Who do you talk to?

Help Support CattleToday:

MistyMorning":2iue7da0 said:
alisonb":2iue7da0 said:
Have made some good friends here, chat almost daily to some either by e mail or PM :D

I used to chat to an oldish chap in his seventies for quite a time, more about life than cattle, until he started asking me to send him nude photographs of myself and telling me I was associating with the 'wrong' people on the board. Seems he was looking for an online lover :p :p :banana: :lol: :lol: :lol: It's been the only slightly negative experience that I've come across on the board.

That boob! I can't tell you how many women on these boards have beyotched about him over the years. Gawd I hope no one ever falls for his crap.

For myself, I have met one person from the boards who has been to my house at least one to many times, talk on the phone to the grumpy old guy often, talk to another one from Virginia on the phone once in awhile and don't understand a thang he is talking about.
Well now you can't blame him for asking :mrgreen: Isn't communication what everyone says is so important?

alisonb":7byapbgq said:
Have made some good friends here, chat almost daily to some either by e mail or PM :D

I used to chat to an oldish chap in his seventies for quite a time, more about life than cattle, until he started asking me to send him nude photographs of myself and telling me I was associating with the 'wrong' people on the board. Seems he was looking for an online lover :p :p :banana: :lol: :lol: :lol: It's been the only slightly negative experience that I've come across on the board.

That oldish chap was NOT in his 70's, and YOU PROMISED not to tell!

Hugs

Bez

Talk to some on the phone, text some (yeah I finally learned how to do it), pm a few more. I have met 2 in person, hope to meet more. I can't wait to meet Jed and Brad in person, I'm sure it will line up with a trade show sometime. It's amazing to talk to them and realize how much we've all been affected by the same things, whether it was the drought this summer or the hard times back in the 80's. I have been blessed to get the know people on this board.

Larry

Never met or talked to anyone here. Had a few PM's. Most everyone really nice folks, a couple of real AH's but that's like it is in real life. I have a bucket list of folks I would like to meet but I doubt that will ever happen. Good folks on here.

snake67":2grqoz62 said:
alisonb":2grqoz62 said:

That oldish chap was NOT in his 70's, and YOU PROMISED not to tell!

Hugs

Bez

Yeah, yeah Bez and to you too James T :lol:

It wasn't so much the nude pics that got to me(I actually found that hilarious) but watching him post about his Christian values etc etc........ Can't stand a hypocrite!!!!

Kenny - sorry we hijacked your thread for a bit :)

alisonb":3m48j5iy said:
snake67":3m48j5iy said:
alisonb":3m48j5iy said:

I used to chat to an oldish chap in his seventies for quite a time, more about life than cattle, until he started asking me to send him nude photographs of myself and telling me I was associating with the 'wrong' people on the board. Seems he was looking for an online lover :p :p :banana: :lol: :lol: :lol: It's been the only slightly negative experience that I've come across on the board.[/quote

Yeah, yeah :lol:

It wasn't so much the nude pics that got to me(I actually found that hilarious) but watching him post about his Christian values etc etc........ Can't stand a hypocrite!!!!

Kenny - sorry we hijacked your thread :)

Lets see, a highjack about nude pictures? Yep I think that one is fine. :banana:

Perhaps he fancied himself as a very old school Christian and thought of himself as Adam and you as Eve in the Garden of Eden before the fig leaf thing....
:lol2:

alisonb":23xovad0 said:
watching him post about his Christian values etc etc..
This is the rope that will hang him. :nod: As you say, the rest is a joke.

I talk to MM, and finagle invites now and again. I stay pretty up to date on the weather in Mo.. I used to talk a lot to AC before he got a real job. I hardly talk to anyone anymore actually, but I still enjoy the back and forth on the boards.

Aaron":2l9e78kj said:
Never met any of them.

I surprisingly get a large number of PM's from people who read, but don't post - looking for help and information.

As Bez said, we talked once on the phone, years ago. We are both still trying to catch up on the work that was put off during that conversation. ;-)

The only ones I can see myself visiting, based on distance, would be LazyA, Randi, Bizin or StockerSteve. Maybe Rockridge, but she is soooo far up North...it's like going to another country. :lol:

beautiful country though...would be missing out

angie":2b7n9iyy said:
I used to talk a lot to AC before he got a real job.
Angrie it had nothing to do with me getting a real job
We quit talking as much since you started sending me nakkid pics of you and MM in your full winter hair
I was traumatized and speechless
I am still going to Therapy over the last ones you sent me :hide: :hide:

Angus Cowman":3bmu0ofs said:
angie":3bmu0ofs said:
We quit talking as much since you started sending me nakkid pics of you and MM in your full winter hair
Don't believe that. AC has never been speechless.

Angus Cowman":3jntt3py said:
angie":3jntt3py said:

I don't think you should talk about MilkMaid like that. :D

I have PM'd a couple of members and met one. The guy I met was beyond nice and even sold me a gun for my son's B-Day. He gave me a heck of a deal since it was for my boy. Real nice guy that my son and I enjoyed getting to visit with. Good looking cattle too!

Ryder":2hp4xv9s said:
Beefy":2hp4xv9s said:
That's strange. Seems like I can remember that we used to talk via PM sometime back.
Maybe I just dreamed it--- Nightmare? :???:

ha!
that is still online and i dont talk to anyone on a regular basis other than myself.

[ i dont talk to anyone on a regular basis other than myself.[/quote]

I talk to myself a lot. It is the only way I can have an intellegent conversation around here.

Being fairly new to the board, I have not yet had the chance to meet anyone personally (that I know about anyway). We may have met at a sale or something and just didn't know that we were both using the boards. A few of us from Tennessee are trying to schedule a get together sometime in April before work gets to hectic around the farm.

Looking forward to meeting more as time goes by.

:cboy:

Brian

I have met 4 members, all were great people. PM with a few, that I plan to meet.

Latest posts