'Barnyard' the movie

Help Support CattleToday:

Cattle Rack Rancher

Reaction score
I went and took my kids to see this movie. I was pretty offended by the fact that the bulls all have udders. They speak with a male voice and yet they have udders. They refer to three of the bulls as 'the jersey cows' and when the old bull gets killed (I think his name was Ben). It says on his tombstone 'Here lies Ben, he was a good cow'. The feemale cows also have udders. Bad enough that city kids don't know anything about the farm without filling them with wrong information.

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0414853/ ... ey=0414853

the producers probably dont even know the difference. hard too teach what you dont know. i bet 95% of the folks that have seen it dont know either.

Boy cows are the ones with horns, right?

Edited to add: How can Sam "it's what's for dinner" Elliot sleep at night after lending his voice to a bull with udders?? :(

cmjust0":12dmz0d5 said:
Boy cows are the ones with horns, right?

Edited to add: How can Sam "it's what's for dinner" Elliot sleep at night after lending his voice to a bull with udders?? :(
A biology teacher actually argued with my brother that sexing cattle could be done by looking for horns. She was adamant. My brother told her that we had an Angus bull with no horns. He told her it was based on the breed, not the sex. Some people love to be stupid and ignorant even after being corrected.

Most people would realize the difference even if the movie was correct. At some of the major shows in big cities like Houston and San Antonio Ive actually heard kids walking around looking at my Brahman cattle and say "Look mommy, its a camel". Ive actually heard that several times. Ive also had a grown man come up and point to my bull and say "What are those pink things between HER legs"

The best one I heard at a fair was a young boy saying to his mother look mom that bull has four penises I was rolling

It's no wonder so many of our kids (and adults) are all screwed up! Let's also include the media, teachers, parents, and others who haven't a clue as to what the "common" things in our environment look like or are called; and, promote or further perpetuate those myths and mis-information via their naive ignorance. No checks and balances. No proofreading or editing of information for accuracy. The 20-30 something nerd advertising humans creating advertising copy who haven't a clue as to the other 99% of what's going on in the world or environment...they just know how to do stupid commercials, etc.,...

a/k/a... "don't want to bruise anyone's ego or personality, don't want to offend or embarass anyone, don't bother to find out or figure out the true answer to things, uninformed teachers that are teaching naive kids, movies and the media that haven't a clue either, TV commercials that add to the mis-information, etc., etc..."

Rather than "the following information and scenes may be inapproprate for some viewers..." It should read, "the following advertisements and media information may contain incorrect information that is inappropriate for and mis-lead naive viewers..."
:mad:

Cattle Rack Rancher said:
I went and took my kids to see this movie. I was pretty offended by the fact that the bulls all have udders. They speak with a male voice and yet they have udders. They refer to three of the bulls as 'the jersey cows' and when the old bull gets killed (I think his name was Ben). It says on his tombstone 'Here lies Ben, he was a good cow'. The feemale cows also have udders. Bad enough that city kids don't know anything about the farm without filling them with wrong information.

That's as bad as Little House on the Prairie when Charles called a black calf a puebred Hereford.

I'll wait until it comes out in DVD. My 9 yr old wants to see this movie. Any kind of kids movies or family shows are so misguided and uninformed.

All "kids" movies that are rated "G" should be rated at least "R" with a disclaimer that the info and scenes depicted may not be accurate, can mislead, and will corrupt the kids' minds.

More hollywood stupidity... and, unfortunately the public falls for it...

shutskytj":1eq2o32k said:
The best one I heard at a fair was a young boy saying to his mother look mom that bull has four penises I was rolling

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Check out movie "Grand Champion" w/ Julia Roberts and Bruce Willis. At one point the "steer" is heifer. (stupid hollywood)
The whole movie is extremely unrealistic.

O-kay not to ruffle any feathers but it is a CARTOON, it is fictional and it is meant to be a "cute movie" nothing more. And having things on there, even though they should be, would just be more frighting to children, who the movie is going toward, than anything. Once again, not to ruffle feathers but like I said it is aimed towards innocent children.

;-)

farm princess":1wywvyw8 said:
And having things on there, even though they should be, would just be more frighting to children, who the movie is going toward, than anything. Once again, not to ruffle feathers but like I said it is aimed towards innocent children.

Okay, then I suppose that all the innocent children that are being raised on farms and ranches around the world should not be allowed to look at the livestock on these ranches/farms for fear of frightening them with the sight of the animal's genetalia?

Perhaps I misinterpreted your post.

Katherine

All I am saying is that it is a CARTOON and everyone has grown up watching animals that are not drawn correctly. Why is everyone so mad about this particular movie. I mean if we are going to start being so correct about animals then are we going to start teaching that female dogs are actually called "bit****" and all the other technical names for everything. I have children growing up on a farm and they know the difference between a cow, calf, and bull but when they are talking to other children they don't specify and the other children know what they are talking about. To them a cow is a cow--a dog is a dog--a sheep is a sheep--a pig is a pig - etc. no matter what the sex is.

;-)

farm princess":fhv8sbvr said:
All I am saying is that it is a CARTOON

To them a cow is a cow--a dog is a dog--a sheep is a sheep--a pig is a pig - etc. no matter what the sex is.
;-)

Okay, I think I see what you're saying. :)

Katherine

I get what farm princess is saying, it is a Cartoon lighten up,
when have you ever seen a cat use a phone and wear a hat and waist coat, as Top Cat did. a dog speak with a Southern accent and draw a gun, Deputy Dawg did. I could go on the list is endless.....I was shocked when I asked my class once where milk came from and they said the supermarket, the same with eggs, but I soon taught them as do most teachers with a bit of common sence. but the sad thing was that a lot of them had never seen the sea, and we don't live that far away from it.

I agree with the lighthearted side of the issue.

We all know the difference here, and are aware of those that think their beef comes from the supermarket....

But I'd much rather have my kids (5 and 6) see cows standing up on their hind legs than a bull, who is anatomically drawn correctly.....think about it!

We all went to see it on a rainy day (yes, its a farm thing)
and laughed at lots of little things.........most of which were
so far "out there" that the kids never caught them.
Bottom line, no pun intended, it was cute and funny even
with a moral lesson learned thrown in for good measure.

Now you want to know what really gets my feathers ruffled is the fact that Hollywood can't put out a decent Western anymore.................and Brokeback don't count!!!

That's were Sam should be...................not dubbin voices over cartoons.

NCfarmer":3w02tv3v said:
But I'd much rather have my kids (5 and 6) see cows standing up on their hind legs than a bull, who is anatomically drawn correctly.....think about it!

I guess I'm missing something here, where is the harm in seeing a bull - anatomically drawn - standing on his back legs? I grew up on a ranch, and I knew about the birds and the bees at about the age of 6 or 7. I can't see where it caused me any harm. What is the big deal here?

chrisy, you're right, Deputy Dog's not the only one packing iron. Think Quick-Draw McDraw. And he's a horse that walks on two legs! For the love of Pete. Underdog on the other hand gets by fine without a gun. As does Huckleberry Hound.

ga. prime":3em33ds4 said:
Underdog on the other hand gets by fine without a gun. As does Huckleberry Hound.

And don;t forget "Super Chicken"

dun

Honestly, I would like to forget Super Chicken. One of the worst cartoons ever conceived. I didn't even like it when I was a little kid.

Latest posts