Another update: That last load of 1/ Corr 1/2 MFB bred to a black MFB cows from Mexico I got Tuesday

Help Support CattleToday:

This shows that there's still good people and good things can still happen when we stand together united against a common idiot. Or group of idiots.
I can't stand for any government employee or politician, or even a damned cop, to act like they are someone superior or special. I have no problem reminding them that they are MY employee, and they are SERVANTS to the taxpayers. They are ticks, and the taxpayers are the dogs, as far as I am concerned. I do NOT feel this way about people in the military, however. I was there under the trees, and got to thinking about how that DFACS dude was talking to us,, and how he was upsetting Ms, Mattie at HER house, and walked over to him to throw his ass out of a chair, He stood up by the time I got to him, sp I yanked it away and took it over to one of the church ladies standing up, and went back to get nursing home, owner's chair. But he picked it up and brought it over to another church lady that was standing. So I told him thank you, and said " About time y'all leeches acted with some manners and showed some respect to your elders that pay your salary." So, in a way, I guess I kinda didn't try to de-escalate the situation, but they were NOT gonna dis-respect her , or anyone else there, anymore. Especially some un-qualified damned Affirmative Action employee, that only had his government job because of a quota system.

Scott's brother is bringing 12 1/2/Brahma 1/2 Chianina heifers with month old Angus heifer calves down there. He AI's them with sexed Angus semen, to get these calves. He wants them bred back to his bull we have down there, a 3/8 Chi-angus, 3/8 black Simm 1./4 Brangus. he loaned us.
These are very nice looking 2 yar olds. Chianina takes leather and ears off a Brahma better than other Continentals or British cattle do, and those Angus calves are as big as CHi-Angus calves at that age. We had 2 of his bulls down there. The other was 3/8 black Simm, 3/8 Chi-angus, and 1/4 Brahma, and I think he was the better bull. He had more ear, and had the Brahma hooded eye, though. But, he took that one back with him, and left the one that is 1/4 Brangus. All day, I have been thinking about that bull @Jeanne - Simme Valley is using for a clean-up bull. I'd love to see what he'd do over those cows, assuming he is homozygous for both black and polled. I sent him the pics Jeanne posted, and if he likes him, I am gonna message you , @Jeanne - Simme Valley , about if there is a son for sale.

I can't stand for any government employee or politician, or even a damned cop, to act like they are someone superior or special. I have no problem reminding them that they are MY employee, and they are SERVANTS to the taxpayers. They are ticks, and the taxpayers are the dogs, as far as I am concerned. I do NOT feel this way about people in the military, however. I was there under the trees, and got to thinking about how that DFACS dude was talking to us,, and how he was upsetting Ms, Mattie at HER house, and walked over to him to throw his ass out of a chair, He stood up by the time I got to him, sp I yanked it away and took it over to one of the church ladies standing up, and went back to get nursing home, owner's chair. But he picked it up and brought it over to another church lady that was standing. So I told him thank you, and said " About time y'all leeches acted with some manners and showed some respect to your elders that pay your salary." So, in a way, I guess I kinda didn't try to de-escalate the situation, but they were NOT gonna dis-respect her , or anyone else there, anymore. Especially some un-qualified damned Affirmative Action employee, that only had his government job because of a quota system.
Why was a nursing home owner there with government employees? That whole deal stinks. If that poor woman didn't have a strong support group she would have been forced into a nursing home and one of them leaches owning her property.

Why was a nursing home owner there with government employees? That whole deal stinks. If that poor woman didn't have a strong support group she would have been forced into a nursing home and one of them leaches owning her property.
Exactly! He had NO business being there at all. But, she doesn't own the property...Scott does, so they wouldn't be able tp take that. As soon as she recovers fully from the hjp injury,. she will be back to taking care of herself, and everyone else she used to.

Half or more are black. We bred AI for about 40 days. Did not breed 4. So, he for sure will be breeding them and any repeats.
Probably would be castration all his sons because they will be late born.

MFB????

As far as the lease agreement, who keeps up the fences?

I kinda understand him balking at the tag and band costs. I bet it wasn't the money.

Most people have done this at one time or another with different things. It's just a little 'nudge' to say ""You aren't getting EVERYTHING you ask for in the proposal!"
I spent 6 figures last year, cash on a home but contingent on what an independent inspector said. One of the things he wrote was code had changed and the main bus required a 2nd ground rod. I insisted that get fixed by the seller before we closed. He wanted to knock $100 off and I refused and stuck to my guns on the ground rod and wire and signed off by the inspector... on a $40 ground rod and 6' of wire. Just my way of saying 'ya don't get everything you are asking for". Have done the same buying a little bunch of heifers. Seller had a set asking price for the bunch and I drove over the other side of Houston to get them. I found he had thrown a dink in among them I knew I could sell and still make a few bucks on but insisted on paying a less for her. We haggled a little on her and the seller didn't understand why it was so important or that I would hold up the purchase over 1 scrawny heifer. I'm sure he really did 'get it'. Just part of the process...

MFB is Mexican Fighting Bull cattle. They tend to be a little beefier than Corriente and most all are black. We got some Corrientes in January that were bred to a black MFB, and liked the look of the calves. Not hardly any variation in horn size and shapem, and their shape is perfect for roping. Sometimes Corrs' horn shape and size vary a lot. The last load I got were 1/2 MFB and 1/2 Corr. The man that bought our Corr herd last year, bought this herd I had been putting together this year a little while ago. He had asked about us grazing them, and I gave him a price that I thought would do what ended up happening: He moved them all to his place a couple weeks ago. I just kept the 14 that were 1/2 x 1/2., and will keep their calves. 8 heifers and 1 or 2 of the bull bull calves. We efft the bull calves intact last week, and might keep one or 2 as a bull. A couple of developements the last week or so ( Declining health of my partner and the un-expected death of my contact in Chiahuahua ) has got me thinking of not re-building the herd. The Kudzu place is 1st and foremost our private hunting preserve, ao I am leaning toward just enjoying that while we are still able.

We castrate at birth, so I would have to know ahead of time.
This bull does not have CE numbers.
That's ok about the CE numbers.. the man I am thinking about would breed a son of his to BR x Chianina cows for their 3rd or46th calve by the time he is old enough to breed. Dang, I wish that bull's owner collected!

Latest posts