At what age did you realize you finally got old?

Help Support CattleToday:

FlyingLSimmentals":1osw879c said:
but the legs can't move like they once did and the back doesn't last as long on the farm.
Seems the legs are always the first to go.

Last week I saw film footage that I had never seen before of Babe Ruth from 1920 at age 25
I was stunned to see how slim, athletic and smooth he was in 1920 and so completely different from the images of him
in 1928 at age 33 as almost a pot bellied old man jogging around the bases with such short choppy steps.

The Year Babe Ruth Hit 104 Home Runs is a 2007 book by Bill Jenkinson (a baseball scholar and SABR member)
432 page non-fiction book documenting Ruth's power and dominance.
His research claims that if Ruth had played in modern ballparks under moderns rules in 1921 Ruth would have hit
104 home runs instead of 59 and in 1927 when he hit 60 it would have been 90 and his career total over 1,000

I am 65 and I still haven't decided I am old. I am older than I ever have been before but so is my 5 year old grandson. I am still more active than lots of people half my age.

True Grit Farms":2b6bernl said:
I have came to the conclusion that I'm old at 59.
Your an old fart ain't you. If I ever get old I will let you know. I'm down to 18 hours a day 7 days a week so maybe I'm getting cloee.

I put ten slips of paper numbered 0-9 (respectively) in a hat each year on my birthday. I pick one number for the first digit, then put it back in and pick a second number. That's the birthday that I celebrate. One year I'm 16, the next 84. Theoretically I could pick 00 I guess.

My theory is that we each have within us all the ages we have ever been and will ever be.

kenny thomas":kvgn56v5 said:
True Grit Farms":kvgn56v5 said:
I have came to the conclusion that I'm old at 59.
Your an old fart ain't you. If I ever get old I will let you know. I'm down to 18 hours a day 7 days a week so maybe I'm getting cloee.

Kenny getting up every two hours to pee doesn't count.

Rafter S":d8daxva1 said:
For a related question, I read something years ago, talking about men. I don't remember the exact words, but it boiled down to you don't really feel like an adult while your father is still alive. I kind of see what the writer had in mind. Anyone else ever feel that way?
Yes!
And for a long time afterwards I felt inadequate as I didn't have him to go to for advice if I should need it. Not that I actually needed it but it was just a feeling.

I don't consider myself old yet but I felt a lot older when I got back into beekeeping. I can remember picking up double deeps, right around two hundred pounds, and setting them on the bed of the truck with ease twenty to thirty at a time not so long ago. I had to do that here a while back and wound up splitting everything in half and re-stacking it on the truck because the humidity is so much higher here that the woodenware weighs three times as much as it did in CA. ;-)

I coukd out run my oldest at 32. College coaches had him clocked at 4.4.
At 40 things went to ****.
When you neck gets stiff and your peter goes limp it's all over

My dad always said it's not bad getting old, it's just unhandy. At 61 I don't feel old, but can't seem to get as much done as I want.

Feeling pretty old right now. I use to work in a club and on the week days we were open till 3am and on the weekends till 4am I had no problem staying up then go party at a girls house. Last night some friends and I went to Dallas to a club. By 1 am we were yawning and had a hard time staying till 2am but we were determined to stay till closing. We had some 20 something year old girls wanted us to get hotel rooms and party with them. I laughed if I get a room I am going to sleep. Seems weird not to long ago I was out all night partying now can't stay out past 2 oh well.

Latest posts