Black Hide Pays More?

Help Support CattleToday:

ALACOWMAN":1vziodv3 said:
Dylan Biggs":1vziodv3 said:
3waycross":1vziodv3 said:
For the record. I apologize to everyone. I should have NEVER logged on here in the shape I was in last night. :drink: :frowns:

That wasn't much of an alcohol induced rant compared to what went on over at Ranchersw.net a couple of weeks ago. :cboy:
yeah,, what happened?? couple clicks i can be there to see :cowboy:

see" Leachman Charged with Animal Cruelty", things got pretty personal and ugly it was rather entertaining though. :oops:

[/quote]

That wasn't much of an alcohol induced rant compared to what went on over at Ranchersw.net a couple of weeks ago. :cboy:[/quote] yeah,, what happened?? couple clicks i can be there to see :cowboy:[/quote]

see" Leachman Charged with Animal Cruelty", things got pretty personal and ugly it was rather entertaining though. :oops:[/quote] ... Haymaker! i should have known :cowboy:

Dylan Biggs":318a36mu said:
Black Coos":318a36mu said:
3. The word Red and Angus should never be used in the same sentence, we would have got rid of them Red ones long ago if some people did not , ( just had to be different).

I can only imagine how disconcerting it must be for those breeders that prefer black to have those red ones around making the black ones look second rate. :cboy:

Must be hard to deal with the fact that there is more then just Black Walnut in the Angus genetic wood pile. :tiphat:

Dylan Biggs":1buu4dqf said:
Dylan Biggs":1buu4dqf said:
Black Coos":1buu4dqf said:
3. The word Red and Angus should never be used in the same sentence, we would have got rid of them Red ones long ago if some people did not , ( just had to be different).

I can only imagine how disconcerting it must be for those breeders that prefer black to have those red ones around making the black ones look second rate. :cboy:

Must be hard to deal with the fact that there is more then just Black Walnut in the Angus genetic wood pile. :tiphat:
it's hard to soar like an eagle, when your surrounded by buzzards

I know black does have an advantage at a sale barn where i am, but good beef is good beef regardless of color. You cant eat the hide or hair. You would think people would be far more worried about producing quality beef that will keep the customers coming back.

Ashton V":3ah3wz8c said:
I know black does have an advantage at a sale barn where i am, but good beef is good beef regardless of color. You cant eat the hide or hair. You would think people would be far more worried about producing quality beef that will keep the customers coming back.
It's a mind game....when you're selling you want to sell "black". When people order a steak they want to THINK it was once black.

Ashton V":4sxl3z1q said:
the majority of commercial cattlemen, the salebarn is where it ends for them, what will bring them the most right there. what they walk away with.. they are their customer quility or not they gonna take em

TexasBred":3997pvin said:
Ashton V":3997pvin said:
It's a mind game....when you're selling you want to sell "black". When people order a steak they want to THINK it was once black.

Which is funny considering some of the best beef i have ever ate was 100% hereford :D

ALACOWMAN":3abqutz7 said:
Ashton V":3abqutz7 said:
the majority of commercial cattlemen, the salebarn is where it ends for them, what will bring them the most right there. what they walk away with.. they are their customer quility or not they gonna take em

I do agree with you there alacowman. It does bring more money and a commercial cattleman needs to do what he can to get the most money out of his cattle. Its just funny how it works. I take quite a few to the sale barn, but i do sale to some customers directly as well.

Ashton V":1ky72svu said:
TexasBred":1ky72svu said:
Ashton V":1ky72svu said:

Which is funny considering some of the best beef i have ever ate was 100% hereford :D

Probably...I'm eating Limi right now and love it. A lot of restaurant meat is probably hereford or something else but the menu probably says "Angus". :lol2:

ALACOWMAN":13jzv952 said:
now if you can just convince the other 300 plus million americans of that :cowboy:

Alacowman do you think of angus as somewhat of a trend? And im not bashing angus by any means. I have some and they are fine cows. This isn't about angus, but about black hide. But its funny that people who know nothing about beef or the industry are such big angus pushers. For example, these are the same people thinking they are getting quality beef when they go eat a angus burger at McDonalds. :bs:

Dylan i agree with the crossbred calf being what the buyer perfers. Around here it doesn't have to be angusx to be perfered. A good yellow calf will bring as much or more than a black calf. As long as the calves are the same quailty.

Ashton V":38lx6i3k said:
ALACOWMAN":38lx6i3k said:
now if you can just convince the other 300 plus million americans of that :cowboy:

Alacowman do you think of angus as somewhat of a trend? And im not bashing angus by any means. I have some and they are fine cows. This isn't about angus, but about black hide. But its funny that people who know nothing about beef or the industry are such big angus pushers. For example, these are the same people thinking they are getting quality beef when they go eat a angus burger at McDonalds. :bs:
as for angus cattle,, "nope" they are no where near a trend.. and will be here along with the baldy from now on, as they have in the past,, they just got caught in a sht storm of marketing

Latest posts