Cows from star lake sale still not here

Help Support CattleToday:

Commercialfarmer":1xlptqcz said:
jedstivers":1xlptqcz said:
Has this thread been really jacked or what?

I think were doing shadyhallow a favor. Think of all the extra publicity this thread is getting. :D

Caustic Burno":1xlptqcz said:
I tell you one not to use unless you are at the point to go nuclear.
Was on the way back from Ms, the Mrs. had been eatin on me for about four hours in that truck cab and I thought I had enough.
I told her she was replacable as all I needed was a maid, cook and be nice and I could hire that done cheaper and with a lower Tums bill.
The cab of that truck became deathly quite and it was quite for weeks at home. Some nights slept with the right eye open others the left.
I did get her off my ass on that road trip so I am the winner right?

Good thing she stuck around, you might have found out that you were too far upside down on the first purchase when the payments came due to afford the maid, cook and the be nice. It's happened to more than one fella.

Wouldn't have hurt nears as bad when I didn't have a pot to piss in.
I would have to go to Huntsville now.

Why the delay in shipping the embryos?id be as tweaked about that as the cow not showing up

No clue. When I called about ten days after the sale genex said call back in a few weeks. Katie at genex said I was on the list to release so she can ship next week.

Why isn't anyone bad mouthing genex then? Just curious, seein as they didn't exactly step up and get things done in a timely manner either.

Its probably not Genex. It was probably Star Lake being late about releasing the embryos. Genex cant do anything until they have a release and as large as they are there are a limited amount of shipper tanks available at a given time to use.

Circle H Ranch

Commercialfarmer":1prci74t said:
greybeard":1prci74t said:
jedstivers":1prci74t said:
You'd be amazed at what a dose of reality will do for them sometimes. Another good thing to do that I didn't do soon enough in the marriage is to go into the closet and start pulling their clothes out. It really gets the point across that you are serious.

Has this thread been really jacked or what?
Or what?

Some of the comments through out the thread kinda reminds me of strippers. I don't care how much a man pays for em, or how explicitly they promise to take it all off, they just never do, and if ya rub or touch 'em ya get in all sorts of trouble when you go back to the house and the wife starts askin' what that strange smell is.

Part of that smell is baby powder. Some girls at work informed me of that one and they seemed pretty certain of it.

Baby powder??

In paint stripper??
:banana:

greybeard":122hlqow said:
Commercialfarmer":122hlqow said:
greybeard":122hlqow said:
Or what?

Some of the comments through out the thread kinda reminds me of strippers. I don't care how much a man pays for em, or how explicitly they promise to take it all off, they just never do, and if ya rub or touch 'em ya get in all sorts of trouble when you go back to the house and the wife starts askin' what that strange smell is.

Part of that smell is baby powder. Some girls at work informed me of that one and they seemed pretty certain of it.

Baby powder??

In paint stripper??

:lol: You win. For the record, I was never a fan of look but not touch. 8)

Shady,
Glad to hear that you got your embryo's released. Maybe your cortisol level can return to normal now. Nothing worse than the felling of your behind left hanging in the wind because of someone that isn't holding up their end of the bargain.

Until we bring back responsibility with real consequences for your actions, you sure have to cover every angle of every business deal and have it in iron clad writing with their cajones in a vice. Truly sad.

But I do believe eventually, ill gotten gain never pays off. How many people will think twice before using them after reading this? And how many will tell a friend, neighbor or relative when they bring up their name? I bet it will sure outweigh the few hundred they billed you for.

So it has reached a conclusion and I received my embryos yesterday. Hopefully everyone has received their purchases also. That was an experience and probably the last dispersal I deal with. Thanks for the help everyone.

Glad that you finally can write - 30 - to this episode in your 'learning' experiences. However, I would caution you not to hold "dispersion sales" hostage because of this unfortunate occurence. The problems that have transpired because of human frailties are of no consequence in relationship to the quality - or lack thereof - of the cattle involved. The transportation of purchased animals from a sale to their new homes are completely separate and apart from their genetic intrinsic value. The occurrences that transpired as a result of human weaknesses sometimes present another "opportunity" for improvement - you might even discover a chance at another business enterprise - establishing a "Cattle Shipping and Transportation" business with a higher level of moral responsibility than the company with which you had negatve experiences in the past!

Nothing is all bad!

DOC HARRIS

DOC HARRIS":3otzrg0t said:
Glad that you finally can write - 30 - to this episode in your 'learning' experiences. However, I would caution you not to hold "dispersion sales" hostage because of this unfortunate occurence. The problems that have transpired because of human frailties are of no consequence in relationship to the quality - or lack thereof - of the cattle involved. The transportation of purchased animals from a sale to their new homes are completely separate and apart from their genetic intrinsic value. The occurrences that transpired as a result of human weaknesses sometimes present another "opportunity" for improvement - you might even discover a chance at another business enterprise - establishing a "Cattle Shipping and Transportation" business with a higher level of moral responsibility than the company with which you had negatve experiences in the past!

Nothing is all bad!

DOC HARRIS

Very wise words indeed DOC! I always tell folks there is no such thing as a bad experience. You can learn and profit (in more ways than one) from all experiences. Whether you mark it up as "bad" or "good" is a choice, and all about attitude.

Just to be contrary I will say that Lathrop hauled a bull from VA to Missouri for us last spring and did it without any hiccups.

Not saying this wasn't a cluster but they are not totally incompetant!

Latest posts