Back from the OHOA Beefmaster sale

Help Support CattleToday:

East Caney

Reaction score
LB408.jpg

3 yr old L Bar 5502 grand daughter, Buster Beefmasters breeding, bred to a Black Magic son.

LB436.jpg

3 yr old Lasater 513 grand daughter, Buster Beefmasters breeding, bull calf at side sired by Lasater 2079 (pictured on previous post).

LB705Bull.jpg

Disposition.jpg

We know he's got at least one of the six essentials. Nice tight sheath also.

LB624.jpg

Bred heifer purchased private treaty from Buster Beefmasters, sired by Buster 8799, goes back to Lasater 5367 (Ole Yeller)

LB625.jpg

Bred heifer purchased private treaty from Buster Beefmasters, sired by Frenzel 921-2 (dun bull pictured on a previous post), goes back to Lasater 6129

Moss505.jpg

Bred cow, due to calve in December. Buster Beefmasters breeding. This is a daughter of Buster 260 (pictured on a previous post). She goes back to L Bar 5502 and Lasater 1306.

U-U674.jpg

Bred heifer, Buster Beefmasters breeding. Sired by Lasater 7615 (retired Lasater herdsire, pictured on a previous post).

All 3 heifers are bred to Buster 260. If you don't remember the previous post with him in it, here's another picture of him:

Buster260BusterLBar5502Grandson-1.jpg

I like the first one.. and the "ole yeller"..
those beefmasters are hard to beat for momma cows.

those are some nice well bred beefmasters.sounds like your herd is mostly buster beefmaster bred cows.

Those are nice looking cattle. They look like cow's should look in my book not with all the show feed and what nots. Beefmasters has always been one of my favorite breeds.

Limomike":1cvw8jbu said:
I like the first one.. and the "ole yeller"..
those beefmasters are hard to beat for momma cows.

I just took those pictures yesterday. The more I looked at the black one, the more I liked her. L Bar 5502's descendants usually look pretty good. If she milks like she looks, I ought to be in good shape. The 8799 daughter is also probably my favorite bred heifer. The daughter of 7615 (last one) is very good...her picture doesn't do her much justice. Of course, I think the worst one is pretty good, or I probably wouldn't have brought 'em home.

bigbull338":1cvw8jbu said:
sounds like your herd is mostly buster beefmaster bred cows.

You're right. My bull and two open heifers are from Orr Beefmasters. The two heifers are grand daughters of Lasater 7615, so they'll be related.

Pretty animals... Ole Yeller has a nice tight underline and that bull calf really is a good lookin' fella...

Congratulations.

The red mottle face heifer and the light red star face heifer are the only two I purchased private treaty. The other 4 (and calf) came from the sale. I was looking for foundation beefmaster genetics. I purchased from 4 different consigners...but they were all Larry Buster's breeding.

DavisBeefmasters":3skhjh9j said:
Pretty animals... Ole Yeller has a nice tight underline and that bull calf really is a good lookin' fella...

Congratulations.

Thanks. I'm hoping (and praying even more) for good things.

Beefy":3skhjh9j said:
can i borrow some money?

:lol: You probably should've asked before the sale. Now, I'm walking around asking people the same thing. ;-)

EC

You did really well. Shoot, I'd mortgage the farm (again) for a whole herd of those girls. They will pay you back.

East Caney you did well, I think that is a tremendouse bunch of cattle in my opinion your off to a great start. I wonder if you put the screws to buster as well as mr orr lol

Just thought I'd give an update on the bull calf I purchased in the sale. I think he's coming along pretty well. He and his mother will benefit from green grass which should arrive here very soon. Any opinions on the bull will be appreciated.

DSCN11790001.jpg

DSCN11810001.jpg

you got a nice beefmaster bull calf there.he is a nice bodied bull.how far from weaning is he.i think id wean him.an start pouring the feed to him.would like to see how much he puts on with good feed.

What a great group of Beefmasters! Good for you! Wait until three days from now when it finally sinks in that they are really yours!

DOC HARRIS

Doc, I bought them back in October, so the reality has set in...almost needless to say I'm still pleased. Calves from the 5 I bought bred should start arriving mid-April. Thanks to you and BB for the kind comments.

He was 193 days old in the picture. I would really like to get some cheap lbs from momma's milk and green grass. She's a heck of a milker. But she's been drawn down pretty good due to lower quality hay (due to 2007 rains) and limited supplement. He'll probably be weaned in another 3 weeks or so.

His birthday makes him ineligible for any of the performance test sales that I'm aware of. I think there may be some sales that I could get him in. More than likely, I'll just try and sell him private treaty once he's breeding age.

He's not perfect, but I think he's good enough to take a chance on. He's a nice thick calf, polled (scurred) for those who don't like to dehorn, good muscle, adds some ear without the sheath, and he's almost solid red.

Anybody see anything (flaws) that would keep you from taking a chance on him (assuming you raise or would raise bulls)?

Thanks, EC

He looks real good EC. Keep us posted. Are you planning to keep him and sell as a 2 year old?

I had a nice looking registered bull calf this year that I thought about raising up, but after thinking it through, I just don't have the pens or the time to deal with one bull calf away from the herd until it was time to put him back with the herd. But if this is the direction you are headed for the future, nows as good a time as any to get going. Good luck to you.

Latest posts