Angus. I don't get this...........

Help Support CattleToday:

bigbull338":2tr3kgl4 said:
also if they have an old cow with a calf on her,an no 1 bids on the pair.then they are split,an the cow goes to the kill pen.then the calf is sold by the head or pound.

were they angus?

robert":32ma4v80 said:
Welsh Black, Kyloe (black highland cattle), Galloway, Dexter. Of course 3 of those 4 are horned breeds and in addition would be considered minor breeds in the context of US beef production.

As Dun said, CAB demand has grown and is a direct result of strict adherence to a quality product.

Our commercial bull buyers, hit CAB with a high % of their Galloway X Angus calves. The duns/smokes are typically the only ones that don't, because they aren't black, and can't be Angus verified. Oh yeah, the heifer mates make awesome cows too.

Kingfisher":1s9if3az said:
That makes me think " What are ya'll stupid?" :)

Yep RrrEeeAaaLll Slow -

My original response regarded I was only buying week old beef calf "splits". You asked how I split them. My response is that I don't. The ring man does. I paid $200 for one of the ones I took. More than I wanted to pay but I'll still make money on it.

So as a buyer can you stop that ? "all of a sudden the calf turns to pure gold and sometimes brings as much as the momma
"
That makes me think " What are ya'll stupid?" :)[/quote]

If splitting them brings me more money I'm all for it. If I'm buying and splitting them allow me to buy one or the other which was all I wanted anyway, I'm all for it as well. They'll often try to sell them as a pair for about 10 seconds and if they get no bid they split them. Sort of funny that nobody will bid $900 for the pair but split they bring $1150.

backhoeboogie":ntpylm1t said:
Kingfisher":ntpylm1t said:
That makes me think " What are ya'll stupid?" :)

Yep RrrEeeAaaLll Slow -

My original response regarded I was only buying week old beef calf "splits". You asked how I split them. My response is that I don't. The ring man does. I paid $200 for one of the ones I took. More than I wanted to pay but I'll still make money on it.

Made some good money on SS heavy bred as well boogie, winter them and next fall sell the calf and sell the cow for can and cutter.
Boogie are they still drilling up your way?

They are poking holes everywhere here I can see flares from four wells when they go off from the porch. I don't have the mineral rights on my place but do have them on my grandpa's and great-grandpa's places.

Caustic Burno":p0zueend said:
They are poking holes everywhere here I can see flares from four wells when they go off from the porch. I don't have the mineral rights on my place but do have them on my grandpa's and great-grandpa's places.
Looks like in the Barnett shale they drilled all over for a few years, located the "sweet spots" and have been infilling them for awhile now. A lot of leases that only had the one well for quite a while are now having as many as 8-10 permitted at one time in the same unit. A lot of the activity is moving farther south in Texas to the Eagle Ford.

stoopid marketing scheme......... :lol:

CAB Continues To Build; Posts 17.2% Sales Jump

Certified Angus Beef LLC (CAB) closed the books on fiscal year 2010 with 17.2% growth. Moreover, the 32-year-old brand went against the conventional wisdom that premium brands struggle during a recession, as the Certified Angus Beef ® brand grew across all sectors in a fourth consecutive year of record gains.

Product sales from Oct. 1, 2009 to Sept. 30, 2010 topped 777 million lbs., shattering last year's mark by 114 million lbs. "That's more than our total sales for this company's first 10 years combined, thanks to the commitment of nearly 14,000 licensees worldwide," says CAB President John Stika.

Growth was balanced. Sales of the high-value middle meats such as strip steaks and tenderloins were up 16%, with end meats up 16.1% and grinds up 24.3%. Retail continued to lead all divisions with 52% of sales at 404 million lbs.

Upward trends were also noted on the supply side, where 64% of U.S. cattle were Angus influenced. Nearly 15 million head were identified, while those certified rose to 3.5 million – a 24% increase over the previous year. A 23% acceptance rate pushed a five-year trend of increases to new levels, proving that quality-minded ranchers are setting the bar higher and meeting it, CAB says.

For more info on the ranch side, visit www.cabpartners.com, on the consumer and beef marketing side, www.certifiedangusbeef.com.
-- CAB release

robert":la4qjr4x said:
stoopid marketing scheme......... :lol:

CAB Continues To Build; Posts 17.2% Sales Jump

Certified Angus Beef LLC (CAB) closed the books on fiscal year 2010 with 17.2% growth. Moreover, the 32-year-old brand went against the conventional wisdom that premium brands struggle during a recession, as the Certified Angus Beef ® brand grew across all sectors in a fourth consecutive year of record gains.

Product sales from Oct. 1, 2009 to Sept. 30, 2010 topped 777 million lbs., shattering last year's mark by 114 million lbs. "That's more than our total sales for this company's first 10 years combined, thanks to the commitment of nearly 14,000 licensees worldwide," says CAB President John Stika.

Growth was balanced. Sales of the high-value middle meats such as strip steaks and tenderloins were up 16%, with end meats up 16.1% and grinds up 24.3%. Retail continued to lead all divisions with 52% of sales at 404 million lbs.

Upward trends were also noted on the supply side, where 64% of U.S. cattle were Angus influenced. Nearly 15 million head were identified, while those certified rose to 3.5 million – a 24% increase over the previous year. A 23% acceptance rate pushed a five-year trend of increases to new levels, proving that quality-minded ranchers are setting the bar higher and meeting it, CAB says.

For more info on the ranch side, visit http://www.cabpartners.com, on the consumer and beef marketing side, http://www.certifiedangusbeef.com.
-- CAB release

Robert, good for CAB, a marketing job well done,such a good job that consumers believe they are eating 100% Angus beef and again marketing finesse proves that perception is as good as reality and that business success is the one true moral and ethical barometer in the modern world!
Wouldn't you agree?
How stooopid of me to even ask! :lol2:

Caustic Burno":286xysw1 said:
Oh puke here we go again Angus this and that. Robert I bet if you fell and busted your head all that would come is little angus cows toting a CAB sign.
go easy on him,, its all the poor fellers got... he could be bragging about oil wells
:cowboy:

Caustic Burno":3jrsndqh said:
Oh puke here we go again Angus this and that. Robert I bet if you fell and busted your head all that would come is little angus cows toting a CAB sign.

That's not true, the board has been flooded with Herf topics lately, time for a change back to angus for a while. :cowboy:

Well, I have learned some things from this thread that I didn't know. The way I take it CAB is like a felt hat. Just because it says "Beaver Felt" don't mean it has more than just a dab of beaver in it.

Latest posts