2nd attempt at bread

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
Well it was better tasted like bread but ugly as He.. my wifes best friend was here and ate half a loaf and said it was so good we finished one loaf off had a great taste think I put too much in the pans recipe said split dough.

Wife told me not to put those 3 packs of highly active yeast in there but last time it didn't rise so I did but this time whoa nelly it rose out the bowl and fell to the counter I forgot to take a pic of that.

ResizedImage_1414362752368_zpsbad46c6b.jpg

ResizedImage_1414362711424_zps7937e27a.jpg

ResizedImage_1414362711853_zps42c8ca89.jpg

My mother is a pro at it.. we also mill our own flour.

A recipe I remember is 3 ladles of our flour, 2 ladles of store bought 'whole wheat' flour, 1 ladle of white flour, about a heaped teaspoon of "Fermipan" dry yeast, and salt. mix well, let rise for a couple hours, bake. Made a really good bread.

If we didn't have our own flour I swear I'd starve. Even if we buy whole wheat bread from the local bakery it doesn't have the nutritional value to keep me fed while working hard until lunch.

Nesikep":1v87uy7k said:
My mother is a pro at it.. we also mill our own flour.

A recipe I remember is 3 ladles of our flour, 2 ladles of store bought 'whole wheat' flour, 1 ladle of white flour, about a heaped teaspoon of "Fermipan" dry yeast, and salt. mix well, let rise for a couple hours, bake. Made a really good bread.

If we didn't have our own flour I swear I'd starve. Even if we buy whole wheat bread from the local bakery it doesn't have the nutritional value to keep me fed while working hard until lunch.

:lol2:

hillsdown":3lkwq7ax said:
That looks good Sky and a lot lighter than the last pic you posted of your bread . :lol: :tiphat:

LOL yea the other was a flour brick

Limomike":3lkwq7ax said:
put some butter and honey on it and it will be good as ever.

:nod: I put butter and garlic powder on mine

skyhightree1":2fnxe96z said:
hillsdown":2fnxe96z said:
That looks good Sky and a lot lighter than the last pic you posted of your bread . :lol: :tiphat:

Limomike":2fnxe96z said:

No cheese ???? Are you feeling ok?? I'll bet it tastes plenty good!

Hook":2e8n2q1q said:
skyhightree1":2e8n2q1q said:
hillsdown":2e8n2q1q said:

Limomike":2e8n2q1q said:

No cheese ???? Are you feeling ok?? I'll bet it tastes plenty good!

I know... I know... I didn't have any provolone to put on it :lol2:

dieselbeef":2e8n2q1q said:
don't matter what it looks like...

True statement

Looks great! It just takes time getting the hang of it. My favorite recipe is in Enclopedia of Country Living. Lots of bread making info in there.
My favorite was fresh bread with butter on top with home made apple sauce on top!

I luv herfrds":vl6eqkfy said:
Looks great! It just takes time getting the hang of it. My favorite recipe is in Enclopedia of Country Living. Lots of bread making info in there.
My favorite was fresh bread with butter on top with home made apple sauce on top!

ILH's I tell ya that's what im gonna eat next time you got my mouth set on that.

skyhightree1":2j7bmq02 said:
I luv herfrds":2j7bmq02 said:

ILH's I tell ya that's what im gonna eat next time you got my mouth set on that.
Give up man....buy a can of biscuits. :lol: :lol: :hide:

Would you care to share your recipe? That bread looks very good. My step-mom makes bread occasionally. (that means not often enough to suit me :lol2: )

Latest posts