"AFFORDABLE" Care Act

Help Support CattleToday:

I don't know what insult you're talking about. Through your wife's work- is that an individual family policy bought on the Obamacare exchange?

ga.prime":nq19uole said:
I don't know what insult you're talking about. Through your wife's work- is that an individual family policy bought on the Obamacare exchange?

No it's not. You are correct. Our's is thru my wife's job(however it would cost the same thru my job) and it costs us about $500 a month. Not even close to what it would cost on the exchange.

Heck no it ain't through an exchange. Perhaps I misread but I thought 3way was complimenting blue cross. And so was I. It is a employer provided private insurance policy.

All the class envy folks will like this. My wife's employer is a very large food company. All health insurance is on a progressive scale based on your income. So the more you make the more you pay for same coverage. So we pay more than a shipping guy but get the same benefits.

I should have added that we hit our family deductible as well of 3000 last year on top of the 1700.

And yes inferring I get Obama subsidy and I was bragging is an insult.

AllForage, that's a good argument for getting and keeping a good job with benefits. There's so many variables go into these insurance policies I don't even know why I'm talking about it. I'll try to shut up after this to try and avoid any further misunderstandings. What I was saying was if I bought a policy on the Obama exchange, it would be with Blue Cross, and if it was so good that it covered $100,000 of medical costs for me and I only paid $1700 out of pocket my yearly premiums would probably be in excess of $100,000. Hope that clears up any confusion.

TexasBred":208fssli said:
ga.prime":208fssli said:
True about the partying and having a good time TB but those costs rise more in direct proportion to the real world. The rise in costs of tuition, books, student housing, cafeteria, parking fees, etc. are entirely and grossly disproportionate.

Cold beer was $.25 a can/bottle when I was stated college but that was 20th century.;-)
What was that - Red, White, and Blue? :D You could get a gallon milk jug of draft PBR for $2 at the drive through when I was in school.

3waycross":3n7lvxw0 said:
TexasBred":3n7lvxw0 said:
ga.prime":3n7lvxw0 said:
True about the partying and having a good time TB but those costs rise more in direct proportion to the real world. The rise in costs of tuition, books, student housing, cafeteria, parking fees, etc. are entirely and grossly disproportionate.

Cold beer was $.25 a can/bottle when I was stated college but that was 20th century.;-)

1885?

No way....actually the civil war delayed my graduation. :lol2: :lol2:

TexasBred":2547er9q said:
hurleyjd":2547er9q said:
@Three way: my wife broke her leg about the time you had your accident. Her bill to medicare and the supplement was between $45000 and $50000. Total bill not in yet. How does this compare to your bill for the ankle or leg. She had to have the bones repaired with plates and screws. Just wondering
That was the bill......what the MD and other providers are actually paid will be considerably less and you know that !!!!

No TB that was what medicare and her supplement paid. Also that did have the emergency room bill in it. medicare paid 41000 and the supplement she has picked up the rest.

3waycross":3htpmx1r said:
TexasBred":3htpmx1r said:
ga.prime":3htpmx1r said:

1885?

No way....actually the civil war delayed my graduation. :lol2: :lol2:[/quote]

Organic chemistry delayed mine.

Cold beer was $.25 a can/bottle when I was stated college but that was 20th century.;-)[/quote]

1885?[/quote]

No way....actually the civil war delayed my graduation. :lol2: :lol2:[/quote]

Organic chemistry delayed mine.[/quote]

Algebra II was my downfall.

My Daughters new premiums for the Affordable Care Act Blue Cross Blue Shield went up from $120. per month to $300. per month with a $500. deductable. Affordable, not for her.

Latest posts