Contact your Congressman

Help Support CattleToday:

cowboy43

Reaction score
If you have never contacted your congressman by e-mail,facebook,letter or phone ( NOW IS THE TIME SO) to contact him or her and let them know your opinion of bombing Syria , I have already done so, hopefully if they get a large response from the public they will listen. You have until 9/9/13 to do so but the sooner the better.

I have contacted my representatives and senators in the past and always got back a form letter type response that felt like getting patted on the head and saying, there, there, we know what's best. So now my strategy is vote for the person, not the party, and almost without exception vote against the incumbent. And make the flushing sound to myself when I do it!

cowboy43":3vfkxxm0 said:
If you have never contacted your congressman by e-mail,facebook,letter or phone ( NOW IS THE TIME SO) to contact him or her and let them know your opinion of bombing Syria , I have already done so, hopefully if they get a large response from the public they will listen. You have until 9/9/13 to do so but the sooner the better.

I did that a week or so ago when they started talking about it.
I think we should let them fight among themselves till they wipe each other out.
We need to quit playing bad boy and world policeman as I have stated many time's.
If you are going to bomb your enemy we should go in and kill everything from a Shanghai roster to a Durham cow complete scorched earth policy and come home. Then we won't deal with that bunch of idiot's again.

Agree 100% with CB that if we do go to war, we need to quit trying to fight these "humanitarian" wars with near impossible rules of engagement for our troops. And then spend billions to fix the place up afterwards. Stay out of it unless our interests are truly at risk. And if we do have to get involved, wipe out the enemy and leave. Period.

My emotions say "yes'. Do whatever is necessary to protect the innocent civilians and all those children.
But then I ask "how"?
What good will a non-ground force attack do? Destroy a few roads and buildings. Kill a few troops.
This will sure change things over there and make those killers stop and desist in their evil actions. :roll:
I'm really thinking that it will actually change nothing.
Maybe I'm wrong. If so I am open to intelligent correction.

emailed my congressman this morning. Then 10 minutes later John Kerry comes on CNN and says there's no alternative and they'll do it anyway. Stop the dictatorship. Let Syria fight their own civil before one starts here.

Its almost coming to the point we need to take America back, get rid of these lifetime politicians. Stop supporting the world when our country is barely surviving.

Let's see here.... Assad(Syria) is backed by Hezbollah, Palestinians and Iran (all Shiite) while the rebels are Sunni backed by splinter Al Qaeda groups and factions. Sunni and Shiite have slaughtered each other for centuries. Hezbollah is the primary antagonist of Israel, forms a border with Israel and Assad has used chemical weapons on his own people. Over the past five years conservatives have accused Obama of supporting Muslims against Israel; of not understanding and appreciating US vital interests embodied in Israel. The US has had a policy of containing WMD for decades; has vowed to respond to use of WMD for decades; in fact, recently invaded a country because that country was believed to have them and may actually use them.

Six months or so ago Obama spoke of his red line and the conservative politicos took him to task for not attacking or not heavily arming Syrian rebels despite the fact Al Qaeda representatives were found in the rebel leadership.

I think Obama made a political move of almost genius proportion and both Brits and US Conservatives pretty well played to Obama's strong suit on this whole thing. Conservatives have complained bitterly over the past five years that Obama has abandoned Israel and now when Israel is truly worked up about Syria on it's border the conservative crowd is saying we don't have a dog in this fight!! That can't be going over well with important constituents who have supported conservatives recently.

If Obama gets an affirmative vote to take action he gets credit for bringing conservatives into agreement and he gets credit for doing exactly what he promised during the campaigns which is seek congressional approval. He gets credit for supporting Israel and leading a reluctant nation to that support. If he gets a negative vote from congress I think he unilaterally will take action. It will not be a boots on the ground action. It won't draw us directly into war. It will be a "message" to the world. He will get credit from many sides and particularly from Israel. Now I'm really worried about next years congressional races and I think conceding 2016 may be a given.

Edit - and it will still leave the two sides fighting it out killing each other which, like CB says, may be best.

I didn't sign a stupidity covenant to be a conservative. Did I miss something?

CB should be our next Sec of State.
CM

Dega Moo":no1wtzbq said:
Let's see here.... Assad(Syria) is backed by Hezbollah, Palestinians and Iran (all Shiite) while the rebels are Sunni backed by splinter Al Qaeda groups and factions. Sunni and Shiite have slaughtered each other for centuries. Hezbollah is the primary antagonist of Israel, forms a border with Israel and Assad has used chemical weapons on his own people. Over the past five years conservatives have accused Obama of supporting Muslims against Israel; of not understanding and appreciating US vital interests embodied in Israel. The US has had a policy of containing WMD for decades; has vowed to respond to use of WMD for decades; in fact, recently invaded a country because that country was believed to have them and may actually use them.

Six months or so ago Obama spoke of his red line and the conservative politicos took him to task for not attacking or not heavily arming Syrian rebels despite the fact Al Qaeda representatives were found in the rebel leadership.

I think Obama made a political move of almost genius proportion and both Brits and US Conservatives pretty well played to Obama's strong suit on this whole thing. Conservatives have complained bitterly over the past five years that Obama has abandoned Israel and now when Israel is truly worked up about Syria on it's border the conservative crowd is saying we don't have a dog in this fight!! That can't be going over well with important constituents who have supported conservatives recently.

If Obama gets an affirmative vote to take action he gets credit for bringing conservatives into agreement and he gets credit for doing exactly what he promised during the campaigns which is seek congressional approval. He gets credit for supporting Israel and leading a reluctant nation to that support. If he gets a negative vote from congress I think he unilaterally will take action. It will not be a boots on the ground action. It won't draw us directly into war. It will be a "message" to the world. He will get credit from many sides and particularly from Israel. Now I'm really worried about next years congressional races and I think conceding 2016 may be a given.

Edit - and it will still leave the two sides fighting it out killing each other which, like CB says, may be best.

I didn't sign a stupidity covenant to be a conservative. Did I miss something?
Quite a bit actually, but it won't matter much anyway.

This is just spending more billion's of dollars that should be going back in the SS pot they stole it out of and paying off the debt.
We can't seem to learn you can't buy friendship and forcing our viewpoints hasn't worked so well.. I say we cut off all foreign aide and our troop's are only committed to defend us. Kick the UN out and let some other country pay for it.
Let the rest of the world fiend for itself. Wont take a week and we will know who are real friends in the world are.

CB, we don't even like ourselves most of the time, much less anyone else like us.

The whole thing has gotten kind of strange tho. First, 'we' were gonna have this "limited" strike. There sure is an awful lot of hardware moving into position for a little slap on the wrist strike tho.
Initially, 4 USN DDGs--Guided missile Destroyers. That's where the Tomahawks would come from. Then, a 5th DDG, The USS Stout joined the other 4. That's about 200 Tomahawks--depending what other munitions each ship has on board. Each tomahawk has a 1000 lb warhead. 200 X 1000=200,000 lbs of warhead. That's a lot of BOOM! for a limited strike.

Then, a couple of days ago, USS San Antonio, an amphibious landing platform dock ship moves into the Eastern Mediterranean and joins the 5 DDGs. (It would most likely become the command and control ship) Carries landing craft and helicopters, and usually about 800 Marines.

Yesterday, it was announced, that USS Kearsage LHD-3 was being pulled from it's duties in the Indian Ocean, is now in the Arabian Sea just a few hours out of entering the Red Sea. Kearsage carries 1900 combat Marines, and 22 Ospreys, 6 helos and 3 LCACs to land them and 6 AV8 Harriers to protect them.

But wait, we're not done yet. Announced today, that USS Nimitz and it's strike group was relieved on station off Afghanistan by the USS Truman strike group , and instead of steaming East around Asia to it's home port in the US, Nimitz, and it's whole strike group (4 destroyers, some frigates, and a cruiser would go west, across the Arabian Sea and they are expected to be in the Red Sea this time tomorrow night.
Something ain't right with this picture.

greybeard":1g800780 said:
CB, we don't even like ourselves most of the time, much less anyone else like us.

The whole thing has gotten kind of strange tho. First, 'we' were gonna have this "limited" strike. There sure is an awful lot of hardware moving into position for a little slap on the wrist strike tho.
Initially, 4 USN DDGs--Guided missile Destroyers. That's where the Tomahawks would come from. Then, a 5th DDG, The USS Stout joined the other 4. That's about 200 Tomahawks--depending what other munitions each ship has on board. Each tomahawk has a 1000 lb warhead. 200 X 1000=200,000 lbs of warhead. That's a lot of BOOM! for a limited strike.

Then, a couple of days ago, USS San Antonio, an amphibious landing platform dock ship moves into the Eastern Mediterranean and joins the 5 DDGs. (It would most likely become the command and control ship) Carries landing craft and helicopters, and usually about 800 Marines.

Yesterday, it was announced, that USS Kearsage LHD-3 was being pulled from it's duties in the Indian Ocean, is now in the Arabian Sea just a few hours out of entering the Red Sea. Kearsage carries 1900 combat Marines, and 22 Ospreys, 6 helos and 3 LCACs to land them and 6 AV8 Harriers to protect them.

But wait, we're not done yet. Announced today, that USS Nimitz and it's strike group was relieved on station off Afghanistan by the USS Truman strike group , and instead of steaming East around Asia to it's home port in the US, Nimitz, and it's whole strike group (4 destroyers, some frigates, and a cruiser would go west, across the Arabian Sea and they are expected to be in the Red Sea this time tomorrow night.
Something ain't right with this picture.

Just great more American's in harm's way to "help" a bunch of camel riders that hate our gut's.

Latest posts