2005 Black Herefords

Help Support CattleToday:

txag":sonxo8mm said:
texbulldog":sonxo8mm said:
All I know is that at the sale the black hided calves bring $10 to $12 per hunderd more than the others. If you don't believe me check it out for yourself.

what sale? i've checked it out at our salebarn. we run black brangus bulls on our commercial herefords. occasionally we'll get a bull that's a red carrier & half of his calves will be red. no difference in price if the quality is the same. :)
I wish it was like that in South Carolina.

txag":2o056zsp said:
texbulldog":2o056zsp said:
All I know is that at the sale the black hided calves bring $10 to $12 per hunderd more than the others. If you don't believe me check it out for yourself.

what sale? i've checked it out at our salebarn. we run black brangus bulls on our commercial herefords. occasionally we'll get a bull that's a red carrier & half of his calves will be red. no difference in price if the quality is the same. :)

What salebarn is that? Must be one of those backwoods small barns.

rgv4":1myr0397 said:
What salebarn is that? Must be one of those backwoods small barns.

no, the backwoods sale barns are the ones where the buyers can't tell the difference in quality & just buy black. fortunately we have informed order buyers who can see beneath the hide color!

You still didn't answer the question of what salebarn? Where?

Caldwell, Milano, Bryan? Where ?????????

Maybe she doesn't want to narrow it down too much. Lots of flakes on the www and she might not want to give them directions to her world. I'll go on record that red will bring what black brings in my area also, all other aspects being more or less equal. Heck, a good yellow calf or Hereford won't be docked if it's the same size and quality. Just about the time you think you're detecting a preference a string of non-blacks will come through and they will bring as much or more. And no, I'm not naming the sales I go to either.

Craig-TX

texbulldog":21qeex0x said:
TLCfromARK":21qeex0x said:
Very nice, calves and picture also. Are they out of "Black Herefords" on both sides or is "Monty" running on some normal colored Herefords?

;-)
Monty is running with both registerd blackherefords and registered red herefords. These two calves come from some red hereford cows. These happen to be a bull and a heifer born 10 days apart.

Thanks for the reply, how old was the two calves when the picture was made? Also I checked out your web site, it's set up really nice, great pictures!

;-)

Visit our website at http://www.jbarbcattle.com We are definitely a small outfit, for now.

Very very nice website~!!! Lots of great cattle photos.

I noticed the dogs in your photos--are they working cowdogs ?
And are those quarter horses ?

Thank you for posting the website and the info.

No doubt, you will do well with your cattle. :D

Yeah, It is a nice looking herd of beef cattle you have. I have never seen a Black Baldy bull in with hereford or HerefordXAngus cattle, but I guess thats fine. I have always ued Hereford bulls on Hereford cows. Thats all I raise is Polled Herefords and I am a registered herd. I will have to look into the Black Hereford breed.

I have a 2005 model black hereford too!!!

panda.jpg
[/img]

CowCop":2mu5tc0r said:
Visit our website at http://www.jbarbcattle.com We are definitely a small outfit, for now.

Very very nice website~!!! Lots of great cattle photos.

I noticed the dogs in your photos--are they working cowdogs ?
And are those quarter horses ?

Yes, all of our horses are quarter horses and the dogs are learning to work the cattle.

Thank you for posting the website and the info.

No doubt, you will do well with your cattle. :D

TLCfromARK":1k3smtpn said:
texbulldog":1k3smtpn said:
TLCfromARK":1k3smtpn said:
Very nice, calves and picture also. Are they out of "Black Herefords" on both sides or is "Monty" running on some normal colored Herefords?

;-)
Monty is running with both registerd blackherefords and registered red herefords. These two calves come from some red hereford cows. These happen to be a bull and a heifer born 10 days apart.

Thanks for the reply, how old was the two calves when the picture was made? Also I checked out your web site, it's set up really nice, great pictures!

;-)

One calf was born on March 2 and the other March 12 in
Abilene Texas. We have also purchased some Maine Anjou black cows and have breed these to Monty also. Calves due in October. Hoping for all black on these commercial cows.

Latest posts