Where is the high end.

Help Support CattleToday:

I know what i have to say is from a Canadian prespective, but here, when our dollar was low, cattle were higher. As the dollar rose, the cattle dropped. So, with your dollar lower that what it has been I can see why your cattle prices are on the rise.

That said, our dollar is near par with you. Been that way for a while now. In the beginning when the dollar rose, prices dropped. And were still down last fall run. But this year is different. Dang if i know why. Maybe because both of our contries have seen drastic herd reductions, the rise could just be plain supply and demand.

Dixieangus said:
My thoughts are that it will continue to increase but the consumer is only going to pay so much fir a steak so it will level out.
I don't think that is really going to be the barrier. I hear hamburger is going to be pretty expensive by March 2011. Look at the futures prices.

Just read that the prices seem high, but to equal out the higher inputs we have now--- live cattle need to be selling at $134/100lbs to equal the highs in the past. Thats why cow numbers are not increasing this time.

Makes sense to me

Latest posts