'23 Replacement Heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Dang, it was hard to narrow down because there were 4 other heifers I really wanted to keep, but these 6 made the cut this year. Well, contingent on their pelvic measurements in February.

Loaded & hauled all the other calves yesterday. Sweet relief! And now my life will be somewhat easier for a couple of months.;)

Beth Dutton is Bebe's 12th calf and a little Diva, sired by Willy.
IMG_20231205_133908651.jpg

Izzy is Pipsqueak's (Squeaker's) 11th calf and only the 2nd heifer she's ever produced. Squeaker was my first preemie/subsequent orphan. Sired by Woody.
IMG_20231103_152044912.jpg

Morning Glory is Glory B's 8th calf and sired by Willy.
IMG_20231204_094503637.jpg

Sparrow is Spring's 6th calf, sired by Woody
IMG_20231204_094152043.jpg

Peck is Piper's 2nd calf, sired by Woody (and I kept her 1st calf, Pepper, last year).
IMG_20231204_094328204.jpg

Bevo is from Bart, a first calf heifer, and sired by Tallywacker.
IMG_20231205_133845281.jpg

IMG_20231205_132918803.jpg

Dang, it was hard to narrow down because there were 4 other heifers I really wanted to keep, but these 6 made the cut this year. Well, contingent on their pelvic measurements in February.

Loaded & hauled all the other calves yesterday. Sweet relief! And now my life will be somewhat easier for a couple of months.;)

Beth Dutton is Bebe's 12th calf and a little Diva, sired by Willy.
View attachment 37899

Izzy is Pipsqueak's (Squeaker's) 11th calf and only the 2nd heifer she's ever produced. Squeaker was my first preemie/subsequent orphan. Sired by Woody.
View attachment 37900

Morning Glory is Glory B's 8th calf and sired by Willy.
View attachment 37901

Sparrow is Spring's 6th calf, sired by Woody
View attachment 37902

Peck is Piper's 2nd calf, sired by Woody (and I kept her 1st calf, Pepper, last year).
View attachment 37903

Bevo is from Bart, a first calf heifer, and sired by Tallywacker.
View attachment 37904

View attachment 37905
As nice a set of Angus heifers as I have seen. I can't help but notice your working facilities, too. Both shows y'all really know what you are doing. You didn't have a bull calf like them that you could send to @MurraysMutts do you? :)

As nice a set of Angus heifers as I have seen. I can't help but notice your working facilities, too. Both shows y'all really know what you are doing. You didn't have a bull calf like them that you could send to @MurraysMutts do you? :)
Thank you! That's actually a portable corral and chute, except that it's essentially a permanent structure in the west 80. On the rare occasion it's moved and I need to catch &/or work a calf, I'll get it in the livestock shelter, pen it with the gates and secure with a halter tied to a brace.

@MurraysMutts if you want to wait another year, I'll keep a bull calf intact for you!

Good looking baby girls! Glad to hear you could hang on to them despite the drought.

All our calves are destined for the sale barn.... not enough hay to feed them through the winter and can't/won't pay $100+ per bale for outside hay.

Good looking baby girls! Glad to hear you could hang on to them despite the drought.

All our calves are destined for the sale barn.... not enough hay to feed them through the winter and can't/won't pay $100+ per bale for outside hay.
Thank you! I culled hard the last 2 years because of the drought but it still isn't one out, one in.

I would like to see more depth in first and third heifers but they are all pretty nice.

Latest posts