2015 hunting season

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno":3hs2rjaj said:
Screw that I am deer hunting not sitting around the house to hunt dogs.

:lol: I have GPS and tracking collars on them only time I look for mine is if there not home in a day or if I hunt somewhere there not familiar with.

I flew down to the high grounds once the dogs jumped and this is what came

ResizedImage_1451180417484_zpsp7napcyf.jpg

Dr. cleared me yesterday to go sit in a deer stand with a very light recoil firearm.
Think today I will take my Model 92 and load it with some hot 44 specials makes a decent deer or hog
gun out to 90 to 100 yards with virtually no recoil. Psychologically it will help to just go sit and watch.
I could use all the help I can get in that department.
I would have to call someone to come and get it if I shot something anyway. He won't let me drive my
Mule for another three months and restricted to picking up 15 lbs.
No muzzleloader season for me this year.

Very sad next few days our deer season ends Saturday and I will have to go back to work...... Unless I win the powerball.. lol

We finish up on the 10th here in Georgia. But Alabama stays open till 2/10.

ram said:
We finish up on the 10th here in Georgia. But Alabama stays open till 2/10.[/quote

They cut down on the doe days here this year so we been hunting in areas where everything goes. Have yall got any of that blue tongue and lost a sizable chunk of your population this year?

No blue tongue that I know of around here. But I don't know what to look for.

ram":3v66am44 said:
No blue tongue that I know of around here. But I don't know what to look for.

find deer dead near water.. swollen tongues mouth area.. drooling a lot.. tongue does look blue sometimes but we had mostly lame deer with hooves that were cracked and pieces of the hoof broken off with meat showing. I hope you never get it ours will be atleast 5 years before they get back to where they were the game dept thinks.

Sky, the first year we bought our property we only saw 8 deer total between 4 of us. We bought 4 Sweeney feeders and planted 10 acres of iron & clay peas during the summer. The next season we saw 28 different bucks and no telling how many does. In one year the difference was unbelievable. But we didn't kill any deer till the 3rd year, you can't build a deer herd up and allow people to shoot does. The fix is really simple, except that the people can't manage themselves, and the GFC won't stop hunting for a season or two because of the loss of $money.

ram":1ze4uwlt said:
Sky, the first year we bought our property we only saw 8 deer total between 4 of us. We bought 4 Sweeney feeders and planted 10 acres of iron & clay peas during the summer. The next season we saw 28 different bucks and no telling how many does. In one year the difference was unbelievable. But we didn't kill any deer till the 3rd year, you can't build a deer herd up and allow people to shoot does. The fix is really simple, except that the people can't manage themselves, and the GFC won't stop hunting for a season or two because of the loss of $money.

This is true... I haven't killed many deer on any of our family lands this year but the places my group and I hunt we kill every deer we can or they take away the hunting rights.

Last day of the 15-16 season. I shot this one and glad I did so he couldn't spread the warts he had. I guess I will have to start working again

ResizedImage_1451785897508_zpshjmyesvc.jpg

I saw a massive 10 point last night; it was my last opportunity to take a buck for the year. He was on the other side of the fence from me on the neighbor's property. He never jumped the fence onto our property, so I didn't shoot. I saw him for about 5 seconds before he disappeared, but he was the biggest deer that I had seen all year! I will definitely be looking for him during the 2016-2017 season. Hopefully I can take a doe or two before the extended doe season closes.

Backbone Ranch":4qg83t7a said:
I saw a massive 10 point last night; it was my last opportunity to take a buck for the year. He was on the other side of the fence from me on the neighbor's property. He never jumped the fence onto our property, so I didn't shoot. I saw him for about 5 seconds before he disappeared, but he was the biggest deer that I had seen all year! I will definitely be looking for him during the 2016-2017 season. Hopefully I can take a doe or two before the extended doe season closes.

One of the hardest things in life (for a hunter) is having the ethics to pass on a big buck across the fence. Great job. Next year he will be a 12 point grossing n the mid 170s. And you will get him. (Probably not but it sounded good) more people should have ethics like you though, all jokes aside.

The bucks are out with the yearling does now. Shot a small doe that had 3 bucks with her yesterday, and seen 7 other bucks Saturday. Sure wish we had another week of season. I'm planning on killing 5 more does in the morning and that should about do it.

JMJ Farms":3ui47y7w said:
Backbone Ranch":3ui47y7w said:

One of the hardest things in life (for a hunter) is having the ethics to pass on a big buck across the fence. Great job. Next year he will be a 12 point grossing n the mid 170s. And you will get him. (Probably not but it sounded good) more people should have ethics like you though, all jokes aside.

X2 , Good job on respecting the property lines, many don't.

Latest posts