Cross Bred Bull For Heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

Charbrangus

Reaction score
I have a field full of good heifers out of the best bull I have ever owned. He is 1/2 Charolais and 1/2 Brangus. All my cows are either Brangus or Angus with a few black baldies. Majority of my calves come black, a few grey. I am keeping all my heifers and would like to find a good bull to put over them. I am thinking about SimAngus. I am not opposed to a cross bred bull for these heifers first calve. Anybody know any good Sim Angus or Simmental that would work on heifers? Looking around South Georgia or North Florida.

Gibbs Farms in Ranburne, Al (on the georgia/alabama line) has their annual sale on November 11 this year. Selling 185 simmental and simangus bulls. They will have many calving ease bulls to choose from.

They will have the bulls penned all day on Friday for viewing as well as pasture tours to see cows and sires. Meal and educational presentation on Friday night. Sale on Saturday will be a video sale - no animals through the ring. Also will sell 150 bred heifers and 50 open heifers.

I have a field full of good heifers out of the best bull I have ever owned. He is 1/2 Charolais and 1/2 Brangus. All my cows are either Brangus or Angus with a few black baldies. Majority of my calves come black, a few grey. I am keeping all my heifers and would like to find a good bull to put over them. I am thinking about SimAngus. I am not opposed to a cross bred bull for these heifers first calve. Anybody know any good Sim Angus or Simmental that would work on heifers? Looking around South Georgia or North Florida.
Where are you located? Need to go back in to your profile and put in your location. You already have a lot of Angus in the various crosses you have used to get these heifers. You will get more heteratosis with a black Simm. I am familiar with the Gibbs ranch that @simme recommended. If I was looking for a Simm or SimmAng bull and @simme didn't have one for sale, this is where I would go, too. Get a registered, homo for black and polled Simm bull, and you will get some decent heifers out of those heifers, as well.

Personnally I wouldn't use a crossbred bull on heifers just due to the fact you increase your chances of having a lot of calving problems. I would use a calving ease angus for their first calves, then come back with one of your original choices.

Personnally I wouldn't use a crossbred bull on heifers just due to the fact you increase your chances of having a lot of calving problems. I would use a calving ease angus for their first calves, then come back with one of your original choices.
That is what I am thinking. Either an angus or simangus.

I spent the last 2 weeks in Perry FL working hurricane relief. Did the hurricane hit you bad?
I was without power for 7 days. Lots of limbs down. We managed with a generator. Thanks for coming down an working. Perry got hit hard as did Madison. I was at the prison in Madison and Cross City but havent made it to Taylor (Perry) yet. If you are still in Perry and they are open be sure and go to Johnsons Bakery. Thier donuts are off the chart!

Where are you located? Need to go back in to your profile and put in your location. You already have a lot of Angus in the various crosses you have used to get these heifers. You will get more heteratosis with a black Simm. I am familiar with the Gibbs ranch that @simme recommended. If I was looking for a Simm or SimmAng bull and @simme didn't have one for sale, this is where I would go, too. Get a registered, homo for black and polled Simm bull, and you will get some decent heifers out of those heifers, as well.
I put my location on. Hope I got it right.

I was without power for 7 days. Lots of limbs down. We managed with a generator. Thanks for coming down an working. Perry got hit hard as did Madison. I was at the prison in Madison and Cross City but havent made it to Taylor (Perry) yet. If you are still in Perry and they are open be sure and go to Johnsons Bakery. Thier donuts are off the chart!
I got really sick last Wednesday and was in the hospital for 4 days. Home now. I did have a nurse that her mom operated Deel Seafood.

Update my profile so that my location is there.
Thank you... I have the CRS syndrome... Can't Remember Sht🤣
I got really sick last Wednesday and was in the hospital for 4 days. Home now. I did have a nurse that her mom operated Deel Seafood.
How are you feeling and what was it that got you so sick??? I came down with the chills/fever bug and sweated that out but have the runny nose, scratchy throat typical cold crap now...

@kenny thomas ... at home put 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar, 2 tbsp raw honey... in a drinking glass... fill with water (8-12 oz) and sip on it, get it down as soon as possible but without guzzling it....and it will do wonders for the stomach... settle it and get the good gut bacteria working again... ACV acts like a sterilizer/killer for bad bacteria and yet feeds the good stuff... the honey makes it more palatable... or take some ACV capsules.... I take the capsules... 1 or 2 a day.... I think it is making this cold go away quicker... only 12 hours of the hot/cold chills and sweats instead of 24-48 hours this time...
It can't hurt you......

Latest posts