A shout out about the drought.

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sir Loin":9toj4siy said:
CB,

I think you are starting to take life just a little bit too seriously.
Re:
There is nothing good about a hurricane good hard working people somewhere are going to lose homes and lives.
OK that's your opinion and you're entitled to it, but you need to take that up with Mother Nature or God because it does look like they are here to stay or learn to accept the inevitable and learn to deal with it.
It is my opinion that hurricanes serve a useful purpose. One being they provide rain, lots of rain.
So if we must have a hurricane, and I need rain, lots of rain, the sooner the better as far as I'm concerned.

Re:
I have a heck of a sense of humor I just don't find people suffering humorus. In the county I live in 30% of the homes were destroyed in Rita.
You (et al) have my condolences for any and all loses you may have suffered. I sincerely hope you have learned how to better deal with these inevitable tragedies.

As it seems you are having an emotional problem dealing with this reality of life (hurricanes) I suggest you consider moving further away from the coast where the devastation is always the greatest.

But be sure you don't move into tornado alley, or to Hawaii where volcanoes erupt daily.
SL
sarcasm.gif

OH, and one more thing.
If you live below sea level with only a dirt dike between you and the deep blue sea, built by the lowest bidder and designed and maintained by government workers,
sign.gif

No I am not taking life to serious there are always people that are just greedy, I want rain for myself I don't care how many people suffer. It just says a lot about your character or lack of.

Hey, we got rain and it's actually running off the roof,,,,and I am smiling and no one was actually harmed by me wanting the rain, actually my neighbor got more than me and he probally needed it, or maybe he is not on this forum and arguing with people about who is kidding and when it's ok to kid.

Hey CB, I don't think anyone on here means you or anyone any harm for wanting rain, and with that good night to all and may you all get what God's plan has in store for you according to his plans, not ours.

Why not":2j45siso said:
Seems like humor is one sided sometimes and that means only if its someone else displaying it. Even put the old smilies along with the posts Some people couldnt be pleased if you hung them with a new rope. ;-) ;-)

I saved our PM's. You weren't that nice. I think I would not be found wanting. Smiles would be a BS for me anyway as that ain't true.

Maybe you have been 2 timing.
I was wondering where you have been.

PM me again.

Why not":3qvc9nh0 said:
Thats just one persons opinion by the way what would make you think i was refering to you?

Why dont you frame them?

Couldn't we just go back to when you left me. I was devastated you left in a huff. I would guess I'm your Huckleberry.

The rest of the folks here don't need our dirty laundry.

Caustic Burno":1hjsu5f5 said:
No I am not taking life to serious there are always people that are just greedy, I want rain for myself I don't care how many people suffer. It just says a lot about your character or lack of.

It all depends on how you want to look at it. THIS may be a little hard way to look at it.......It is BAD when somebody dies, unexpectedly; but IF a hurricane can hydrate a few million acres of ground, provide the feed that will save the lives of thousands of cows, deer, horses, etc this winter, replenish the underground wells and resevoirs that millions of people depend on AND end a heat wave which is killing people every day a dozen or so lives (of folks who were told to evacuate) really seems like a more than fair trade. I am not praying that Hurricane Dean turns hard and goes at maximum force into Alabama, but I am not praying that it doesn't either.

Brandonm2":1pyme60l said:
Caustic Burno":1pyme60l said:

It all depends on how you want to look at it. THIS may be a little hard way to look at it.......It is BAD when somebody dies, unexpectedly; but IF a hurricane can hydrate a few million acres of ground, provide the feed that will save the lives of thousands of cows, deer, horses, etc this winter, replenish the underground wells and resevoirs that millions of people depend on AND end a heat wave which is killing people every day a dozen or so lives (of folks who were told to evacuate) really seems like a more than fair trade. I am not praying that Hurricane Dean turns hard and goes at maximum force into Alabama, but I am not praying that it doesn't either.

Not all the cows, horses deer etc in Al. are worth one life.This is really a poor arguement as many of them will drown and die horrible deaths in a hurricane.The problem is it is a strain or yor back pocket right now not mine thats the hard way I look at it. I hate seeing anyone in a drought as they are no fun at all have been through several. At the same time I am not wishing tornadoes, floods, loss of electricity and medical services to millions for weeks and months. Turn off your electricity for the next two months as well as your water, empty all the grocery stores for at least a couple of weeks, don't expect any fuel for weeks so a few hillbillies can get some rain.
Hurricane Carla started as a small storm in the Gulf of Mexico, ... One million head of livestock drowned
library.thinkquest.org/C003603/english/hurricanes/casestudies.shtml.

I am sorry for your drought and know how horrible they can be as I have lived an operated through several. I wish I could share some of my rain.

Caustic Burno":36homnk2 said:
Brandonm2":36homnk2 said:
Caustic Burno":36homnk2 said:

Not all the cows, horses deer etc in Al. are worth one life.This is really a poor arguement as many of them will drown and die horrible deaths in a hurricane.The problem is it is a strain or yor back pocket right now not mine thats the hard way I look at it. I hate seeing anyone in a drought as they are no fun at all have been through several. At the same time I am not wishing tornadoes, floods, loss of electricity and medical services to millions for weeks and months. Turn off your electricity for the next two months as well as your water, empty all the grocery stores for at least a couple of weeks, don't expect any fuel for weeks so a few hillbillies can get some rain.
Hurricane Carla started as a small storm in the Gulf of Mexico, ... One million head of livestock drowned
library.thinkquest.org/C003603/english/hurricanes/casestudies.shtml.

I am sorry for your drought and know how horrible they can be as I have lived an operated through several. I wish I could share some of my rain.

This post has got way off track and WHY, to make me or you look like the villian or the one that suffered the biggest tragedy.

I am done watching this post and my only regret is that people can't just read a post and take it for it's worth and quit turning it into something else.

I do believe most of the people on here are not near as HARD Hearted as they seem with their post.

have a great day everyone, and try to smile and even laugh at your own humor.

May God truly be a blessing to all.

Why not":31tkahz0 said:
I must say the pms i received were all from women. Didnt receive any from any men that were upset with my joking.

Hmm..... you PM me. Maybe you could help me understand.

imagine what the weather would be like if man controled it.

As a matter of fact,man (government) does control the weather to a certain degree.They can cause earthquakes,steer hurricanes,cause droughts,etc.They have the technology (tesla).Don't have to take my word for it,you can do a search and get more information than you want about it.

That said, it is hot and dry here in Arkansas again.July was cooler than usual,and we got some good rain,big change from last year when I was feeding hay in july.So far in august,we have had no rain,temps at 100+,heat index 110 - 115.What moisture we had is gone.Unable to rotate pastures because there is no recovery(the grass is not growing).I do have some stockpiled crab grass,bermuda,etc,but it is dry and like feeding hay.I have another 15 acres left that I will have to put them on in another week.We,like Dun,have had a little moderation of the temps the last couple of days,with a small chance of rain.Sure hope we get some.I hope Texas is spared anymore rain for awhile and that it moves northeast to cover us,and the folks in Tennesee,Missisippi,Alabama,and Georgia,as well as anyone else that needs it.I hear that it is also rough in Minnesota,with bred cows going for slaughter prices! It is a hard time to be in the cattle business,cost of everything going up,people not wanting to give you anything for your product,same prices as 2 - 3 years ago,and sometimes not as good! All we can do,is dig in and hold on until it rains! I would ask that everyone pray for everyone else in the business as well as themselves. :(

CB,
Re:
"only an evil person"
there are always people that are just greedy"
"It just says a lot about your character or lack of."

blahblah.gif
grits.gif

SL

Caustic Burno":ari3buwz said:
Not all the cows, horses deer etc in Al. are worth one life.

Lets not get ludicrous. We make decisions to kill and/or gamble our own people's lives for far smaller economic interests than that. Hundreds of wars have been fought for economics....including small wars over cows in pre-Christian Ireland and even in the American old West. Go steal fifty cows from some primitive cattle herding tribe in Africa and see what happens to you.

Caustic Burno":ari3buwz said:
This is really a poor arguement as many of them will drown and die horrible deaths in a hurricane.

True, but more will eat as a result of the rain. In the old west, you would lose some cows on any cattle drive too. Those (while unfortunate) were usually acceptable losses for the benefit received. I think right now (especially given that flooding is almost impossible given the drought) the damage done by a storm would be acceptable losses compared to the gain from the water. Sadly, the Lord has not put me in charge of the weather for me to actually make these decisions for him, YET.

If you are in Mexico join those on the gulf coast and help to push Dean to the US east coast.
wave.gif
wave.gif

SPRINGER FARMS MURRAY GRE":nyllr1da said:
imagine what the weather would be like if man controled it.

As a matter of fact,man (government) does control the weather to a certain degree.They can cause earthquakes,steer hurricanes,cause droughts,etc.They have the technology (tesla).Don't have to take my word for it,you can do a search and get more information than you want about it.

You better get in out of the heat, it's starting to affect you :lol: :lol:

Wewild":2a8n2vth said:
C HOLLAND":2a8n2vth said:
MikeC":2a8n2vth said:
I want a Hurricane! :lol:

Chill pill express on the way to Mike's :lol: and Mike you supply the :drink:

Welcome back.

C HOLLAND":2a8n2vth said:
I am done watching this post

Thanks for the welcome, I just can't believe how bad this post has turned.

I guess it's my fault :roll: :roll:

Brandonm2":2bdmfpuw said:
Caustic Burno":2bdmfpuw said:
Not all the cows, horses deer etc in Al. are worth one life.

Lets not get ludicrous. We make decisions to kill and/or gamble our own people's lives for far smaller economic interests than that. Hundreds of wars have been fought for economics....including small wars over cows in pre-Christian Ireland and even in the American old West. Go steal fifty cows from some primitive cattle herding tribe in Africa and see what happens to you.

Caustic Burno":2bdmfpuw said:
This is really a poor arguement as many of them will drown and die horrible deaths in a hurricane.

True, but more will eat as a result of the rain. In the old west, you would lose some cows on any cattle drive too. Those (while unfortunate) were usually acceptable losses for the benefit received. I think right now (especially given that flooding is almost impossible given the drought) the damage done by a storm would be acceptable losses compared to the gain from the water. Sadly, the Lord has not put me in charge of the weather for me to actually make these decisions for him, YET.

Greed is a funny thing and it shows in tough times.
It all gets down to you wishing bad times on some one so you can have easier times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts