A shout out about the drought.

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caustic Burno":3hbzzkmc said:
It all gets down to you wishing bad times on some one so you can have easier times.

Good post.

Wewild":3hbtxmej said:
C HOLLAND":3hbtxmej said:
I guess it's my fault :roll: :roll:

I wouldn't say that.

ok, I must say one more time for the record, I don't want a hurricane, all I pray for everyone in the drought stricken area is to get some rain relief, and maybe have CB smile for a change even if he called us here in Alabama a bunch of HILLBILLYS, and for the Record, I am a transplant from Florida.

I guess he could have called us REDNECKS :lol: :lol:

I am kinda partial to the Beverly Hillbilly's, I loved them critters and Ellie May.

C HOLLAND":jcdhku89 said:
ok, I must say one more time for the record, I don't want a hurricane, all I pray for everyone in the drought stricken area is to get some rain relief, and maybe have CB smile for a change even if he called us here in Alabama a bunch of HILLBILLYS, and for the Record, I am a transplant from Florida.

I guess he could have called us REDNECKS :lol: :lol:

I am kinda partial to the Beverly Hillbilly's, I loved them critters and Ellie May.

Don't really mater when it comes to name calling. There are some fine folks in Texas and the some that ain't. Some of my kin folk went to Texas years back cause they didn't like the rest of us. It's like anywhere else.

My favorite show was when John Wayne showed up at the end and was talking with Granny.

Caustic Burno":2115ffz9 said:
Greed is a funny thing and it shows in tough times.
It all gets down to you wishing bad times on some one so you can have easier times.

Greed is what drives man to be at his best. It is what drives us to work harder. To think up new ideas. To dream. To push one's self. Too take risks. Too endure the tough times. Too achieve. After hunger is gone, it is really the only reason really left to get out of the bed in the morning. This country would be a much better place if those poor souls who are addicted to drugs, alcohol, welfare, crime, feeling sorry for themselves etc would get a little greed. I don't know how you can get so twisted as to ever use it as a slur.

Brandonm2":hjie1h7f said:
Caustic Burno":hjie1h7f said:

Greed is what drives man to be at his best. It is what drives us to work harder. To think up new ideas. To dream. To push one's self. Too take risks. Too endure the tough times. Too achieve. After hunger is gone, it is really the only reason really left to get out of the bed in the morning. This country would be a much better place if those poor souls who are addicted to drugs, alcohol, welfare, crime, feeling sorry for themselves etc would get a little greed. I don't know how you can get so twisted as to ever use it as a slur.

Just lost a lot of respect for you B2. Not that it matters, because your greed doesn't need my respect.

CB's post was one of the best 2 liners on here in a while, the problem is there are so many thinking and posting like you.

Big difference between ambition and greed in my day, maybe not anymore.

ALX

Brandonm2":3lqnmsca said:
Caustic Burno":3lqnmsca said:

I don't agree with that. I don't consider those positive human attributes to be contributed to greed.

I agree that the drugs are causing a problem. Those folks are displaying greed as I understand it.

AngusLimoX":3tjrnssq said:
Brandonm2":3tjrnssq said:
Caustic Burno":3tjrnssq said:

Just lost a lot of respect for you B2. Not that it matters, because your greed doesn't need my respect.

CB's post was one of the best 2 liners on here in a while, the problem is there are so many thinking and posting like you.

Big difference between ambition and greed in my day, maybe not anymore.

ALX

Good post

Wewild":2fkufgsy said:
I don't agree with that. I don't consider those positive human attributes to be contributed to greed.

I agree that the drugs are causing a problem. Those folks are displaying greed as I understand it.

Negative. Those people are controlled by their own lusts. They will sacrifice their family, their future, their careers, their potential, their health......for that special moment where they 'FEEL good'. Those moments of escape are few and far between and ignores the reality of their world. The absolute opposite of greed (or 'ambition' if you are afraid to look the truth in the eye and call it what it is). Greed is wanting that house on the hill, that perfect ranch, the big office, to be able to send your kids to collge, whatever the dream is....so bad that you are willing to frequently pass up a lot of the baser lusts in a singleminded pursuit of your ultimate objective.

Brandonm2":1i17s9jp said:
Greed is wanting that house on the hill, that perfect ranch, the big office, to be able to send your kids to collge, whatever the dream is....so bad that you are willing to frequently pass up a lot of the baser lusts in a singleminded pursuit of your ultimate objective.

We disagree on semantics. I don't call what you call greed. You can call it what you want to. Most folks won't understand your interpretation.

Don't want a house on the hill.
Don't want a big office.
Don't want to send my kids to college again.
Don't want the perfect ranch.
Don't want no more cows.

I just want a Hurricane! :p

I want to save lives and keep down suffering and destruction.

If it comes here in a lesser populated state it could possibly save MILLIONS of lives.

Come on Dean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wewild":3oa1td4j said:
Brandonm2":3oa1td4j said:
Greed is wanting that house on the hill, that perfect ranch, the big office, to be able to send your kids to collge, whatever the dream is....so bad that you are willing to frequently pass up a lot of the baser lusts in a singleminded pursuit of your ultimate objective.

We disagree on semantics. I don't call what you call greed. You can call it what you want to. Most folks won't understand your interpretation.

I don't understand how you are differentiating the difference between greed and ambition (the first is just the derogatory term for the second); but I won't harp on the two points.

MikeC":1txds2y2 said:
Don't want a big office.
Don't want no more cows.

If it comes here in a lesser populated state it could possibly save MILLIONS of lives.

I am not cheering for it YET; but I think a lot of people have an unrealistic and unflattering image of hurricanes. What happens, really......a big tidal surge comes ashore, knocks down a bunch of homes and businesses, and we get a whole lot of rain. It looks bad on tv, but most of the destroyed homes are $250,000 worth of construction sitting on a $1.2 million lot often so close to the ocean that high tide often goes under the house. The owners are millionaires in Birmingham, Atlanta, New York City, or Los Angeles that supplement their income by renting out their houses and condoes to Joe Blow Public types for vacations at $1000-2000 a week. The hurricane knocks it down, the far away dermatologist or investment banker who owns it writes $250,000 off of their taxes, builds it back within 12 months (usually with a govt check) bigger and better than ever......and we get a lot of rain out of it. All the property damage is usually covered by insurance and FEMA.
http://realtysouthorangebeach.com/Listi ... rBar=false

I feel sorry for the poor souls who end up as casualties; BUT when Uncle Sam, the Governor, your Mayor, and your local police and firemen tell you to get in your car and drive 400 miles away and you don't....isn't everything that happens from that point on squarely on you???

Louisiana is the one exception to the rule since the MORONS in Washington came up with the idiotic idea of wasting generations of Americans' tax dollars building dikes to keep the ocean out to their south and the Mississippi River and massive Lake Ponchartrain out to their other side....and in New Orleans case pumping out all the swamp water that normally resides there. They have got farms, ranches, towns, heck whole cities that are BELOW sea level; protected only by miles of dikes. Then they build row after row of public housing in these places and a perfectly normal and predictable hurricanes becomes something much much more serious.

Now on a brighter note.....The beer was ice cold and the steak was delicious tonight at Logans Roadhouse.

The son and his wife actually enjoyed it too, with all their problems as late it was a nice evening, and the lunch that my son and I enjoyed together (the beer was cold then too :)

Eat more beef, and don't forget that your neighbor may have greater needs than you.

Offer him help sometime and don't look for something in return, you will be rewarded for it many times over.

And don't forget to add a prayer for all the people in the path of this latest hurricane, it is not looking good, but if history repeats itself, it will blow out before it hits land.

nta-2.gif

It looks like it is going to Texas And they have had so much rain this month in Texas that they will have virtually no benefit. The ground is waterlogged, the rivers, creeks, and streams are at full pool so ANYTHING that falls is flood water. Ten inches could fall on the whole of the state of Alabama TONIGHT and not one major river would get anywhere near flood stage. It does seem like such a major waste of good water.

Brandonm2":utmc9wge said:
MikeC":utmc9wge said:
Don't want a big office.
Don't want no more cows.

I am not cheering for it YET; but I think a lot of people have an unrealistic and unflattering image of hurricanes. What happens, really......a big tidal surge comes ashore, knocks down a bunch of homes and businesses, and we get a whole lot of rain. It looks bad on tv, but most of the destroyed homes are $250,000 worth of construction sitting on a $1.2 million lot often so close to the ocean that high tide often goes under the house. The owners are millionaires in Birmingham, Atlanta, New York City, or Los Angeles that supplement their income by renting out their houses and condoes to Joe Blow Public types for vacations at $1000-2000 a week. The hurricane knocks it down, the far away dermatologist or investment banker who owns it writes $250,000 off of their taxes, builds it back within 12 months (usually with a govt check) bigger and better than ever......and we get a lot of rain out of it. All the property damage is usually covered by insurance and FEMA.
http://realtysouthorangebeach.com/Listi ... rBar=false

I feel sorry for the poor souls who end up as casualties; BUT when Uncle Sam, the Governor, your Mayor, and your local police and firemen tell you to get in your car and drive 400 miles away and you don't....isn't everything that happens from that point on squarely on you???

Louisiana is the one exception to the rule since the MORONS in Washington came up with the idiotic idea of wasting generations of Americans' tax dollars building dikes to keep the ocean out to their south and the Mississippi River and massive Lake Ponchartrain out to their other side....and in New Orleans case pumping out all the swamp water that normally resides there. They have got farms, ranches, towns, heck whole cities that are BELOW sea level; protected only by miles of dikes. Then they build row after row of public housing in these places and a perfectly normal and predictable hurricanes becomes something much much more serious.

It is obvious you are totally ignorant on hurricanes 30% of the homes in this county were destoyed by Rita the average per captia income is 25K a year .
You think its alright to destroy a few rich peoples homes and what the heck if there are million's of hard working families that get wiped out. A 26 foot storm surge like in Carla would put half the homes from Galveston to Houston under water.
I bet you would cry and scream like a school girl if you had to ride one out.

Been there done that and have the T-shirt to prove it. I was ALONE on a 2400 sow hog farm with no power, the generator out, the curtains failing, no pumps running, and the eye of Hurricane Fran (1996) going right over the top of us. I don't think there was a power pole standing within 10 miles of us in any direction the next day much less any power and my trailer got twisted three ways from sunday and I didn't have the slightest idea where any of the cows were. If folks live in a hurricane prone area they can pay for homeowner's insurance or they need to sell out and move inland and not whine about it.

The company got a fat check for every tiny bit of storm damage as I am sure most of your Hurricane Rita neighbors got or will get too.

Brandonm2":3rz1644l said:
Been there done that and have the T-shirt to prove it. I was ALONE on a 2400 sow hog farm with no power, the generator out, the curtains failing, no pumps running, and the eye of Hurricane Fran (1996) going right over the top of us. I don't think there was a power pole standing within 10 miles of us in any direction the next day much less any power and my trailer got twisted three ways from sunday and I didn't have the slightest idea where any of the cows were. If folks live in a hurricane prone area they can pay for homeowner's insurance or they need to sell out and move inland and not whine about it.

The company got a fat check for every tiny bit of storm damage as I am sure most of your Hurricane Rita neighbors got or will get too.

I bet that was scary riding out a storm packing a maximum of 120 mph winds.

It is quite evident you have become upset that some hardship has come to your corner of the world.
Sure sounds like a lot of whine from you over a drought maybe you need to move a little closer to the coast or sell out and get a 8 to 4 job. Maybe you should look at an occupation that is not effected by the weather so much. I am sorry you are going through tough times, wishing bad things for others is a poor way to get out of them.

Apparently you are not very familar with the way insurance works either after deprecations. Yes my insurace company paid me for damages after Rita and I only had to pull 40,000 frog hides out to put everthing back together. Thank goodness I live 80 miles inland, I got off cheap compared to those poor working people in the coastal areas that lost everything. You sound like a very bitter person, mad at the people that pay insurance to protect investments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts