Any New Tennessee Questions For Me?

Help Support CattleToday:

Folks, I'm really happy about fielding these questions! This is great!Yes, Mr.Pinz, I regularly attend reunions, and we do have singles mixers here as well, during the reunion. Davey Crockett I believe comes in here on Wednesdays.We drink together quite often.
Warpaint, Feel free to jump in here. I may need some help with the overwhelming response.

ROCKSPRINGS":3m0g4ql0 said:
Did you ever buy a used truck from Junior Samples ?
or call him at BR549. :D
I always traded with Junior.Esp. when Misty Rowe was his Title Clerk.Stringbean changed my oil every 3,000 miles too_On goober's days off.Mr. Samples left me the BR-549 tel. in his will to me.

cfpinz":18npm52i said:
Is it true that in Tennessee you can go to a family reunion and a singles mixer at the same time?

NO, That's Arkansas

CattleAnnie":1b1azsld said:
This is probably a silly question, but what in the sam hill are 'chitlins'?

Anyone have a picture of them?

Take care.
CattleAnnie, I'd show you but my Mom would slap the fire outta me for showing you "see food".I was raised with real strict table manners. :shock:

Cattle Annie -
I'll take the chitlin' question.
Actually they are chitterlings, which are the intestines of hogs. They are very thoroughly washed and then the cooking becomes the chef's choice. Often deep fried, they could also be panfried. I remember years ago someone at a cook out was grilling the nasty things. They are not for everyone, probably an acquired taste and certainly one I am glad that I never acquired. The smell when cooking is enough to turn you against them. Sort of like ramps, probably not that bad but the smell just kills you.

CattleAnnie":3kzmafsl said:
This is probably a silly question, but what in the sam hill are 'chitlins'?

Anyone have a picture of them?

Take care.
Chitlins eat alot better than they look. there hog intestines that have be hand slung stump whipped and creek washed

Fair enough...but what do you put inside the intestine (please tell me it isn't what was inside them when you took them out of the hog)?:mrgreen:

Take care.

ps. What are 'ramps'??

Warpaint is right - other than a little salt and pepper, there is really very little to preparing these "treats".
Ramps are an extremely pungent little plant that are roughly a cross between wild onions and garlic. They grow here in the mountains in the spring time. A lot of civic organizations have ramp dinners. The ramps (which look a lot like a green onion) are included in pinto beans, casseroles, fried potatoes, cornbread and a great many are cooked by themselves.
Making myself hungry...

cypressfarms":q4kud5aj said:
warpaint":q4kud5aj said:
ALACOWMAN":q4kud5aj said:
dj":q4kud5aj said:
  • Where does TN stand in the cattle producing state
ratings?
3rd, 5th?
on a stump .. blah ha ha ha ha i still got it

Easy now!! :lol: :lol:

He's doing a bad impression of Arnold on Happy Days.

Tenn. has chitlins. Do y'all have cracklins?

Why as a matter of fact we do!! Aint hardly nuthin better than cracklin bread to go with them chittlins! ;-)

Latest posts