At what age did you realize you finally got old?

Help Support CattleToday:

Waco's post made me remember one thing that makes me feel old. Thirty-five years ago I often wouldn't leave the house to go out until 10:00 pm. Now that's already past bedtime.

I just thought of one more. There are a number of college students working part time here, and some of them are attractive young ladies. I realized I was getting old the first time I looked at one of them and thought to myself "Hmm....I wonder what her mama looks like."

Rafter S":1zirce8b said:
I just thought of one more. There are a number of college students working part time here, and some of them are attractive young ladies. I realized I was getting old the first time I looked at one of them and thought to myself "Hmm....I wonder what her mama looks like."
At least we know you're not a "dirty ol' man". :lol2: :lol2:

I felt old when I recently noticed that the K-Mart in my area no longer sells music of any type; not a sign of a single cd even. I was just there in the 70s, and there were two lanes of vinyl LPs.

Rafter S":3vq5orz3 said:
Now that made me laugh, literally out loud! I guess I never realized I was getting old. Until now :eek:

TCRanch":1lnwq14m said:
Rafter S":1lnwq14m said:
Now that made me laugh, literally out loud! I guess I never realized I was getting old. Until now :eek:

I'm glad I could help. Isn't that what friends are for?

Twenty years ago I had a good looking young female intern who was a college senior tell that I reminded her of her grandfather. Not exactly a compliment. At the time I wasn't even 45 yet. I might have been younger than her parents let alone her grandfather.

I recently turned 65 and I seem to be going pretty steady. My dad, and his dad both died at 47 from heart attack. I didn't expect to live past 50. 15 years later, I can still work a good 8 hour day.

Rafter S":yn8ly8re said:
I felt pretty old the first time I looked at a young lady and thought "I wonder if her father knows she's dressed like that?"

Latest posts