black baldies

Help Support CattleToday:

I was called a NOVICE by someone else on this board, I think because I do not make my living off of cattle, they are just a byproduct of the land I own...So I throw it out there every one in a while , just for shitts anf giggles.....

I have been involved with cattle on and off for nearly 50 years...Remenber milking with my uncles before I was 6, no dariy ,just a couple of cows for milk...

In the late seventy, I messed with Herefords and shorthorns , you know, meds, A.I. , and some show ring stuff..It took several years fo me to become stable enough to start a cow herd, on my farms....

I bought 9 head of Reg. Black angus cows in 1999, I retain my heifers, I try to keep around 25 cows..

Some one other day said I need more real world cattle knowelege, In the last 10 years, I have been to Tulsa Fair 4 times , wichita fair twice, Tennessee fair twice, just to see the BEEF cows....I have set in at least 6 sale barns, and the one in Tulsa at least 50 times over a 3 year period ( love the Limms that are raised around there)..

Have been on Gert farms , on romonola (sp), farm, looked at peids, I love cows , THEY ARE MY PAST TIME, HOBBIE, and THEY SURE EAT GOOD...

I Take up for Black Angus , because so many on here want to Bad mouth them, in fact at this moment I have more cattle with a higher % hereford blood than Black Angus...Do not worry , it is a easy fix, put a black angus Bull in there and it will swing back to the DARK ( black angus ) SIDE....

I have had arguments on this site with people that do not even own a cow, with novice ( mini, LH) who do not raise beef , and get this, dairy people who just because you work for or raise Dairy cow do not make you a cattleman...anymore than than having cattle make me a Rancher....

I watched beautiful big spotted Simms, turn Black...
I watched beautiful blonde limms turn Black....
Heck there are even Black Herefords, and Chars.....

Bottom line , it all boils down to this, pick your cattle for their enviroment, what you like is not neccessary the right choice, choice what fits for you.....and to heck with everyone else......

we have to raise what will work here,, and in a kansas feedlot.... the best going for me this far is Brangus type cows, using angus bull

alftn":1soee1u5 said:
I was called a NOVICE by someone else on this board, I think because I do not make my living off of cattle, they are just a byproduct of the land I own...So I throw it out there every one in a while , just for shitts anf giggles.....

I have been involved with cattle on and off for nearly 50 years...Remenber milking with my uncles before I was 6, no dariy ,just a couple of cows for milk...

In the late seventy, I messed with Herefords and shorthorns , you know, meds, A.I. , and some show ring stuff..It took several years fo me to become stable enough to start a cow herd, on my farms....

I bought 9 head of Reg. Black angus cows in 1999, I retain my heifers, I try to keep around 25 cows..

Some one other day said I need more real world cattle knowelege, In the last 10 years, I have been to Tulsa Fair 4 times , wichita fair twice, Tennessee fair twice, just to see the BEEF cows....I have set in at least 6 sale barns, and the one in Tulsa at least 50 times over a 3 year period ( love the Limms that are raised around there)..

Have been on Gert farms , on romonola (sp), farm, looked at peids, I love cows , THEY ARE MY PAST TIME, HOBBIE, and THEY SURE EAT GOOD...

I Take up for Black Angus , because so many on here want to Bad mouth them, in fact at this moment I have more cattle with a higher % hereford blood than Black Angus...Do not worry , it is a easy fix, put a black angus Bull in there and it will swing back to the DARK ( black angus ) SIDE....

I have had arguments on this site with people that do not even own a cow, with novice ( mini, LH) who do not raise beef , and get this, dairy people who just because you work for or raise Dairy cow do not make you a cattleman...anymore than than having cattle make me a Rancher....

I watched beautiful big spotted Simms, turn Black...
I watched beautiful blonde limms turn Black....
Heck there are even Black Herefords, and Chars.....

Bottom line , it all boils down to this, pick your cattle for their enviroment, what you like is not neccessary the right choice, choice what fits for you.....and to heck with everyone else......

I'm think I'm beginning to understand you, hard as that may be with only the internet to depend on. I humbly apologize for the novice thing. It was bush league and uncalled for. We will disagree from time to time but you'll see no more of that crap from me.

Well up here if you advertise a set of baldy heifers for sale they are hereford/angus cross. THe true F1's that have been the standard against which the rest are judged since christ was a cowboy. They have catchy brand names for BWF simmies and such.

alftn said:
Yes now days it is a decription, but 40 years ago, it was a Hereford X angus cross....

T.B. , I can not tell Black Angus from about 1/2 dozen other Black, Polled cattle that are out there now....

My frist choice of cattle is the shorthorn, I tried to buy herefords when I got into cattle , they were not around or just to expensive....I settled for Black Angus for those reasons...But after having them , for many years, I have come to like them ....If you know the history of Black Angus, they have been around along time, and have met with lots of HATE from many people... To little , no horns, Black for gods sake, they , Black Angus have allways been different from other cattle....Untill everything turned FAKE angus, you know ,all them black cows that have never been black that are now.......[/quote]

Dont you know that the turning black is the in- thing to do. :) Its just a way for the guys who say they dont want black angus but really do. i.e. the limms,simmys, chars ect

JHH":1od5vz5k said:
alftn":1od5vz5k said:
Yes now days it is a decription, but 40 years ago, it was a Hereford X angus cross....

T.B. , I can not tell Black Angus from about 1/2 dozen other Black, Polled cattle that are out there now....

My frist choice of cattle is the shorthorn, I tried to buy herefords when I got into cattle , they were not around or just to expensive....I settled for Black Angus for those reasons...But after having them , for many years, I have come to like them ....If you know the history of Black Angus, they have been around along time, and have met with lots of HATE from many people... To little , no horns, Black for gods sake, they , Black Angus have allways been different from other cattle....Untill everything turned FAKE angus, you know ,all them black cows that have never been black that are now.......[/quote]

Dont you know that the turning black is the in- thing to do. :) Its just a way for the guys who say they dont want black angus but really do. i.e. the limms,simmys, chars ect
BS :banana:

Latest posts