Chinese Flu ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Looks like the flu is out of control in China. Their population density is hard for a country boy to comprehend. You can quarantine 20 or 30 people, but there may not enough Chinese warehouse hospices to park all the sick people. No stopping this if it gets into poor areas of Asia and Africa.

Don't think party line slogans and banners are going to get ur done. Are we reduced to hoping for hot weather to kill off the virus?

Facing reality the only real hope we have of avoiding it is by getting a vaccination before we get it. Over your way is heading for warm weather by the time it arrives and then the vaccine will be available. Here we are heading into winter, no real way of avoiding it really.

Vaccine has been made in a San Diego lab. The lab expects it to be ready for human testing by summer.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/california-lab-coronavirus-vaccine-3-hours

Have a friend of a friend who was a member of a group quarantined in China for Sars. He said they had to report their temp each day at roll call, and there was plenty of food delivered to them, but then some would sneak out at night to get beer...

I think that they will have to shoot alot of people in China to get this flu under control.

To me this is a very mild virus, it seems crazy they are so concerned about trying to contain, i thought they were hiding something. But listening to a guy today talking was very interesting. Their big concern is if the virus mutates or worse still combines with another virus, it could develop into something very very nasty. So while it is a simple strain of the virus the aim is to limit the spread until a vaccine is available and then knock it on the head.

Stocker Steve said:
Have a friend of a friend who was a member of a group quarantined in China for Sars. He said they had to report their temp each day at roll call, and there was plenty of food delivered to them, but then some would sneak out at night to get beer...

I think that they will have to shoot alot of people in China to get this flu under control.

A income op maybe without a war ?

Get Trump to make a call on how fine, and, economy friendly various foe stopping projectiles or ammo is, and how easy it will be to import for them :)

Redgully said:
To me this is a very mild virus, it seems crazy they are so concerned about trying to contain, i thought they were hiding something. But listening to a guy today talking was very interesting. Their big concern is if the virus mutates or worse still combines with another virus, it could develop into something very very nasty. So while it is a simple strain of the virus the aim is to limit the spread until a vaccine is available and then knock it on the head.

Your right that the most likely outcome is they slow down the spread and it will mutate. Mutation is one reason flu vaccines are not more effective. :(

I would not call it "very mild." Spreads extremely easily and kills one to two percent. That is alot of Chinese, but that is not the issue. This mess makes the one party one strong man system look bad. This is all about control. Heads will roll.

Well, I suppose that all the people that have claimed there are too many (other) people in the world are a bit relieved at seeing all this happen (to other people, somewhere else).

greybeard said:
Well, I suppose that all the people that have claimed there are too many (other) people in the world are a bit relieved at seeing all this happen (to other people, somewhere else).

Now, now. I am equal opportunity pandemic supporter. There are lots of people on this side of the pond that could definitely use a wake-up call. Let little Billy and Sally know that while a 2 degree rise in the temperature over next 100 year 'might' kill them, little Jimmy coughing blood over in the corner definitely will.

greybeard said:

All true, but,
older men have been reported as being the most vulnerable to this flu, which means it could take out the majority of current CT members... :shock:
Then there would be a huge cow liquidation by the beneficiaries, and Aaron might be the last CT man standing.

Stocker Steve said:
greybeard said:

All true, but,
older men have been reported as being the most vulnerable to this flu, which means it could take out the majority of current CT members... :shock:
Then there would be a huge cow liquidation by the beneficiaries, and Aaron might be the last CT man standing.

Anyone who is a true hermit should do ok. But if you're all about the family and hugs and kisses, your likely toast.

Stocker Steve said:
greybeard said:

All true, but,
Numbers (body count) all count I suppose, more so than age. Probably better the little tykes rather than the oldsters get killed off early tho, before they reach breeding/reproduction age.
Priorities...

greybeard said:

But to put it into context malaria, common influenza, tuberculosis, measles, cholera, aids, rabies, diarrhea, rotavirus, ebola, dengue fever, super bugs, whooping cough, etc etc are killing many many more people worldwide and for many who are dieing with the corona virus would most likely die with any of these other conditions. Flesh eating bugs are the ones that freak me out the most.

Stocker Steve said:
greybeard said:

All true, but,

Well, speak for yourself.....k ?

Redgully said:
greybeard said:

But to put it into context malaria, common influenza, tuberculosis, measles, cholera, aids, rabies, diarrhea, rotavirus, ebola, dengue fever, super bugs, whooping cough, etc etc are killing many many more people worldwide and for many who are dieing with the corona virus would most likely die with any of these other conditions. Flesh eating bugs are the ones that freak me out the most.

I duuna have any of that other junk either, so leave me outta of it.

Ya know, you cant type on this forum if the only jackpot you win is the one that brings the reaper.....stats mean shite to those with the prob......really......

It would be like boarding a china airways flight with stats on viruses and crash statistics, yeah, that would make things all good again.....lol....I am unlikely to have a problem.....carry on....

Latest posts