was useless and not fit to lead this country and now he's supporting him. If he is not fit to lead this country then why would you support him? Confusing.

Since this thread hasn't been locked, I'll bring this back up to the top one more time.... Because it doesn't compute in my mind either...
Chuck

Latest posts