Oh, you poor wittle babies. Want a tissue?

Help Support CattleToday:

I have always taken a different approach to work. I go in and do the best job I can do and basically make myself so valued that I can start negotiating terms. It has never done me wrong. People will ask me... how do you get away with that... I say... I just asked. 😄

What I saw with a lot of people, both young and old, is they wanted pay raises or to move up with out proving they were capable where they were at or of doing next level tasks. I gave them a taste of the goods... then when they asked how much... I could name my terms.

It's the same with suggestions/ complaints. If you are a so so worker you don't carry the same weight as a really good worker when you walk in.

Basically, I'm not going to cry about stuff from the outside. I'm going to work my way to the inside where you can create change.

Last edited:
It's funny. As I read this, I'm taking a little break from preparing to deliver my sermon for this week at the nursing home - "your attitude should be like that of Christ Jesus - in humility consider others better than yourselves.". We all need to find people to hate and belittle I guess...

She's been laid off. Color me surprised.....:rolleyes:

Comments below the article are 99% spot on. Oh well, now she has plenty of time for her personal life and 'resting up', assuming she doesn't spend too much time at the hairdresser or nail salon.

The fact that they had to come up with "adulting" to describe something we used to just do ( and wanted to!) says it all.
I watched a segment on the news that said skin care products are the most asked for gift by pre-teen girls. One father is spending a grand a month on his kid's skin care products. And we wonder what the world is coming to.

I know that I'm naïve, but this is like many other things in the "news"; an exaggeration of reality.
Oh I've seen it, just like I did when I was in school 40ish years ago. Maybe I live a sheltered life, but I'm genuinely impressed with many of the young people I meet.
Remember, our generations raised them.

I know that I'm naïve, but this is like many other things in the "news"; an exaggeration of reality.
Oh I've seen it, just like I did when I was in school 40ish years ago. Maybe I live a sheltered life, but I'm genuinely impressed with many of the young people I meet.
Remember, our generations raised them.
Just like all our questions and answers. Depends on location! Our country kids sure don't think/act like miss prissy on here.

Latest posts