BULL PRICE

Help Support CattleToday:

I figured Dun wasn't the first to make that typo...

and found this through a Google search!
index.php

George

chippie":1g7fwqw2 said:
I was referring to your previous Wikipedia sources in other threads.

Lurker couldn't even comprehend the financial concepts in wikipedia's lamens terms. What makes you think he would have been able to grasp the understanding from a technical source such as bloomberg or barrons? If you would like some more technical sources related to the time value of money or the present value of cash flows, I'd be more than happy to help.

Herefords.US":1a3ni7s3 said:

index.php

George
Yup, that would be the black ones, the others are Red Angus

regolith":391rdizy said:
SRbeef: I've heard tell of disaster stories with graziers mixing two or more groups of dairy heifers. Even though they're all in the one area they tend to keep to their own groups and the owners can find one group in-calf in the first three weeks... the other group start calving three weeks later...

Thanks for the help but where were you when I decided to do this as a good neighbor last summer????! My bull especially seems to fall in love and stay with a cow (and therefore group) for a few days at a time.

Thank you. Apparently this is what has happened. My calving interval looks like it is going to be a lot more than 21 days this year!

Jim

MF135":1gyrss4w said:
chippie":1gyrss4w said:

Lurker couldn't even comprehend the financial concepts in wikipedia's lamens terms. What makes you think he would have been able to grasp the understanding from a technical source such as bloomberg or barrons? If you would like some more technical sources related to the time value of money or the present value of cash flows, I'd be more than happy to help.

banghead.gif

Read what I wrote.

chippie wrote:
Also, using Wikipedia as a reference is not always a valid source. The reason is that anybody can revise or add to the subject. It isn't a trusted source. Our daughter's high school teachers will not allow the students to use Wikipedia as a reference for research papers.

I did not say anything about any other poster. Your mind is like taffy. You get something stuck in it and can not think of anything else.

A few years ago someone used to use a "smilie" image of the little yellow head eating popcorn...... can anyone get that for me before this is another lock down? 8)

Alan

MF135":hutjrz2t said:
chippie":hutjrz2t said:

MF....Lurker had you tied in knots and you didn't have enough common sense to see you were losing the argument. You were trying to tell him how to play his game....Quoting statistics on how big Texas is doesn't make you an expert at anything or even make you a Texan for that matter and that's all you could come up with...... The man knows his business and makes it work. Maybe you need to go work for him for a few years... you might even learn a little bit from him just by "association".

And when you type Bloomberg and Barron's...please capitalize....those are proper nouns. OH...and learn to spell while you're at it.

Now cut and paste me something good about the "time value of money"...I worked in the field for quite some time.

dun":1udw4wez said:
Herefords.US":1udw4wez said:

index.php

George
Yup, that would be the black ones, the others are Red Angus

From reading the thread it came from, the sign apparently was down in Frankie's neck of the woods. It's not your sign is it, Frankie? :devil2: :tiphat:

I have a hard time believing it's been that way for several years though!

Here's the link to the thread:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php?topic=298530.0

George

Herefords.US":1lrv5r5e said:

index.php

George

Wouldn't be surprised if that sign has not been worked on by a neighbor, maybe a teenager. ;-)

Alan":2vcolixt said:
A few years ago someone used to use a "smilie" image of the little yellow head eating popcorn...... can anyone get that for me before this is another lock down? 8)

Alan

popc1lp4.gif

wink.gif

chippie":3emqamq5 said:
Alan":3emqamq5 said:

Alan

popc1lp4.gif

wink.gif

Thanks Chippie, it's perfect for these types of post!

popc1lp4.gif

TexasBred":3ko75ntn said:
MF....Lurker had you tied in knots and you didn't have enough common sense to see you were losing the argument. You were trying to tell him how to play his game....Quoting statistics on how big Texas is doesn't make you an expert at anything or even make you a Texan for that matter and that's all you could come up with...... The man knows his business and makes it work. Maybe you need to go work for him for a few years... you might even learn a little bit from him just by "association".

And when you type Bloomberg and Barron's...please capitalize....those are proper nouns. OH...and learn to spell while you're at it.

Now cut and paste me something good about the "time value of money"...I worked in the field for quite some time.

I never said anything about the size of Texas. Once again, we have people misquoting. What I did say, was that Texas is not only number 1 in terms of cattle population, but also number 1 in pounds of beef produced.

Before you correct me, you might want to examine your own writing. Adults that are still starting sentences with conjuncts, putting quotation marks inside periods, and misusing the ellipsis have no business correcting anyone.

If you don't understand how a discount rate would be applicable to 'days on feed', it's no wonder you said "worked", in the past tense.

Sometimes we need to just agree to disagree on these boards and let it go. Grinding axes down past the handle doesn't do a lot of good. That was all in another thread and it is all locked up tight now. Lets all try to leave it over there.

I used our OCC Legend 916S bull in one pasture with 53 cows last summer in a 60 day breeding season. 3 ended up open. He was a 3 year old last summer.

We sell our yearling bulls for $1500 and knock off $100 if the buyer takes more than 1. My opinion which is somewhat predjudiced is that they make fine commercial or registered herdbulls. Calving ease and fleshing ability and out of fine uddered cows. Not trying to get rich, want the commercial guy to have something that will work and make him money.

I've seen some rule of thumb about a bull being worth whatever X number of calves are worth. Surely someone knows what the X is!

MF135":20pbc0rg said:
TexasBred":20pbc0rg said:

I never said anything about the size of Texas. Once again, we have people misquoting. What I did say, was that Texas is not only number 1 in terms of cattle population, but also number 1 in pounds of beef produced.

Before you correct me, you might want to examine your own writing. Adults that are still starting sentences with conjuncts, putting quotation marks inside periods, and misusing the ellipsis have no business correcting anyone.

If you don't understand how a discount rate would be applicable to 'days on feed', it's no wonder you said "worked", in the past tense.

Mercy... we must have a Tarleton State english teacher on board... or perhaps just a student from Pottsboro.

Latest posts