Dark out

Help Support CattleToday:

Point taken. Although @Rancher might tell you I'm just another dang southerner.
That is true. There is a sign up on the freeway saying that you are crossing the 45th parallel which is half way between the north pole and the equator. I am south of that sign by a couple miles so I am a southerner.

@Dave ; You're right and I much prefer the morning daylight to the evening... always have. But my son hates it because of not getting off work until 4:30 so it is nearly dark by the time he gets to the barn in the evening... and it is still pretty dark in the morning. I can see his point but I sure like it better on standard time.

Time never changes...just the hands on a clock do.
What DOES irritate me and always has, is that some of the hardware, lumber and even feed stores changed their hours when the day comes to move the clock back. Crap still breaks down and the farm work still went on no matter what the dang clock hand said!!

I doesn't matter to me. I go to bed at 10:00 and get up at 5:00. Only difference is how long I have to wait for it to get light in the morning and how long the evening is before I go to bed.
At my house in the dead of winter the sun doesn't hit the house until 10 and it goes back behind the hills at 2:00. Daylight sooner and longer but the sun is behind the hills not bright sunlight.

I usually make the transition pretty easy but not looking forward to this time change as I've already been waking up a couple hours earlier than I want to. Not looking forward to another hour before bedtime either. Internal clock is all messed up!

I am probably the odd man out. I like standard time. I have always been a morning person... liked it when it was light early, do a day's work, come in and "quit for the night " at a decent hour . I always seem to be behind and "late" on daylight savings time.

Latest posts