Would you buy a dog from....

Help Support CattleToday:

Beef11

Reaction score
http://www.puppyfind.com/redirect/?acct ... ya726p2l5r

I found that link on puppyfind, The name of the kennel is Okefeild acres I get the feeling that they misspelled field unless it is a weird play that i don't understand. The question is would you buy a dog or any critter from a place that misspells their own name? I have seen people advertise and spell the name of their breed wrong, it always turns me off but i often give them the benefit thinking maybe whoever typed it up made the error.

I think that the name is really Okefeild Acres. They spell it that way numerous times on the website. I believe its pronounced "oakfeld" instead of "oakfield" and they have the correct spelling of their own kennel name.

I noticed that they always spell it okefeild. The pictures they had of the field with the oak tree in it made me think Oak field. Although it may very well be oak feld. Maybe i'll call and ask. They always spell the breeds they raise correctly (atleast i didn't notice any misspells) which goes along way in insuring competence.

I wouldn't buy from them for a totally different reason...

...the dogs aren't shown in any sort of competition or any sort, and they don't appear to do any health certs like OFA or CERF on hips, elbows, or eyes. You have a lot better chance of ending up with a sound dog if you buy from a breeder that puts that extra work into their breeding stock.

I'd liken it to buying a bull from a registered herd with 10 generations of data behind him versus buying from the guy down the street who can't give you even a BW on the bull calf you're looking at.

milkmaid":22p080zz said:
I wouldn't buy from them for a totally different reason...

...the dogs aren't shown in any sort of competition or any sort, and they don't appear to do any health certs like OFA or CERF on hips, elbows, or eyes. You have a lot better chance of ending up with a sound dog if you buy from a breeder that puts that extra work into their breeding stock.

I'd liken it to buying a bull from a registered herd with 10 generations of data behind him versus buying from the guy down the street who can't give you even a BW on the bull calf you're looking at.

And you'll still often hear a cattle farmer saying that he doesn't need a good registered bull because his cows isn't worth much.

Ever wondered why the cows isn't worth crap?

I agree with Milkmaid, buy the best dog from the best breeder you can afford and you're less likely to buy a dud, whether its hips or shoulders, or possibly even more important, disposition.

They are in Missouri also known as "The puppy mill state" which makes me wonder. I recently bred my Dog to a stud with 40 Champions in his 6 generation

buyer beware, we got a pup from pet store. he had parvo,got him to vet on mon.they knew where we got him b4 they ask. called the store, could not care liess. said they had 1 die on sat of parvo

he is doing great.

Latest posts