Chinese Admiral

Help Support CattleToday:

I would rather be selling beef to China instead of Going to war with them. They have a lot of people to feed and we have a lot of resources to make it happen. They have the money, we have the beef.

*************":1gogpylm said:
I would rather be selling beef to China instead of Going to war with them. They have a lot of people to feed and we have a lot of resources to make it happen. They have the money, we have the beef.
Selling beef is good, selling our country out is a bad deal. Stuff would get fixed and we'd be looking good if the idiots would just get on the train.

True Grit Farms":2hc0ecpq said:
*************":2hc0ecpq said:
Selling beef is good, selling our country out is a bad deal. Stuff would get fixed and we'd be looking good if the idiots would just get on the train.

If we did zero business with China, I would be scared to see what prices of products most U.S. consumers would look like. Take Walmart, Tractor Supply, or Rural King, and replace everything in there with products like Sioux, Channel Lock, etc. and watch people's faces when sticker shock sets in. I'm no fan of Chinese policies, but we as a country are blowing off both of our feet If we don't sell to them. Soybeans are a clear example.

*************":2jo2c9du said:
True Grit Farms":2jo2c9du said:
*************":2jo2c9du said:

If we did zero business with China, I would be scared to see what prices of products most U.S. consumers would look like. Take Walmart, Tractor Supply, or Rural King, and replace everything in there with products like Sioux, Channel Lock, etc. and watch people's faces when sticker shock sets in. I'm no fan of Chinese policies, but we as a country are blowing off both of our feet If we don't sell to them. Soybeans are a clear example.

Maybe so but I'd rather blow my feet off than bend over and lose the US of A. China has been wearing US out, we're just trying to level the playing field a little. Don't forget China is a communist country.

Only time will tell, but if U.S. beans and cattle don't sell, and worldwide buyers get what they need from other countries, it will be a case of pride cometh before the fall. and U.S. farmers will not fare well.

I still think we can compete with anyone on an even basis. And if we use our powers of trade like we should, we'd be looking really good. Trade isn't supposed to be fair when you have the goods (money to spend) force the deal. We've tried to be the nice guy and buy friends, in real life that doesn't work.

Latest posts