2005 Black Herefords

Help Support CattleToday:

texbulldog

Reaction score
Some new models from our 2 year old bull Monty. Pretty as a picture.
new_babies_2.JPG

Caustic Burno":1hfo70br said:
I got some of the baldies too, never called em black Herefords. White Face Angus sounds better.

prolly market better with the Angus in the name....

I'll have to get pics of the to or three cows that would probably be registerable "Black Herefords" that we have.... Still baldies to me...

Yes sir those are very very pretty!! Guess your a dairy man Texas Bulldog?? I used to see a lot of you guys using Hereford bulls on holstein cows..mark up a calf just like those. I know you surely didnt use a Holstein bull on hereford cows did you????

texbulldog, purty beeves.Are they heifers? If so, next spring I'd breed 'em AI to Bando 9074. Tell me to kiss your butt if you want to, but that's what I'd do.

Too much white to be considered baldies around here. They sure are pretty though. :D

After you register those two calves the number of registrations in the Black Hereford Assoc will be what? 10? 12?

What exactly is it you promote and have to offer above a red hereford except a black hide and fewer choices?

Very nice, calves and picture also. Are they out of "Black Herefords" on both sides or is "Monty" running on some normal colored Herefords?

;-)

i agree with shorty... call em what you want.. i call em nice looking calves..

jt

Classy looking calves.

Would love to see more photos of your cows and Mr Monty.

Welcome to the boards Texbulldog.

TLCfromARK":26wfiypt said:
Very nice, calves and picture also. Are they out of "Black Herefords" on both sides or is "Monty" running on some normal colored Herefords?

;-)
Monty is running with both registerd blackherefords and registered red herefords. These two calves come from some red hereford cows. These happen to be a bull and a heifer born 10 days apart.

ga. prime":1yaap111 said:
texbulldog, purty beeves.Are they heifers? If so, next spring I'd breed 'em AI to Bando 9074. Tell me to kiss your butt if you want to, but that's what I'd do.
Thanks for the advice, I'll consider the source.

ga. prime":3gskgku2 said:
Thanks for the advice, I'll consider the source.

Ferdinand D Bull":14a43edo said:
After you register those two calves the number of registrations in the Black Hereford Assoc will be what? 10? 12?

What exactly is it you promote and have to offer above a red hereford except a black hide and fewer choices?

All I know is that at the sale the black hided calves bring $10 to $12 per hunderd more than the others. If you don't believe me check it out for yourself.

texbulldog":yxdwm308 said:
All I know is that at the sale the black hided calves bring $10 to $12 per hunderd more than the others. If you don't believe me check it out for yourself.

what sale? i've checked it out at our salebarn. we run black brangus bulls on our commercial herefords. occasionally we'll get a bull that's a red carrier & half of his calves will be red. no difference in price if the quality is the same. :)

Latest posts