How do I get down ?

Help Support CattleToday:

We've had over 3 inches spread out over several days , much needed ! 2 creeks were dry and ponds were getting low and nasty .
Iti s 7:20 here, 6:20 your time, and the bottom just fell out for the 2nd time today, like it has every day for the past few weeks. I need to get 3 days in a row right now in order to get the 4th cutting, if I want to get 5 this year. If I could have done it 2-3 weeks ago, I would have definitely gotten 5 this year. Most years we get 4, and that's what I use to figure things with,. But vry 5 or 6 years, we can get the right combo of early spring, a lot of rain with plenty of sunny days in between to cut it 5 times.

Just had another front roll through at 6:15 pm. Love the rain ! Hate the lightning ⚡️ ! First time in years we've got a cutting wet , but our last mixed grass field we got rained on 3 times before we got it up . The Lord has blessed us again this year with hay . Should get one more cutting of our orchard grass and one more of the mixed grass field . You must be cutting Bermuda to get 4-5 cuttings ?

Just had another front roll through at 6:15 pm. Love the rain ! Hate the lightning ⚡️ ! First time in years we've got a cutting wet , but our last mixed grass field we got rained on 3 times before we got it up . The Lord has blessed us again this year with hay . Should get one more cutting of our orchard grass and one more of the mixed grass field . You must be cutting Bermuda to get 4-5 cuttings ?
Yep. most years just 4, but occaissionally the sun and rain come at the right time and right intervals to get 5. I take soil samples the day I cut, each time and the results are back by the time we have it baled, and fertilize to specs each time, soon as the last bale is off the field. This had been a cotton field since the late 1910's til 55 years ago, 1968, when my grandpa decided to sprig it in coastal bermuda.

That is a funny pic! Nice looking calves.
Last year was so dry we were feeding hay in June, now we can't even bale it because it is too wet.. But wow we are thankful!! Finally the river is flowing again.