Lost a Neighbor to the Flu

Help Support CattleToday:

Grit - I was actually DOWN for maybe 5 days, but 2 weeks of misery. Only went outdoors to drive tractor to feed bales during the 5 days. Luckily nephew didn't get sick until after the absolutely worse days for me. What a pair we made!! luckily it was mostly "in between calves".

Jeanne - Simme Valley":36205wf9 said:
Grit - I was actually DOWN for maybe 5 days, but 2 weeks of misery. Only went outdoors to drive tractor to feed bales during the 5 days. Luckily nephew didn't get sick until after the absolutely worse days for me. What a pair we made!! luckily it was mostly "in between calves".

I'm glad that you're feeling better, and on the up-side of it now.

I've been in waiting room at hospital since 6 am . Wife had a hernia repair and has been in recovery over 4 hrs. No issues and doing good but no rooms are available. Dr wants her to stay overnight just for observation. I'm sure we both will be sick after being here for 24 hrs.

M-5":1h67aaq7 said:
I've been in waiting room at hospital since 6 am . Wife had a hernia repair and has been in recovery over 4 hrs. No issues and doing good but no rooms are available. Dr wants her to stay overnight just for observation. I'm sure we both will be sick after being here for 24 hrs.

That is a major concern in Kentucky hospitals. Many have limited visitation.

M-5":1fby5cf3 said:
Dang it man you need to quit working her so hard. Give her our best.

True Grit Farms":3urngr6j said:
M-5":3urngr6j said:

Yes Dr told me she could lift anything for a while I told him the feed buckets only weighed 28# a piece and she only had to put out 6 a day .

If you have her carry 2 at a time she would be done in half the time.

(wife was standing over me as I typed that and said "Shut your trap old man..I should whip your wrinkled ol ass for that woman"..)

M-5":d299ivv2 said:
True Grit Farms":d299ivv2 said:
M-5":d299ivv2 said:

Yes Dr told me she could lift anything for a while I told him the feed buckets only weighed 28# a piece and she only had to put out 6 a day .

That poor woman. We don't realize what we do until we can't do it. I feel for her.

Latest posts