Before the universe ends Friday.....

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus":ztt1smgr said:
..... I just gotta ask a question that has been nagging me for years. I have restrained myself from asking this publicly on the board because I don't want to come across as an idiot. Due to this, I have asked close friends and acquantances this question and none of them knew for sure. Since the world will end shortly I guess it won't matter what you think of me and being I really want to know the answer to this question before I'm vaporized or whatever is going to happen come Friday I'm going to come out and ask. Are there people in Deleware or is this just some ponzi scheme? I know its a state and all but I don't know of anyone who knows anyone from Deleware. They seem to vote - usually poorly - but I've never known or talked to anyone who knows a living soul that lives there. And if they are actually people there and its not some ponzi scheme, do they have cows?

Yes it does exists just like the talking M&M's and Santa.
Worked with a fellow from there for year's, after listening to his opinion's on life I am convinced it is a foreign country.

Jogeephus":1u45bdzc said:
Ryder":1u45bdzc said:
There is a location, I think the tv said it was some mountain in France, that is a safe place.
Something about the space ships coming in at that place.

Just sayin...

I also heard they are giving out free Kool Aide so it must be some good people. I'll check my frequent flyer miles and maybe I'm off the "No Fly List" by now. Really just can't see the big deal with yelling Allāhu Akbar on when the plane hits some bad turbulents. Apparantly DotGov ain't go no sense of humor on these things. Thought it funny myself.

I don't see you ever getting off the "no-fly" until you change your avatar. Cute kittens like Ali's might do the trick.

This brings up another thought.
If Delaware is possibly a figment of imagination of some people, including a few on here, then where does Delaware Punch come from?

I can remember summertime when I was a kid I would ride my bicycle down to Miss Eva's house and visit with her.
I learned that if I sat and visited long enough she would get out some concentrate and make up some Delaware punch.
It was very good.

Alan":3f1p9jf0 said:
I'm betting on it end, no really, I just borrowed 250k from a loan shark, placed 100k on the Vikings to win the Super Bowl and spending the rest on booze and women and perks! :mrgreen:

Well Alan, you do realize that is $100k down the drain? --unless they move superbowl up to Dec 20.

From Ray Wylie Hubbard (He mentions Delaware)

I got on my cowboy boots, jeans
And Hawaiian shirt, mirrored sunglasses
And a mobile phone
I guess I look like some Port Aransas
Dope dealer that's out on bail
Just trying to get home
Well I ain't in jail and I got me a guitar
Got a little band that's hotter than a rocket
Sometimes we're sloppy
We're always loud, tonight we're just ornery
And locked in the pocket

So screw you, we're from Texas
Screw you, we're from Texas
We're from Texas baby, so screw you

Now I love the USA
And the other states
Ahh, they're OK
Texas is the place I wanna be
And I don't care if I ever go to Delaware anyway
Cause we got Stubbs, and Gruene Hall and Antone's, and John T's Country Store
We've got Willie and Jacky Jack, Robert Earl, Pat, Cory, Charlie and me
And so many more.

We're from Texas, screw you

Sing it with me--
We're from Texas, screw you!

Now Texas has gotten a bad reputation,
Because of what happened in Dallas and Waco
And our corporations well they are corrupt
And the politicians are swindlers and loco
But when it comes to music my friend
I believe these words are as true as St. John the Revelator's
Our Mr. Vaughan was the best that there ever was
And no band was cooler than the 13th Floor Elevators.

We're from Texas, screw you!

We're from Texas Screw you

We're from Texas Screw you

We're from Texas Screw you...

JO, It does exist!!
Heck Ive lived in Delaware! (don't tell anybody) Lived in a condo near the beach just across the MD state line,, Good fishing there.
Pretty much all flat land, sandy soil.
Nothin but chicken houses and cornfields as far as the eye can see,, plenty Bovine too.

And yes its called SLOWER DELAWARE

Oh and don't forget about Delawares Patron Saint "George Thorogood and the Delaware Destroyers" :banana: :drink:

1 bourbon 1 scotch 1 beer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISmgOrhELXs

Delaware Slide http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lqwbeUL ... eU&index=3

Cocaine Blues http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLFsmJZlESs

All this Delaware talk I had to look it up on the map. Turns out I was almost there once. I was by the West end of the bay bridge but that was as far East as I got. But while looking at the map I looked at the scale. Heck, we have counties bigger than Delaware. How did a place that small rate statehood?

backhoeboogie":pzm47oc5 said:
Dave":pzm47oc5 said:
How did a place that small rate statehood?

They get two senate seats and they are not the smallest. Heck there's a few smaller than Hawaii.

Rhode Island 1,045 square miles. Delaware 1,95 square miles. Hawaii 6,423 square miles.

Rhode island is only 668,800 acres!! I know people who run cows on more land than that.

backhoeboogie":1o6l2ayi said:
Connecticut is smaller than Hawaii too @ 4,845 square miles.

I know two people in Hawaii and several in Conneticut but none in Deleware. I just think its odd these people are so elusive. And as it seems even on the board very few people have had any interactcion with them or know anyone from there.

I had a dairyman from Deleware call me once and spend an hour on the phone trying to sell me red and white holstein semen. Aparently he and a few neighbors all had registered r/w's and decided to start a semen company. The whole conversation was kind of sureal as we both understood that the other guy was speaking english but it was not the english that we knew how to speak and that we had a lot in common... and yet we literally had nothing in common.

Yea but how many states do have to take a boat or fly to get from one part of the state to another, driving is not a good option. Plus miles of sandy beaches, 80 degree and more bikinis per capita than Wisconsin!

Well here ya have it! Proof that there is a Delaware. They just arrested Sam Donaldson there for DUI!

LEWES, Del. (AP) — Former ABC News veteran Sam Donaldson is facing a drunken driving charge in Delaware.

Latest posts