Coyotes or Mountain Lion got 2 calves.... Mystery??

Help Support CattleToday:

I said east montgomery county, West fork of the San Jacinto River, off of FM 1314, between State Hwy 242 and Porter.

mom

CB you are priceless. Quanah Parker killen horses coming to get them. That is too good. Should we hide the women and children?
Dave

TxSimbrahShower":10fg0a3e said:
I said east montgomery county, West fork of the San Jacinto River, off of FM 1314, between State Hwy 242 and Porter.

mom

Yeah I could see that being Montgomery county has as many people as the state of Wy. probably a lot of cat sightings in the Houston suburbs.

bp.jpg

Got this picture right outside my barn yesterday! He was watching some 2400-2600 lb bulls like he was hungry. What to do?[/img]

Caustic Burno":kcwjeu8r said:
TxSimbrahShower":kcwjeu8r said:

mom

Yeah I could see that being Montgomery county has as many people as the state of Wy. probably a lot of cat sightings in the Houston suburbs.

You might want to learn how to read. I said 70's or early 80's. This part of Montgomery county has built up in the last 10 to 15 years. Still today alot of this area is old oil field.
I think that I would know about it, as I said it was killed about 5 miles from my house. My dad worked for TxDot and saw it in the back of the guys truck.

My parents raised me with manners. I don't argue with people that don't know what they are talking about. When you tell me that you are one of my neighbors and that you were here when the cat was killed, and actually saw it, then you can make your smart a** remarks. Otherwise, put a sock in it.

mom

TxSimbrahShower":3v7lrn3q said:
Caustic Burno":3v7lrn3q said:
TxSimbrahShower":3v7lrn3q said:

mom

You might want to learn how to read. I said 70's or early 80's. This part of Montgomery county has built up in the last 10 to 15 years. Still today alot of this area is old oil field.
I think that I would know about it, as I said it was killed about 5 miles from my house. My dad worked for TxDot and saw it in the back of the guys truck.

My parents raised me with manners. I don't argue with people that don't know what they are talking about. When you tell me that you are one of my neighbors and that you were here when the cat was killed, and actually saw it, then you can make your smart a** remarks. Otherwise, put a sock in it.

mom

LOL
Feel the love on this topic.
LOL
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MikeC":10h6nckr said:
bp.jpg

Got this picture right outside my barn yesterday! He was watching some 2400-2600 lb bulls like he was hungry. What to do?[/img]

Better get the bulls and the cows into the barn. Those cows are significantly smaller than the bulls, they probably only weigh 1200 to 1600 pounds. He may get them. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great pic Mike.

TxSimbrahShower":11hkh9iq said:
Caustic Burno":11hkh9iq said:
TxSimbrahShower":11hkh9iq said:

mom

mom

Yeah that was rough unsettled country in the late 60's and 70's
usally had a couple armed guards on the truck as we were building them 250,000 homes in the "woods". It was so bad in those days the Calvary wouldn't go north of Spring Texas, wouldn't dare to travel around Corsicana.Those were scary woods crawlin with Commanches,bear and panther.

cowboy13":3t9cblin said:
It was so bad in those days the Calvary wouldn't go north of Spring Texas, wouldn't dare to travel around Corsicana.Those were scary woods crawlin with Commanches,bear and panther.

Who said anything about commanches and bears. Last time I checked we were talking about moutain lions getting calves and about what and idiot you are.

Heck one lie is just as good as another.

mr. MikeC that sure is a pretty kittykat and i can almost here him purring but i sure dont want him rubbing my leg.

i bet mr. caustic is right about them panthers. hey mrs. txsimbrahshower do you really think that black panther in texas back in the 70's was really a wild one? or dont you reckon its almost for sure to be a south america jungle cat that some dang fool kept in a cage out in the country and that just got loose and started running around and then had to get shot? just like them other fools that keep lions and tigers and ever now and then one of them has to be shot after they get loose. but that dont mean lions and tigers are native to the usa does it. i sure reckon its the same thing with them black panthers.

A couple of the guys I hunted with a long time ago said they saw a black panther at our deerlease. They even confirmed what it looked like with a picture I found for them. They claimed they saw one of these.

jaguarundi.jpg

another link: http://www.nsrl.ttu.edu/tmot1/feliyago.htm

I guess it's theoretically possible. The fact that they routinely had beer for breakfast, lunch and supper probably puts a dent in their credibility though.

Great link Miles. I learned some things today that I didn't know about several species. Thanks for the link.

SF, since you decided to direct a post just to me I thought I'd do the same.

You asked how someone knows I farm or ranch just cause talking mountain lions don't make me one. How bout I say being a rancher who's had 2 calves taken as well as a deer killed on his property would that make me a rancher in your eyes. If not and your ever in Missouri I live between Houston and Cabool and way back off the main roads.

You said you did a search on mountain lions in Missouri so you should have seen at least 6 confirmed sightings caught either with a camera or ones that have been killed. One was even up near KC that was hit by a car. I forgot to give out earlier the phone number of the conservation agent with the address I gave for you doubting folks so if you want his number just ask and I'll give it so you can set up an appointment to view the footage. I will say that I don't think this state has been invaded with big cats.

I really like your comment saying, "what a rude thing to say", and "personal attacks don't make your point". You also went on to say how much CB add's to this board but he's "abrasive". Yea right, he's abrasive and I'm rude.

Lastly I really liked your statement, " I'm in Texas, know lot's of other folks that are too". Hell, I should hope if you live in Texas you know people there.

I don't know if a mountain lion, idoiot with a spotlight and rifle, bobcat, or freakin aliens got my calves. I just know something got them along with a deer on my place and posted about it.

I'm gonna end this with saying something about the Caustic Burno. I looked at a bunch of his posts tonight. There is a neat feature here that lets ya' look up everyone's posts. I did not find one dang thing other than smart a$$ crap comming off his keyboard.

Texas or wherever the secret location he resides may be different than the places I've farmed or ranched but I'll tell you one thing I know and that is NO true farmer or rancher talks the crap he does. Most every farmer/rancher I've ever met has always been there with a helping hand or advice for a neighbor, fellow rancher or even a complete stranger and I've also found that to be true on farming/ranching web sites. I've been so lucky to have had many mentor's in my life when it comes to ranching. CB is someone with a chip on his shoulder trying to compensate for something he don't have. Sorry but it's quite eveident that he's some kinda troll that's invaded this board.

Hopefully new ranchers won't be put off by this know it all who really gives no true advise but rather takes pride in putting folks down and has a couple of folks tricked into thinking he's really something he's not. I think there are a lot of folks out there who would be posting more but just don't feel like having their posts replied to by some idiot who seems to delight in putting folks down. No true rancher would have his attitude and if your a rancher YOU know what I mean.

The "dude" (CB) was a jerk when he replied to my first post on this board when all I tried to do was introduce my-self so I just blew him off like I see many of you do.

Burno, you can call me "J" and refrain from the "old Mcdonald" crap.

J

McDonald you have really hurt my feelings I am very sensitive.
If you get that upset over a couple of calfs might look for another line of work. Losing calfs to predators,illness,theft goes with the job. If you got em your going to loose em.

Have a great day

i wouldnt be so sure about the bobcat and deer thing. 150 is not that big and when somethings got you by the jugular vein, size may not matter.

EIEIAss-hole,
Caustic is a much better Cattleman then you are, or ever will be. I for one, have learned a whole lot from him, and i respect him because he is not a low-life jerk that knoks other people off their cloud, but a very, polite, rugged, ladies man (oh, ruby:D ). This man has more cattle knowledge in his baby toe than you do in your whole body. I not only find it very rude, but also very disrespectful.
As for your assumption of a fountain of knowledge, here is the one peice that you wanted.
http://cattletoday.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=47741&highlight=#47741

MikeC":20opwdsf said:
Got this picture right outside my barn yesterday! He was watching some 2400-2600 lb bulls like he was hungry. What to do?

What I'm curious about is why if you had time to get the picture we're not seeing the carcass stretched out instead of a well posed photo.

dun