Why are women different then men?

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh by the way I forgot to add,
Don't ever try to bring the wimmen's lib thang around the little woman.
She'll tell you right off she enjoys being the queen and getting waited on hand and foot,all the dishes and all the house work done up for her while she's out shopping and gossiping with the rest of the farm queens.
Ya just aint gonna mess up her life with that wimmens lib thang. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Cal

Calman":20gn4twy said:
Oh by the way I forgot to add,
Don't ever try to bring the wimmen's lib thang around the little woman.
She'll tell you right off she enjoys being the queen and getting waited on hand and foot,all the dishes and all the house work done up for her while she's out shopping and gossiping with the rest of the farm queens.
Ya just aint gonna mess up her life with that wimmens lib thang. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Cal

Cal you still need some work. Lemme show ya!

Calman":20gn4twy said:
Don't ever try to bring the wimmen's lib thang around the little woman. "little woperson"

(That would be pc to that lady named "Huperson")
Cal

Pretty good one Calman.
I just loved freaking people out years ago. Running a finish roller on the main interstate working road construction. I could do just about every job on that crew except run the paver. Had another lady running that. :D

Now as to the convention if they had some interesting topics for the guys I would just stay with them and learn, but if they asked me to leave, now that would be a different story.
I guess since I am the one finding the bulls, reading the epd's, and bugging all of you for info :D ;-)
I would be the one staying there.

Calman":3tfdag0x said:
I will prob catch it over what I'm about to say.

I believe that No person regardless of their gender or race should be put in any job position they are not qualified for.Physically or mentally.

I realize that women are just as intellegent as men and can handle the mental part.
But there are just some jobs that physically a woman can't handle.
While I was driving a truck,I pulled into a dock to unload and a woman driver asked me to help her unload her truck,saying the cartons we're to heavy for her.
I asked her what she got paid for unloading and demanded the pay up front before I would help her.
She thought this was just awfull of me,and all the time I thought it was awfull that some company would hire a person unqualified for the job.

In some jobs a woman can handle and even do better than a man,and then there's those jobs a woman physically just can't do.

Ok ladies let's hear it.

Cal

Well, we can catch heck together, Cal, because I happen to agree with you. If anyone wants to take issue with it, I'll answer. Otherwise I'll just leave it at that.

Calman":3snbzg3d said:
I will prob catch it over what I'm about to say.

Not from me.

I believe that No person regardless of their gender or race should be put in any job position they are not qualified for.Physically or mentally.

I agree 100%.

I realize that women are just as intellegent as men and can handle the mental part.
But there are just some jobs that physically a woman can't handle.

I believe that in some instances this is the case. There are some situations that I have encountered where I just didn't have the physical strength, if help was not available, I would either figure out a way to do it, or I would wait for some assistance to become available.

While I was driving a truck,I pulled into a dock to unload and a woman driver asked me to help her unload her truck,saying the cartons we're to heavy for her.
I asked her what she got paid for unloading and demanded the pay up front before I would help her.
She thought this was just awfull of me,and all the time I thought it was awfull that some company would hire a person unqualified for the job.

Its one thing to lend a hand, its another to do someone elses work for them. I don't think you did the wrong thing.

In some jobs a woman can handle and even do better than a man,and then there's those jobs a woman physically just can't do.

There may be some women who can physically handle those things, but I guess it just depends on what it is.

Cal

Now, as for huperson, letter-carrier, fireperson, etc. I think that is just plain stupid and over the top. Human, mailman,fireman etc. And I will admit, its nice to have a dooor held open for me etc. I see it as respectful. My (late) aunt and I got into a mild argument about such things. she was a very staunch feminist. She felt that a man holding a door open for a lady meant that he thought she was too weak to do it for herself. Oh well, to each his own. (or perhaps I should have said to each his/her own).

Katherine

what about the 'men' in construction who can't keep up with us ladies? I have met a very lot of them! And they are usually a lot younger than I am!

I worked my whole life with men and I have usually out performed them. Farming, training racehorses and working! So I might be a bit 'put off' seeing the women branded as kitchen folk!

All similaritys aside, dating and marriage would sure be a boring proposition if there weren;t some differences.

CattleHand":27ma7q5b said:
I really dont see an issue with the women going to the cooking or photography sessions. Just in my upbringing I havent know many women that were interested in cattle. Then again the women I also know would be even less interested in taking pictures of cattle or learning new recipes.

Out of curiosity how many women show up to those meetings?

I think the point was it was specifically targeted to women. My husband is a way better photographer than me so he would probably enjoy that session. He can't cook a lick though :D

I would always open doors for my wife while we were dating.
I stoped it after we married,I found out she wasen't crippled. :lol: :lol:

I still treat a lady like a lady as long as she acts like one.

Cal

dun":uqqu4gq5 said:
All similaritys aside, dating and marriage would sure be a boring proposition if there weren;t some differences.

Thank you that says it best. The husband has said many times to me why can't you do this ex. haying, baling, spreading manure, do an oil change, etc. ( I could do all those things easily as they are not rocket science, but choose not to at this time). I say why don't you vacuum ,dust , clean a bathroom, mow the lawn, even trim the dogs nails , feed the dogs once and a while (all things that he could easily as they are not rocket science, do but chooses not to).

The discussion always ends in a stalemate as we both realize that we are a team and each of us picks up or takes over where the other one can't. If by some chance neither of us can handle a job then we get a professional,,hopefully before MR. HD has figured out he is in over his head.. :help: :lol2:

I am lucky that I am healthy and work out every day so I can almost keep up with my husband when it comes to manual labor, and he expects it of me to do my share of everything, and he is not a little guy.. :D

Theoretically speaking...in a worldly sense...and not in a spiritual sense....

As mentioned previously, males are less valuable......because, like cattle, they are not needed to reproduce when half of all births are male, unless there are not enough to go around. If there is a shortage of males (like at some universities and towns and environments such as after the Civil War where more male deaths are recorded than any other US war), a male becomes much more valuable. As long as there are enough males for a nation to prevent a dimishing population, and as long as all born offspring are half male and half female, there will always be wars to balance the excessive supply of males. The wars are usually controlled by the assets. Only recently were women allowed to enlist in the military, which could risk the security of a nation (through population growth). Likewise, nation's enconomy is closely related to these same demographics. If a population becomes dimished and no immigration is allowed, you can also project lower economic numbers (baby boom and bust aka social security issues) and the lowering in the value of assets by those that control them.

My point is, what we witness in every day life, like your Cattlemen's meeting, good and bad, sexists and non-sexist, is many times related to the will, or force, to reproduce. My genes are better than yours are and your genes are better than mine. However, if you have allot of assets, and I have the best genes with few assets, your genes have a higher probablility of being passed to future generations.

HerefordSire":1odzgg7v said:
Theoretically speaking...in a worldly sense...and not in a spiritual sense....

As mentioned previously, males are less valuable......because, like cattle, they are not needed to reproduce when half of all births are male, unless there are not enough to go around. If there is a shortage of males (like at some universities and towns and environments such as after the Civil War where more male deaths are recorded than any other US war), a male becomes much more valuable. As long as there are enough males for a nation to prevent a dimishing population, and as long as all born offspring are half male and half female, there will always be wars to balance the excessive supply of males. The wars are usually controlled by the assets. Only recently were women allowed to enlist in the military, which could risk the security of a nation (through population growth). Likewise, nation's enconomy is closely related to these same demographics. If a population becomes dimished and no immigration is allowed, you can also project lower economic numbers (baby boom and bust aka social security issues) and the lowering in the value of assets by those that control them.

My point is, what we witness in every day life, like your Cattlemen's meeting, good and bad, sexists and non-sexist, is many times related to the will, or force, to reproduce. My genes are better than yours are and your genes are better than mine. However, if you have allot of assets, and I have the best genes with few assets, your genes have a higher probablility of being passed to future generations.

Bingo! Now I see why Women are a lot different than Men. ;-)

Bingo was his name.... B I N G O, etc.

Spiritually speaking, there is no difference between a male and a female.

You sound like you are Clint Eastwood holding a colt in a western......and you are on the verge of putting me out of my misery. :mrgreen:

iowahawkeyes":1a184f2l said:
CattleHand":1a184f2l said:
I really dont see an issue with the women going to the cooking or photography sessions. Just in my upbringing I havent know many women that were interested in cattle. Then again the women I also know would be even less interested in taking pictures of cattle or learning new recipes.

Out of curiosity how many women show up to those meetings?

I think the point was it was specifically targeted to women. My husband is a way better photographer than me so he would probably enjoy that session. He can't cook a lick though :D

Your probably right. Maybe they shouldnt offer those sessions? I for one dont see an issue with it. I can see why they offer them though like they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts