bull - foot problem

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I have a brahama bull thats 3 years old. He has a cracked front hoof/claw. I is not affecting his walking yet. Does anyone have any usefull information that could help me fix this, or is it even possible to fix? Thanks in advance for any help Thanks will

[email protected]

> I have a brahama bull thats 3
> years old. He has a cracked front
> hoof/claw. I is not affecting his
> walking yet. Does anyone have any
> usefull information that could
> help me fix this, or is it even
> possible to fix? Thanks in advance
> for any help Thanks will Will, I had that happen to a cow I had bred to a local bull. They put her in a pasture that had boggy ground.But unlike normal boggy ground that has a lot of water this was very clay like.Her toes were very long. To make a long story short I brought her home and put hoof dressing on her like a horse, but it didn't help so I left it alone and bred her to a different bull this year.They had rocky ground and it trimmed her hoofs real nice but the cracks are still there. They dont bother her at all. I have wondered if it is the type of hoof she has they seem to be thicker than normal cattle feet.How about your bull?? Cindy

[email protected]

My bull seems to have an average size hoof, My mother says that it is causeing him a slight limp. Does anyone have any ideas? thanks for the replys

I had a bull that split his hoof, and limped around. I took him to the vet and he looked at him and said to just keep him on dry ground to keep mud from packing in the split hoof. I keep him in my hay field and in about a month he was healed up and hasn't limped since. It will heal up, but with mud drying in the crack, it will take a lot longer. My bull's hoof grew back together.

Latest posts