Charolais angus x cross bull for breeding

Help Support CattleToday:

There's a huge difference between a composite bull and a mongrel bull, cbcr. The Char x Angus bull's dam side concerns me as we have no idea what is her breed makeup.

That is a statement that i will agree with. There is a difference in an animal with known parentage versus the unknown.

Muddy":3cv9tw7c said:
Its not end of the world and I don't think it will hurt your paycheck that much. Sure they won't be uniformed but at least you'll have some good calves to sell. What kind of cows you and your owner have?

We have a very nice set of angus x 5-7 year old cows and a set of angus Maine Anjou x Heiferettes that are decent, but just not real uniform.

This is a Charolais cross bull that we used for a year when we got back in the cow business. He had a Charolais sire and a red cow momma that had a beefmaster sire. He grew into this before we sold him. We didn't have very many calves out of him....3 to be exact he was only on 4 cows....but the ones we did have grew really well and were actually pretty uniformed. All 3 weighed over 600 pounds straight off the momma.

This bull your getting having that Charolais in him he should be fine and he should produce some good calves. It will still in my opinion be better to get a full blood but you got to do what the boss says....I know that feeling lol. In my opinion you should be fine.....having that Angus in him should bring the birthweights down a little bit as well. I think everyone would like to see a picture of him when you get him.

Latest posts