Why aren’t the cute ones heifers?

Help Support CattleToday:

One can appreciate the female of any specie if their appearance is above average………
And yet, I retained "Bart" last year. Soooo butt ugly & huge I seriously thought it was a bull calf, named it appropriately and went on my way. Until I realized she had no junk. Da hell?! But she's a big, strappin' farm girl from my oldest cow that has consistently calved in the first couple weeks & an awesome lineage. And I'll be damned if Bart wasn't the first of the 1st calf heifers to calve and her calf has already surpassed some of the ones from my older cows. She's still butt ugly, with a nappy coat and doesn't look very feminine, but sometimes looks are overrated.

And yet, I retained "Bart" last year. Soooo butt ugly & huge I seriously thought it was a bull calf, named it appropriately and went on my way. Until I realized she had no junk. Da hell?! But she's a big, strappin' farm girl from my oldest cow that has consistently calved in the first couple weeks & an awesome lineage. And I'll be damned if Bart wasn't the first of the 1st calf heifers to calve and her calf has already surpassed some of the ones from my older cows. She's still butt ugly, with a nappy coat and doesn't look very feminine, but sometimes looks are overrated.
Just give woody a couple beer and he'll take care of her, looks or not!

Latest posts