Lost a Neighbor to the Flu

Help Support CattleToday:

Allenw

Reaction score
I found out yesterday morning I had lost a neighbor to the flu. Older lady seemingly in good health, her children are my age. Ambulance was called and took her to the hospital Saturday and she was mediflighted to Oklahoma City.

Take care of yourself, this flu is serious.

Young kid here in town, in his 20's. Called in sick to work and they were checking in on him via text and he quit answering after couple days.

Sad deal, if someone thinks they got the flu they really need to get to the hospital to get checked out and someone to watch over them. Terrible in this day in age we loose young healthy people to such a thing.

I' sorry to hear of the losses of life. :(

As I've stated in other threads, this flu is a bad one! Husband and I are almost finished with the coughing part of it, we're almost 100%. I can see how this could adversely affect the young, old, infirm and those with compromised immune systems. We are healthy, "middle-aged" and in reasonably good shape, and let me tell you, it was VERY difficult!

Be careful out there.

In this area it's so common that a large hospital in springfield opened a spare floor and turned it into nothing but flu. They are considering doing another floor now. The floor I was in was ICU and held over 200 people. That's with 1 person per room don;t know if the 7th floor is like that or multiple people per room

WalnutCrest":3j16hcpr said:
backhoeboogie":3j16hcpr said:
More than one strain of it too. Its bad. The shot doesn't work really at all.

Fixed for accuracy.
My brother & nephew both had shots & both came down with a horrendous case. Dr prescribed Tamiflu for everyone in the family & sis in law started feeling pretty bad yesterday. Could be a reaction from the Tamiflu but I suspect nothing really works on this current epidemic.

TCRanch":7446yrp8 said:
WalnutCrest":7446yrp8 said:
backhoeboogie":7446yrp8 said:
More than one strain of it too. Its bad. The shot doesn't work really at all.

Fixed for accuracy.
My brother & nephew both had shots & both came down with a horrendous case. Dr prescribed Tamiflu for everyone in the family & sis in law started feeling pretty bad yesterday. Could be a reaction from the Tamiflu but I suspect nothing really works on this current epidemic.

Hey TC, is that your outfit in the new Angus journal? Was just flipping through it at dinner and saw a TCRanch ad.
(Sorry for the thread hijack. "Squirrel!")

M-5":139qfd6m said:
I'm beginning to think that it has been orchestrated by the CDC and big pharma
do you mean because of all the pharma stock the (just-departed) CDC head had purchased since taking the gig? Makes ya wonder...

boondocks":2uc3pih4 said:
M-5":2uc3pih4 said:
I'm beginning to think that it has been orchestrated by the CDC and big pharma
do you mean because of all the pharma stock the (just-departed) CDC head had purchased since taking the gig? Makes ya wonder...
All conspiracies are on the table after last week's deep state revelation

boondocks":30urw5vc said:
TCRanch":30urw5vc said:
WalnutCrest":30urw5vc said:
Fixed for accuracy.

Hey TC, is that your outfit in the new Angus journal? Was just flipping through it at dinner and saw a TCRanch ad.
(Sorry for the thread hijack. "Squirrel!")
I saw that as well. And no, not me (Triple Creek Ranch).

Jeanne - Simme Valley":36ev7845 said:
I'm 2 1/2 weeks with it. Feeling decent now, just bad gaggy caugh.

I'm at the doctors now for cold flu symptoms. I can't be down for 2 weeks, I've got places to go and people to annoy.

True Grit Farms":1ldajwdr said:
Jeanne - Simme Valley":1ldajwdr said:
I'm 2 1/2 weeks with it. Feeling decent now, just bad gaggy caugh.

I'm at the doctors now for cold flu symptoms. I can't be down for 2 weeks, I've got places to go and people to annoy.

Oh no. I hope it turns out to be a simple cold.