07 Red Angus Bull Calves

Help Support CattleToday:

look in good condition for the condition's their in. if they do good on that they sho nuff easy keepers. thank the LORD its been raining lately the pastures are wake'in back up..... nice cattle

Looks good Sage!!! They should way up pretty good.

I recognize the brand on the left cow. Not sure about the other one though.

The cow on the left we purchased from Chuck Feddes Red Angus a few years ago and the one on the right came from Charles Kimm Red Angus. We bought 10 cows from Kimm and they are a little big but the calves are exceptional.

I it is a hot brand, not sure if an electric iron was used. Typical BLM dryland pasture. This is some of our private land that borders BLM, this is a bad representation of the pasture the pictures were taken near a water sourse andthe hill side in the background is very rocky. This piece of property is about 620 acres and has had 50 some pairs on it since the first part of May.

Here is a pic of anothe calf from the opposite angle that shows the hillsides a little better. The pasture produces much better than its looks would make you think.

http://cattletoday.com/photos/showgalle ... i=100_0593

The brand is CF Bar not CR. It stands for Chuck Feddes of Feddes Red Angus. The Feddes's are good people and raise good cattle. I was out there a few years back, and was pretty impressed. I did a tour of Klompien, Feddes, and Kimm. Wish I could have made it to Green Mountain too, but could not get a hold of them. Oh well, next time.

BRG next time you go for a little tour give me a shout, visitors are always welcome and I find they have very good ideas about stuff that "stares you in the face" but you don't realize there might be room for improvement. Same goes for visiting other ranches, I always come home with great ideas. Sounds like you had a good tour before I know Kimms and Feddedes very well and spent a winter night calving for Green Mountain several years ago. Started our herd with females from these three herds and 5L out of Sheridan MT.

Sounds good to me. I would love to get out there this fall, but I know it isn't going to happen. It will sometime though. Thanks for the invite.

Bryan

Latest posts