Coyotes or Mountain Lion got 2 calves.... Mystery??

Help Support CattleToday:

dun":2drfuiho said:
MikeC":2drfuiho said:
Got this picture right outside my barn yesterday! He was watching some 2400-2600 lb bulls like he was hungry. What to do?

What I'm curious about is why if you had time to get the picture we're not seeing the carcass stretched out instead of a well posed photo.

dun

LOL He was resting and digesting. He'd already ate one. LOL

Thanks for the picture and post about the jaguarundi, milesvb. I had completely forgotten about them, though over the years I've read articles about them (and equally rare ocelots) in the Texas Parks & Wildlife magazine, and similar publications. My understanding is that in Texas their habitat is/was limited to the extreme south of the state, in very thick brush country. Very infrequently seen by humans.

dun":rt4i8d3k said:
MikeC":rt4i8d3k said:
Got this picture right outside my barn yesterday! He was watching some 2400-2600 lb bulls like he was hungry. What to do?

What I'm curious about is why if you had time to get the picture we're not seeing the carcass stretched out instead of a well posed photo.

dun

Dun, After all the hassle of calling neighbors, getting my gun, and forming a posse, when I got back he looked like this:

bc.jpg
[/img]

Now let's see, some of ya'll posted about mountain lions and panthers. No doubt the cats or mountain lions, not panthers exist in some of the western states. Then some started spouting Southern folklore about panthers and I called your hand. You got mad and I laughed. I made fun of you with Indian raids and grizzly bears. You couldn't prove or document your case so you insulted even more. I was amused. An example of finding rare things is that Osama bin Laden exsists. We have documented proof even though we can't find him. Jesus exsist even though we can't see him. The documented proof is the Bible, King James Version. It truly amazes me that out of 100's, possibly 1000's of catamount sightings the best proof you can come up with is that Billy Bob or Mary Joe saw one on the county road after two six-packs. Five space shuttles were built, two blew up and we can find parts the size of a nickel in the East Texas Piney Woods. We still can't find or document proof of one of these dang pesky panthers that have been plaguing us for 100's of years. If you want to be taken as credible, post something credible. After all of these panther claims it makes a person wonder, Do you have imaginary cattle? Bull? EPD's? Heck if you want to spin yarns lets go to the coffee shop I can spin with the best of you.

Have a Great Day

CB, I can't believe you are calling all these good people liars!
How in the heck do you know what they have seen after 2 six packs?

Not to rub it in but:
My uncle Mort saw a "Hyena" last winter and he don't even drink!
(Well, maybe just a snort every now and then)

And you can quit the insults to Billy Bob and Mary Joe. They are my best neighbors!

MikeC":2mq65eht said:
dun":2mq65eht said:
MikeC":2mq65eht said:

dun

Dun, After all the hassle of calling neighbors, getting my gun, and forming a posse, when I got back he looked like this:

bc.jpg
[/img]

:lol: :lol: :lol: I am rolling lost my dip on that panther what does it weigh 8 or 9 pounds.
Mike I like your sense of humor that is good. :help: :lol: :lol:

CB you just made my day!! It's a deal, just name the coffee shop. I'm leaving out for Canada on Sunday but will be back on the 24th so bout any time after that will be fine. Just send me a private e-mail to get this all set up. Would ask the person from Canada that just called me a bad name if he would like to meet up if he's in the area I'm going to but looks like he's a bit mad at me right now. Anybody around Vancouver that might like to show off your farm? I really enjoy seeing others operations.

CB,I think you must have a bit of a hard time reading as I did post a name and address as well as offered up a phone number of a conservation agent if you want to see video of a mountain lion roaming wild in Missouri. Your last post was so far off the mark it was not even funny. Folks said there were and you said there were not and you just thought for some insane reason everyone would belive you. Got that one wrong buddy.

MikeC, next thing your gonna tell me that dang emu I saw while brush-hogging was a mere figment of my imigination! Gotta admit I was thinking I may have had an exhaust leak on the tractor at the time but about a week later our local morning buy,sell, or trade radio show had someone looking for several emu's of theirs that had escaped.

J, or heck I'll play along. Just call me Old MacDonald! Hope to see you soon CB!!

Hey easy eieio, yes big cats are seen from time to time. Its just that they are very, rarely seen. There was one around here a few years ago. The biologist determined it was just passing through. He said they use a very large area and will stay put for about a week before moving on. A lady did get a picture that made the local paper. They are just few and far between.
CB is just being upfront with you. He always calls em, like he sees em. Those of us that have got to know him respect him. One thing about him is he will be the same next week as he is today. Hes just a straitup type of guy. And yes I'll agree he has forgotten more about cattle than most of us will ever learn. If you think he comes over as being harsh, just remember he won't lead you astray. He does know cattle.

Arnold Ziffle":12eqhtnk said:
Thanks for the picture and post about the jaguarundi, milesvb. I had completely forgotten about them, though over the years I've read articles about them (and equally rare ocelots) in the Texas Parks & Wildlife magazine, and similar publications. My understanding is that in Texas their habitat is/was limited to the extreme south of the state, in very thick brush country. Very infrequently seen by humans.

The sighting I mentioned took place in the hill country where there were hundreds of acres of dense shinoak thickets so I guess it could be possible but that's a looong way from the south Texas brush. Unless one of them got a case of wonderlust and followed the creek or river bottoms that far :roll: .

EIEIO":3iwkpikn said:
but I'll tell you one thing I know and that is NO true farmer or rancher talks the crap he does.
J

You know about cats. Do you know anything about the lotto? I'm looking for the $122 million winning numbers.

Just call me a smart ass.

Wewild, not a gamblin' man so I can't help you with the lottery stuff. Sorry I offended you by offending your buddy.

To make it up I PROMISE to never use your name and the word "smart" together at any time.

J

EIEIO":mrq9hybd said:
Wewild, not a gamblin' man so I can't help you with the lottery stuff. Sorry I offended you by offending your buddy.

To make it up I PROMISE to never use your name and the word "smart" together at any time.

J

There you go again with your prophecy. Sorry to make you mad. I thought since you knew so much about folks you aint never seen that there must be something special about you. I guess I was wrong. Or you could just put up the first 6 numbers that come to mind. Either way it would be about the same.

Don't make promises you can't keep.

Oh come on now Wewild don't get all riled up as I ain't mad at you (I promise!).

Gonna be signing off the computer now till about the 25th. of July but in the meantime why don't ya' try and get ahold of CB as he's offered to meet up with me at the coffee shop (have yet to hear back from him though) and he may not care if you tag along, I sure don't mind. Bet we could all spin some yarns, huh?

J

EIEIO":3gvzc9l0 said:
Oh come on now Wewild don't get all riled up as I ain't mad at you (I promise!).

Gonna be signing off the computer now till about the 25th. of July but in the meantime why don't ya' try and get ahold of CB as he's offered to meet up with me at the coffee shop (have yet to hear back from him though) and he may not care if you tag along, I sure don't mind. Bet we could all spin some yarns, huh?

J

Don't run off as I was just getting warmed up.

Ok then how bout' I just walk off then real slow. If you was even kinda funny I would hang around longer! However like your buddy CB likes to accuse folks of being drunk, on drugs, or having a low IQ I just gotta reply that what your saying just don't make much sense. You got an excuse? I don't!

J

EIEIO":ydj7986g said:
Ok then how bout' I just walk off then real slow. If you was even kinda funny I would hang around longer! However like your buddy CB likes to accuse folks of being drunk, on drugs, or having a low IQ I just gotta reply that what your saying just don't make much sense. You got an excuse? I don't!

J

I see you are still here. How long we got to play tonight.

Before you condemn ol' CB, you best get to know him. He's a wealth of information. I've learned a lot from reading his posts.This aint no reality TV show here,he calls it as he sees it,and for some, they just can't handle it.

cowboy13":22334zcg said:
Its not the info he gives or how good a person he is, its those smart ass remarks he makes

I can't tell sometimes if someone's being a smart ass or if they are just being truthful.

I guess it comes down to opinions and you know what they say about them.

cowboy13":2mq8fzcp said:
Its not the info he gives or how good a person he is, its those smart ass remarks he makes

No cowboy your mad cause I called your hand and made light of info as credible. Again no one has produced credible evidence
of the nonexsiting black cats.
If you put your dog in the fight he is gong to get bit.

Forgot to say have a great evening hope you learned a little.

PS lets put this one to bed we have all made our point.

Well, why can't we just all get along together? Hey CB, WeWild.. love ya guys!

Now I swear on my mother in law's life I once saw a big ol black panther take down one of those big ol pink elephants we got running wild around here. I swear on my mother in laws life.........hey God .....are you listening? I said I SWEAR on my MOTHER IN LAW's LIFE!
Actually truth be told, I was with the forest sevice crews that scoured the country side of most of texas back in 2003 looking for space shuttle parts.......they walked shoulder to shoulder for the most part, even in the thickest of brush..........and I have only heard of finding the usual wildlife including thousands and thousands of snakes (which of course we were forbidden to kill,( i got at least 8 myself) we could have cleaned up most of texas that year!) this if I remember correctly included such metropolitan locals as Corsicana.
I aint saying they arent there, but I would have suspected that some one would have seen something after all those months looking around out there. :cboy:

Latest posts