Sizing up the bull

Help Support CattleToday:

You are doing a great job trying to improve ...and you have made some GREAT improvements.
I do agree...do not use hotshot. You just told him the chute entry HURTS.
Each to their own….. a hot shot used at the proper time lets cattle know you aren't asking them to do something, you are telling them to do it. You can overdo………

There is a thing like that here called Puckboard (not pegboard) it's arena or hockeyboard. 4x8 sheets and is also used in animal housing etc. Not sure if you guys would have that where you are. It's 'technical' explanation is:

"Puckboard is also known as "HDPE" or "High Density Poly Ethylene"

There is a thing like that here called Puckboard (not pegboard) it's arena or hockeyboard. 4x8 sheets and is also used in animal housing etc. Not sure if you guys would have that where you are. It's 'technical' explanation is:

"Puckboard is also known as "HDPE" or "High Density Poly Ethylene"
Wow, that puck board is too high for me. Like I was quoted for a 4ft x 8ft sheet 1/4" thick at a price of $250 each.

Wow, that puck board is too high for me. Like I was quoted for a 4ft x 8ft sheet 1/4" thick at a price of $250 each.
I would just use some CDX plywood. When it delaminates just replace it. Should last a long time. I lined my budbox with some OSB and plywood I had lying around, been up there for around seven years so far and still looks in good shape.

I would just use some CDX plywood. When it delaminates just replace it. Should last a long time. I lined my budbox with some OSB and plywood I had lying around, been up there for around seven years so far and still looks in good shape.
I can buy 3/8" treated plywood for about $45 a sheet. With what I've already done and still have to do, you have to give away several calves to pay for daddy's habits. I'm going to cement some more posts in before next vaccine date.