Why are women different then men?

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife and I adopted three girls. Their social plight is made even more difficult by the fact that they are african american (perhaps I will get trounced for using the politically correct version of their ethnic heritage, but I've seen first hand the damage other terms can do to a little girl). The conversation always turns to the issue of or jokes about political correctness, sex, or that women just can lift as much as a man.

On the original topic, it seems to me that offering separate sessions for women is pandering to a continued sense of the inferiority of women. Sure it is much less prevalent in our culture than in other cultures, but the core is the same (imo) and this, to me, is an example of an untruth I don't care to perpetuate.

angus9259":1ikrl5es said:
On the original topic, it seems to me that offering separate sessions for women is pandering to a continued sense of the inferiority of women.

My guess is that some lady originally proposed it. Probably a bunch of women accompanying husbands to these functions sitting around in boredom.

backhoeboogie":1rxm8xxd said:
angus9259":1rxm8xxd said:
On the original topic, it seems to me that offering separate sessions for women is pandering to a continued sense of the inferiority of women.

My guess is that some lady originally proposed it. Probably a bunch of women accompanying husbands to these functions sitting around in boredom.

Sadly, I can imaging you're right. When people are denegrated long enough they join in the denegration and become contributors to it. By 2nd grad my three girls were able to articulate what's "ugly" about them - the size of their nose and lips, the darkness of their skin, the kinkiness of their hair . . . the more of any of these categories, the uglier they were. To them these were just matters of "fact" not opinion. One day I also caught them all jokingly referring to themselves as "bast*@*@rds" because they had no "dad" even though I had adopted them. I objected to their language and they said "what??? it's true!".

Sorry for preaching. I guess I'm probably just too close to it. I'll stay off the soap box now. I realize this is just my own opinion.

HerefordSire":2ludp4mk said:
In my experience, one should be very careful about words used when conversing about this subject. My beliefs go back to years and years of studying. The main worldy (not spiritually) difference between a male lion and a male human is intelligence. However, given a specific environment, a male human will act just like a male lion. Secondly, the force of reproduction is so strong in our environment, if a female is not available, some males will attempt to reproduce with another male even though it is biologically impossible.
thats why the LORD gave man, dominion over all the animals. but a few mental cases will always surface

angus9259":2o6kx3zj said:
backhoeboogie":2o6kx3zj said:
angus9259":2o6kx3zj said:

Sadly, I can imaging you're right. When people are denegrated long enough they join in the denegration and become contributors to it. By 2nd grad my three girls were able to articulate what's "ugly" about them - the size of their nose and lips, the darkness of their skin, the kinkiness of their hair . . . the more of any of these categories, the uglier they were. To them these were just matters of "fact" not opinion. One day I also caught them all jokingly referring to themselves as "bast*@*@rds" because they had no "dad" even though I had adopted them. I objected to their language and they said "what??? it's true!".

Sorry for preaching. I guess I'm probably just too close to it. I'll stay off the soap box now. I realize this is just my own opinion.

I hope you did not misunderstand me. It was simply a thought of my own mother having to accompany my father (back when they were living) to different boondoggles. It would have been nice if there had been something there for her to enjoy.

As far as daughter's go, I had no sons. The eldest is an Engineer graduate of UTD. Foreign instructors told her many times that she needed to stay at home and be a mother. :mad: It just made her fight harder.

I do have a grandson now and it is very different.

alacattleman":2915tu4g said:
HerefordSire":2915tu4g said:
In my experience, one should be very careful about words used when conversing about this subject. My beliefs go back to years and years of studying. The main worldy (not spiritually) difference between a male lion and a male human is intelligence. However, given a specific environment, a male human will act just like a male lion. Secondly, the force of reproduction is so strong in our environment, if a female is not available, some males will attempt to reproduce with another male even though it is biologically impossible.
thats why the LORD gave man, dominion over all the animals. but a few mental cases will always surface

Like a dinasaur? :mrgreen: Sounds to me like a male authored that part of the bible. :mrgreen: You really think a male has dominion over a female in the context in which you refer to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts