2015 hunting season

Help Support CattleToday:

I decided im not ready to work yet so ill rabbit hunt this week. killed one yesterday too cold to go today and windy

Well the work begins tomorrow. Looks like we still need 5 or 6 more deer. I'm making 100lbs of slim Jims and snack sticks, 50lbs smoked Italian sausage and 50lbs of smoked jalapeno sausage. Might just make a batch or 2 of summer sausage also.

There's still a couple of deer left in the woods by the house. I have about a quarter mile radius around the house that's a no hunting zone, and the deer know it.

Cable that is wired to the floor that runs up through eyes on the top of the trap
to the door trip. This has been the best design I have used until now for coons.
Takes a hog rooting around to trip it usually.

I don't deer hunt but still chasing beaver here. Got another one last night with .22 around 11pm. That's 3, but with all the rain, pond level keeps coming up and I can't get to the traps.

greybeard":hmsuir9e said:
I don't deer hunt but still chasing beaver here. Got another one last night with .22 around 11pm. That's 3, but with all the rain, pond level keeps coming up and I can't get to the traps.

I have about retired my 22LR and Mag for lack of quality ammo.
I still have several bricks of each of CCI Stingers and Winchester in 22 mag.
All you can find here is junk unless you want to pay robbery prices.
I have went to my 44 rifles with hot 44 specials handles most anything out to a 100 yards
and I can reload them.
Hate to shoot my stockpile of good stuff until it becomes available here again if it ever does.
Dun probably remembers I had the Lee reloader for 22 LR they made a 100 years ago.
Priming was the problem only about 2 out of 3 would shoot.

Caustic Burno":2tqb8k1b said:
greybeard":2tqb8k1b said:

I have about retired my 22LR and Mag for lack of quality ammo.
I still have several bricks of each of CCI Stingers and Winchester in 22 mag.
All you can find here is junk unless you want to pay robbery prices.
I have went to my 44 rifles with hot 44 specials handles most anything out to a 100 yards
and I can reload them.
Hate to shoot my stockpile of good stuff until it becomes available here again if it ever does.
Dun probably remembers I had the Lee reloader for 22 LR they made a 100 years ago.
Priming was the problem only about 2 out of 3 would shoot.

I've had the same problem with 22 LR and 22 mag. So I've started using my .17. It's a sweet shooting caliber and ammo is easy to come by here. For now.

CB, I don't have any advice on how to deal with the coons. Maybe let sky come down and run me with his dogs :lol2:

JMJ Farms":hvcgy1u0 said:
I've had the same problem with 22 LR and 22 mag. So I've started using my .17. It's a sweet shooting caliber and ammo is easy to come by here. For now.
I love the .17 HMR. Those Hornady V-Max bullets are like dynamite.

ga.prime":10c2s8kg said:
JMJ Farms":10c2s8kg said:

Yes they are ga prime. That's about all I shoot any more in my .17 and my deer rifles.

ga.prime":knketnx7 said:
JMJ Farms":knketnx7 said:
ga.prime":knketnx7 said:
Good work, True Grit.

Them georgia boys across the branch don't play :tiphat:
Hoping some of mine will migrate over there and meet the same fate. :lol2:

I know I don't want to wind up in front of their stand. It seems they shoot pretty straight :clap:

ga.prime":3lgho79h said:
JMJ Farms":3lgho79h said:

I love my .17hm stays in my truck with me wherever I go.

Good job TG lol I remember those days of killing deer like that it was a few years ago :lol2: I been rabbit hunting everyday and kill one or two here and there apparently the rabbit population is down 80% here so says wildlife biologist

Latest posts